Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

Ok Sheldon isn't in trouble yet. He is still under nfl probation so to speak but as far as this incident the last I read they do not expect punishment. That said Williams was a higher prospect than both the other 2 and has the highest upside of the 3... I think Richardson has more upside than Mo but obviously less intelligence. So yes we have 2 Rockstar besides Mo. Which we have about 2 years to sign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

KingRoach likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that extending Mo or trading him is preferable to playing him under the tag. Which of the two I can't say unless I were to know how much money it would take to extend Mo and what the return would be in a trade. But even though I would consider trading Mo, I don't have a ton of faith that Sheldon will get it together.

3. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

So he has 2 incidents and all of a sudden can't turn it around... if he was Josh Gordon I would agree.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No, I don't in any way look at a rookie that had a decent but not spectacular 1st season as a "rockstar". To look at his first season and exclaim that is just ridiculous.
    The rest of your post is also just you throwing shit against the wall. 6 games for MO? No he would be there for the season because you still don't know what you have with Williams and you don't know when Richardson is going to screw up again.
    And where the fuck did I even come close to saying the cost of players is not going to increase?

5. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

That rookie had a solid season and has more upside than Mo ever will. You act like Mo is JJ Watts. He is very replaceable. In fact both Richardson and Williams have more upside and are cheaper. Richardson has only been suspended one time. Yes there is a chance (very small) that he will be again. So yeah he has made bad choices but it's not like he has done it 4 times like Josh Gordon.

6. The Waterboy

Mo is proven, Williams is not. To argue otherwise is ridiculous. I also love how you state I am saying things that I came no where near saying. Where the fuck did I compare Mo to anyone? I said Mo had more value than Richardson because he has not had any kind of trouble with the league. If you want to take that as me saying he is JJ Watt then you are just not all that bright.
    For Richardson, just ignore the 140MPH, with a kid in the car, smelling like weed, turning off the lights to try and get away from the cops, while under suspension for smoking weed. Yep, only suspended one time, don't worry about the rest because......why? Tell me why we are acting like this didn't happen?
    Richardson on the field may have more upside than Mo but you don't just look at that otherwise Greg Hardy would have a long term contract right now. It's a package deal you get the players playing ability along with their baggage.
    Once again Mo is proven, Williams is not. You can claim he has more upside but that is just your guess and nothing more.

7. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

On Richardson we are acting like it didn't happen because after it was reported their would most likely be no further punishment. In fact there was no drug test. No proof he was high. So to suspend him for drug would be easy to appeal.
    I never said you compared Wilkerson to anyone. I said you act like he is watts and not replaceable.
    Yes Mo is proven. Proven to be a very good but not truly elite de... his most sacks ever (12) came with supposed of an extremely good line which included Williams and Richardson. Compared to truly elite De's like Houston or Watts he is not that impressive. Don't get me wrong I love Mo and what he bring to the table. Great on and off the field. But don't overvalue him.

8. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

And comparing Richardson to Greg Hardy shows your retardation. He smoked weed... didn't beat a woman and have violent charges against him or got to the media after to essentially brag.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

you can pretend like there haven't been glaring red flags on Richardson's character and judgement if you like.

10. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

I am not pretending like he doesn't have red flags.. I am just not blowing it out of proportion like you... Josh Gordon has failed 4 drug tests and still has a chance in this league. Richardson has failed one and done something really stupid since. He may not get it trouble for the second one. But it may wake him up. He may realize he is about to Gordon it up. Big pay check in 1-2 years won't be there if he keeps it up.

11. The Waterboy

Where was it reported that "their would most likely be no further punishment"? I must have missed that because he was just sentenced in the case in January and they were most probably waiting for the outcome first.
    Stating that I "act like he is watts and not replaceable" when I said nothing close to that is just you using that to try and make your post sound more reasonable. Try replying to what I said next time.
    Mo had 3.5 sacks in the 1st 4 games, games where Richardson was in street clothes. How did he help Mo?

Now what I said is that I think Mo has more value than Richardson because he does not have the possibility of further suspensions and his asking price is probably not as high as Richardson's. If they are balking at giving Mo $15-$16M do you think they are going to roll over when Richardson wants $18-$19M? Of course just guesses on my part as to how much but I have no doubt Sheldon will want a few million more than Mo.

Now what I said is that I think Mo has more value than Richardfson

12. The Waterboy

I was going to say you can't be that stupid but it is quite obvious you are. Once again claiming I said things or implied something I never came close to.

What I said was that if players were only looked at for their play rather than the whole package of play plus off field acts then there would be no issue and Hardy would have a contract.

That you completely missed that is not surprising since you have proven yourself to lack any kind of comprehension.

13. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

Mo does have more value this year if you mean trading. That's a given. As to Richardson helping Mo last year, there are more than 4 games in a year. 12 more. In which most go 8.5 more sacks. And it was stated after the charges against Richardson were dropped to basically nothing that there most likely wouldn't be more against him. Both by Richardson's lawyer and other sources. It's hard to get him for peds when there was no drug test.

14. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

No you really are that stupid.. this is comparing one to the other.. if this then this.. comparing quit being a moron and just realize Harry's situation is way different. So by comparing.. which anyone beside you can obviously see you doing. You just makes yourself look even more stupid.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll believe this when I see it. Sheldon was arrested for trying to elude cops, having a loaded gun in his car and having a 12 year old child in the vehicle during the situation. The weed smell was mentioned but not a factor in the arrest.

This when compared to other suspensions in the NFL for behavioral issues is consistent.

I think you are deluded in your expectations.

That, and your persistently idiotic posts almost makes you a candidate for his PR team.

16. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

He will not be suspended for peds which is what I am stating. He may be suspended for behavior. Maybe not. Idk but it won't stack with the ped conviction either way.. if you read the guidelines. He will only miss 2-4 weeks. And that's a maybe. Either way this will be his second suspension not his 4th like Gordon which was my original point. He can still turn it around and straighten it out. Saying we need to keep moving because of his issues is illogical and ignorant. Not saying I am a Richardson fan. Sometimes I wish his agent would bust his mouth. And he's going to be a bit cheaper to sign because he thinks he is worth watts money which is a laugh.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

18. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

Performance enhancing drugs. That is what the consider Marijuana to be. His first offense.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

who considers marijuana a performance enhancing drug?

20. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

Ignorant people. What performance does it enhance? Eating contect? Stand up comedy?