Bradford upside

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Apr 21, 2016.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Definitely a 1 route play call. Fitz stared Decker's way from snap to throw and the defense never had to worry about Ivory...such a shame though.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

But the alternative is to go into the season with a guy who hasn't proven his worth (Geno) or untested players (Petty/Draft Pick).

You can win with an average QB, you can't win with a QB who can't play.

It makes more sense to bring back Fitz or trade for Bradford, and develop somebody behind him rather than just turn things over to Geno or a QB who has never played an NFL snap.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Isn't Bradford's trade request just a fishing expedition to see if there is another team out there willing to give him a long term deal as a franchise QB? The Eagles have now resoundingly told him that he only has 1-2 years with the team both in his contract (2 years) and with them taking a QB at #2. By now, I think it's been established that Bradford is not durable enough or good enough to be considered a franchise QB, so why would we pass on Fitz (another mediocre short term option) to make a similar commitment to Bradford?

almbleamal likes this.
  4. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

If it's true he's demanding a trade, how lame is he? The Eagles gave him a 2 year, $36 million ($26 million guaranteed) contract and has made like a zillion dollars all the while not performing, and he's mad he'd have to compete for the job? Crazy that he thinks he's in a position to demand anything! What a pair this guy has. One would think any team that would take him would make him compete for the job. He has done nothing in his career for anyone to just give him the starting job.

74 and PulseJet like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Fitz did that a lot last year... there were times when he looked like he only viewed half the field.

I just wondering why we haven't explored Foles option... just wondering?

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It was Geno-esque!

7. PulseJet

Or just sign Hoyer for a few million and if he craps the bed see how Petty does midseason.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

That's another option. But Hoyer stinks, he's the worst option of the 3. You're not really going to compete with him and when you have guys on offense like Marshall, Decker, Forte, Mangold, Clady, Carpenter, you really should be taking your best shot.

9. PulseJet

Yeah, I agree with that. Fitz is my first choice, and am OK with a premium over those other guys, but I honestly dont think we would be THAT worse off with Hoyer or even Geno for a half a season.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather go with Geno over Hoyer. We know what Hoyer is. And while we probably know what Geno is as well, he at least has more physical ability than Hoyer has.

11. PulseJet

But at that point, I'd rather just roll with Petty. See what he can do with good talent around him. I'd bet he would do no worse than Geno and maybe no worse than Fitz.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think that all depends on if the Jets feel he is ready for that role. He was a project coming out of college.

13. DrM

DrM Member

Petty did get a year to observe/I'm curious to know how he's progressed as well, but we won't know til TC

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Recently everybody has been a project coming out of college except maybe Luck.

15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Hoyer threw 19 TDs and only 7 picks last year, while getting his team to the playoffs. If he's your quarterback, you aren't going to the Super Bowl, but you can certainly be competitive.

16. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

With the Eagles taking a QB with pick 2 there is zero chance Bradford starts for Eagles beyond one year, and he probably wouldn't start for even one year. So why would he commit to a team that has no commitment to him? You gotta stand up for yourself, I respect the hell out of this move.

17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

No ESPN. It DOESNT make sense for us to trade for Bradford. It DOESN'T work out financially. The idea that we'd waste precious draft picks on that no talent waste of space is insulting.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

WR has to cross the face of the defender there.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Fitz made a lot bad decisions but I would not put throwing a post route against single coverage to a big WR on that list. Give the CB credit for studying film and once Decker realized he was sitting on the route he needed to all he could to get in front of that CB.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Somehow this wound up in the wrong thread :)