Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

We won't get the #2 for just mo... there would be other compensation. To think anything else is ridiculous. And atm for us to give up more isn't worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

3. Joseph Graw

Joseph Graw Member

I understand that. I wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for most of Clevelands draft picks recently. That doesn't effect the fact the #2 is worth about what the #1 is... a kings ransom... Mo isn't... the Browns are horrible at drafting but I don't think they are flat out ignorant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

74 and KingRoach like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the new Browns regime will look at the number of firings that have happened in that organization since the ownership changed hands and they'll go for the safest option possible. I don't think that will be a trade for Mo but if the Jets offered them Mo with the possibility of a some kind of package I'm guessing they'd fall all over themselves evaluating it. Mo is worth more than anybody the organization has drafted in the 1st round since Joe Thomas.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The new Browns regime is basing all of their decisions on analytics. If data point to a trade for a proven Pro-Bowl end being a sound decision, they will do it. I don't know if the numbers say that though.

#226 legler82, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  7. HomeoftheJets

Maybe, but they're also into analytics, and that leads me to think they won't be interested in Mo. No sense in bringing him in if you're looking for picks more than wins.

KingRoach likes this.
  8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

They aren't getting close to the #2 for Mo. The fact that he's going to demand such a big long-term deal, they'd be lucky to get a late first rounder.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

When I combine all the different factors (i.e., offseason internet rumors, team's current needs/cap space, Mac's M.O. thus far as a GM...etc.), my gut tells me Mac already has a tentative Mo deal in place with San Francisco contingent on Goff sliding to the 7th spot. However, it's not what many would think or hope. Rather them trading the 7th overall pick to us so we can acquire Goff, they would trade us Kaep instead. Think about it.

-Kaep wants out.
    -Kaep supposedly has expressed interest in playing for the Jets.
    -Goff is from the Bay area and fits well in Kelly's system.
    -Pretty much every mock has Goff going to SF.
    -If SF drafts him, they keep 3 potential and/or prior starting QBs.
    -SF has more cap space than there are quality players available to use it all on.
    -They have a big need for a 3-4 DE.
    -Mo has supposedly expressed his desire to play in SF.
    -Kaep fits pretty well in Chan Gailey's system.
    -Kaep also continues this "win now" mentality and the other people's trash becoming our treasure theme.

Now let it be known I'm not a fan of Kaep or this proposal; just reading tea leaves and (high). Wanted to make sure I documented this so that when I say "I had a feeling this would happen", I have proof.

NYJetsO12 and nycarl like this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

So what would the trade be? Mo for their 2nd round, kaep and Davis?
    Ps I put my predictions in the crystal ball forum

11. HomeoftheJets

I doubt Goff falls to 7. He probably goes 1 and could easily go 2 if Wentz goes 1.

12. Garycs

Garycs Member

Schefter says the Rams want Goff, maybe. If the Jets want Wentz and believe he is a true franchise QB then you have to go all the way to #2. Mo would certainly be part of the deal and at LEAST next years #1 and maybe more. If he turns out to be great he is worth 5 #1's.

13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Guaranteed first rounder production right off the bat, and he is still young.

14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Really, really wish there was a way to keep Mo long-term without gimping future salary.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Any good team is bound to have at least a few of players that take up a decent portion of the cap with large salaries. After this year they have plenty of cap space to make a long term deal for Mo work. I am pretty sure at this point it is just a large divide between Mo's perceived value and the teams offer.

16. KingRoach

Because we already have 2 rockstar des I can only imagine the our perceived value of Mo is quite low.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

1 other "rockstar" DE is likely going to get another suspension, not sure who the 2nd other "rockstar" DE you mention is. Unless you are saying Mo and Sheldon are the 2?
    I would think Mo, the DE that hasn't had any trouble with the league and is likely asking for less than Richardson will when it is his time, would be the one that has more value and they would want to lock up long term.

18. KingRoach

Maybe I'm a little higher on Williams than you are but I definitely see him as a rockstar.

Let's say Sheldon is suspended for 6 games. You're in essence paying Mo for 6 games. Not a good allocation of resources imo.

That's cute that you think in 2 years the cost of players isn't going to increase.

19. HomeoftheJets

Sheldon is one joint away from a yearlong ban. You trust him to decide that now's the time to get straight as opposed to all the other times he could have reformed?

20. KingRoach

I trust that Mo is one hell of an expensive insurance policy.

Next step isn't a year but in fact 10 games unless I'm mistaken.

Stage 2 lasts a minimum of 1 year and stage 3 lasts a minimum of 2 years. His one year is up in July. I'm not saying that he'll be out of stage 2 in July but he'll be getting close.

#240 KingRoach, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016