Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't like the pick but I'm going to reserve judgement.

All Gas No Shake, NCJetsfan and Br4d like this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm in Matt. He has all the components. Let's get him to work with Chan to put 'em all together.

It's not his fault he was under siege for two years.

Go Jets!

egelband, Br4d and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Exactly WW I rooted for Sanchez, Geno, Petty any Jet QB, lets go Jets, fuckin morons hating on the kid already

egelband and Br4d like this.
  4. matt robinson 17

I believe In TB and Chan 85

The 1985er and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I may be an idiot but I am NOT a moron.

_

egelband and matt robinson 17 like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll take a shot at it. I'm not thrilled with the pick and can understand why most of the reactions are negative. That said, I think that Mac has done a very good job so far, and has earned some trust and respect. It might wind up being a horrible pick, but I'm going to choose to trust Mac and his new scouting dept.'s judgment until he/they prove that they aren't worthy of trust. I'm trusting that Mac probably spoke at length with Bill O'Brien regarding Hackenberg.

As a couple of posters have pointed out, after Hack's freshman year, he was highly rated and was thought to be a future #1 pick in the draft. Gailey is a great teacher and developer of QBs. Hack is supposedly smart, and has the arm to make all the throws. We all know the Jets need a QB of the future. With the D the Jets have, they're not likely to be picking in the top 5 of a draft in the foreseeable future. Thus, the only way the Jets would have a shot at getting an elite QB prospect is trading the farm to move up, and we know that those moves seldom work out, and even if they do, the team is still not good for years because of all the picks used to move up. I'm not an adherent of the philosophy that all one needs is a game manager at QB and one can win the SB. Is it possible? Yes, but is it likely? No. I want a true, honest-to-God, real QB who has the talent to be a top 10, if not top 5 QB in the NFL and who can keep the Jets in prime contention for the Lombardi Trophy for 10 years or more. I think Hack may just have the talent and potential to become that QB. He's a project and is going to take some work, perhaps a LOT of work, but imo, it's worth rolling the dice. I think he's got more talent and potential than any of the other QBs in the draft.

At any rate, I think it's worth rolling the dice on him. If he busts, it's only a low 2nd round pick, it's not a 1st rounder. If he pans out, we'll have our QB. I don't think there was probably a player available at that point in the draft who could have the potential positive impact on the Jets and their future as Hack can. I'm going to root like crazy for him. If he busts, I'll be disappointed, and possibly even angry at Mac by then, but I'm not going to doubt him now, much less kill him for the pick. Mac is possibly putting his job and even his career on the line with this pick. If he believes that strongly in Hack, then I think there must be good reason.

7. matt robinson 17

Loosen up Stokes hes a Jet, lets go Jets, I'd root for Hitler If he was a Jet, give the the kid a chance he has all the intangibles

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Most intelligent post on this thread.

RexLuvzSnax and ctjetsguy like this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

debatable

RexLuvzSnax and matt robinson 17 like this.
  10. JStokes

I heard he hates Jews so yeah.

_

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

"Mac is possibly putting his job and even his career on the line with this pick. If he believes that strongly in Hack, then I think there must be good reason."

NC, thats why I will reserve judgement too. Mac is sticking his neck out on this one. Lets see what happens.

egelband and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Because Cook sucks, has little upside and is a dick with ears. Hack on the other hand, has a ton of talent and potential and a lot of upside.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. JStokes

You son of a bitch.

_

14. HomeoftheJets

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nevermind. Sometimes I'm an idiot

16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

but this pick has no bearing on Fitz for this yr or his contract this pick is about 2017/2018 this is how smart teams draft. I am not arguing about Elway's knowledge about qbs. Because Lynch is not starting this yr either. What has a bearing on Fitz is what they think of Geno or Petty, or even Hoyer.
    Now you as far as corner the Jets invested a 1st and a 3rd pick in two players that need to either shit or get off the pot. You want to compound bad cbs by tripling down and passing on a player they had rated higher. None of here are scouts so you are going on basically ranting the kid is gonna suck based on what/ past experiences with the Jets former staff. Sorry not buying into that crap

After the first qbs went the all the other qbs are about the same I wanted olineman but without knowing their board we cant say who they had rated higher. Actually Lynch has more of a learning curve at least Hack has played in a pro set offense

17. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

I wasn't high on this pick at first but I've warmed to it. Fact of the matter is none of us know jack shit if a quarterback is going to be good. We pass on guys like Carr and Wilson and then complain "why don't we ever draft a Carr or Wilson". We're taking a shot, let's not crucify the kid before he's even stepped foot in training camp

RuJFan and RexLuvzSnax like this.
  18. JStokes

19. HomeoftheJets

Am I missing something? Idzik took Geno during his first offseason.

20. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

nope because it was a first yr gm coming off a 8-8 yr that took geno that had red flags all over the place