Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Unless they're taking Elliott. :)

Big Cat likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

could they be interested in Jalen Ramsey and all this QB talk is bullshit? After a quote like that from the horse's mouth it makes me think they don't want a QB b/c if they did they wouldn't know who they are going to get yet.

or possibly even Myles Jack...

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think they're definitely going QB but in the very off chance that they aren't I'd say Ezekiel Elliot. They're rumored to love him and itd make sense to jump in front of a division rival in Dallas to take him. That would be a LOT to give up for a RB so I doubt it.

june19 and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

interesting I never would've thought Dallas would consider Elliott though and also damn. I would roll the dice on that one instead of trading up for him

5. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

This very untrue. All I have to say to you is Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater. Fact it is would prefer a chance at Lynch then either of the top 2. All draft pundits say Lynch has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. To me none of the 3 are sure things. I don't care about the floor when looking at these 3. It's either they make it or they don't. Yes the top 2 have the highest % to be successful but honestly their % can't be much higher. Goff arm strength is very questionable if you watch some of the games. And Wentz has big question mark on if he will translate to the nfl. That said your rolling the dice. Who knows Lynch could be like Carr or Bridgewater.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahah Im hoping your unlikely scenario comes true. can you imagine if they take Elliot 2? That would be hysterical

NCJetsfan and Big Cat like this.
  7. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

I agree if it is Elliott this becomes one of the funniest draft moves in recent history and it also put the chargers in a great position.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Good teams are good because they have good QBs. Those good QBs are either well-protected, or mobile, or have quick release.
    Any QB Jets will have won't be elite. So protecting him is even more important because he won't be able to compensate

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Many of the suggested trades involved the Jets using Mo to move up in the draft to get a QB. It was already going to be very hard to trade him. I suppose they may still work out a deal with SF or Chicago, but Cleveland is no longer an option.

10. NCJetsfan

Yeah, but any GM who gives up all those picks and mortgages his team's future for a position player is a moron imo.

11. NCJetsfan

Don't know if you were being serious or sarcastic with your last sentence, but if he gave up all those picks and isn't taking a QB, he deserves to be fired. Giving away all those picks for any other position than QB is nothing short of insane imo.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I hope we don't take the bait and trade up for Lynch.

13. Big Cat

I was being sarcastic; how can he not know who the Rams are taking yet know with certainty who he's taking? It sounds like a mess.

slimjasi likes this.
  14. Big Cat

That would be a disaster

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

He was being sarcastic. Those two statements attributed to the Eagles GM are logically incompatible.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not important enough to mortgage the future to trade up for the LT.

17. NCJetsfan

I know that, unless he IS taking a player other than Goff or Wentz. That's why I said if he was trading up to take anything other than a QB, he's insane. Team's don't usually trade up into the top 2 to take a position player, even a topflight LT like Tunsil, but I suppose anything is possible. I've seen some crazy ass shit happen in the draft, like the Raiders taking Sebastian Janikowski in the 1st round.

18. NCJetsfan

I agree it sounds like a mess. He could not know who the Rams are taking if he wasn't taking a QB. It would be utterly moronic and a fireable offense, and I doubt it, but he could be stupid enough to be trading up for Tunsil, Elliot, or Jack.

Big Cat likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what...Iggles fans are as insane and passionate as Jets fans are and if I went to their message board right now I'll bet the fans are livid that the Iggles Front Office just blew the next two drafts out of the water for a QB that is borderline 1st round talent.

I know I would have been pissed as hell had the Jets done something similar. I, personally, do not think either one of them are in Manning/Luck territory and that is what you better get to give up that much. I'd rather the Jets talk to Tampa about Glennon than anything else...at least we know what we're getting with him.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sounds like they aren't going QB based on the GM's tweet.