Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

This might be the best part of Mo. When teams spend a tone of time game planning to stop 1 man they aren't spending time on the other 10. I can only imagine how much of OC's time goes to handling Mo leading up to playing the Jets.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

All that matters is winning the SB, no one remembers the team that lost. Cam's contract will balloon to 19M this season so it should be interesting to see how that affects signing players here and going forward. It already affected the Seahawks and the same will happen to the Colts.

3. Jets_Grinch

I semi agree with you. Yes the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl and i don't want anyone within the Jets organization thinking otherwise. However once the season is done I do feel you can take some pride in over achieving what was expected of you. This year is the perfect example. "Great season boys, hell of a lot better then the pundits expected" (pats player on the shoulder affectionately) "Now get in the fucking weight room"

4. 101GangGreen101

Big Ben was the other exception I was looking for outside of Eli Manning. That was the one I forgot. So we have 2 QBs

Brady wasn't a 100M dollar QB, same with Wilson and Peyton took a pay-cut.

5. 101GangGreen101

I agree you should feel some sort of accomplishment if you have a really good season, but as a franchise you need to build on that success because now the expectations are higher.

I don't even know why we are talking about HOF caliber QBs when we are more than likely one of the franchises farthest away from getting one. You gotta keep your best in-house talent, especially if you aren't paying a QB outrageous money. Mo is an important piece to the defense, the ultimate glue guy that can go out and get his own. We want to see Leonard Williams beast next season right? Having Mo here will help him get to that next level and help his confidence.

6. Jets_Grinch

I don't think you need a HOF QB if you have the right supporting cast. Flacco is not top tier. Eli argumably is. Peyton was NOT last year. I think signing Mo is huge for the defense if it doesn't handcuff them too much. There is a fine line between the boost he gives the rest of the D and harming them from signing other players against the cap. mac probably already has drawn his line in the sand as has Mo. I suspect these numbers will come to light sooner then later.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You may not have to be a hofer but you need a franchise QB and we haven't had one in so long I can't remember who it was..I'm sure there has to have been somebody since Namath..O'Brien maybe, some would argue Pennington but I'm not one of them.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Actually I'll go you one further.

While the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, this is also our version of a soap opera or Game of Thrones--it's about ENTERTAINMENT during the season.

Sure I'd love to win a SB but I also REALLY REALLY want to enjoy my soap opera for 16 episodes. And hopefully more.

The Jets--for me--are a lot more than just the result. I'm not looking to wake up one Monday morning in February and pick up the paper off my stoop and say "Hey, cool- we won the Super Bowl".

Last year was for the most part fun and exciting and we were right there until the last game. We lost, it sucks, but the 5 weeks leading up to that? Phenomenal.

I don't want to suffer through any more shitty 4-12 seasons, mathematically eliminated before Halloween.

It's not ALL about winning the SB.

_

9. Jets_Grinch

I completely agree and throw the 2010 season also as a great ride. The best part of being a "real fan" is riding this insane emotional roller coaster and when it finally pays off it feels THAT much better. I have buddies that float teams every few years and and so "their team" has won a few championships. I've been here since 98 when i was 13, i know many of you have been around much longer, when Bowles lifts the Lombardy i have no idea how it will feel but the pay off will be out of this world.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Jets_Grinch

I think the 2010 team with Pennington could have done it. ot saying he is a franchise Qb, but he is exactly the type of talent and leadership i am speaking of. A good QB is needed, a lights out superstar not necessarily. The only franchise QB that's worn jets green since Broadway Joe is Favre on his quick stop over.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

2010 was one of the most enjoyable seasons in recent memory.

Hard Knocks, Rex was fat, beating the Pats IN Foxboro, Braylon doing backflips, Sanchez and Tone and Cotch doing the flying thingy, what a wild ride.

Hey we lost but nothing will ever take that enjoyment away from me.

_

legler82 and Catfish Billy like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

To me this achievement got deflated so quickly because that off-season the wheels of the wagon fell off in a matter of a few weeks. We made some awful decisions, we couldn't build on that success and a season later people wanted Rex and Tanny gone. Sanchez sucked and well 2011 came then 2012 and we were right back to square 1.

13. Jets_Grinch

That off season was a disaster but 2010 was incredible. I don't think I've ever been so high on this team as i was after the Pats game. And all the showboating in the house of the least classy team in the league was the cherry on top. This front office looks to be building for the future and sustained success, that one was in win now at all costs mode.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

ok so then every team whose salary structure doesnt match broncos is doing it wrong i guess.

15. 101GangGreen101

Cross the 49ers off the list with Buckner

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So Mo is clearly the best interior pass rusher left in the "draft" and he's also an excellent run defender. Maybe a top pick in round 2 is what the Jets can finagle for him at this late stage in the process? They'd have all day to get a deal worked out between Mo and the suitor.

17. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

I was against it, but there is some good talent still left out there, we may still get some value for him. We need the cap space trading Mo for a high second, plus a mid round pick would be ideal.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Don't the Browns have a couple 2's?

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Sanchez sucks. Rex sucks harder.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Yeah barely missing the playoffs is a lot more fun.