QB's In The Draft...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by mezzavo, Apr 2, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I've said it dozens and dozens and dozens of times. Do some research on my responses, I have no interest in doing it for you.

_

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

yea he led the the Ducks to a 28-0 lead, had 197 passing yards and a TD, and then got knocked out with a concussion in the 2nd quarter. In 2008 papa johns bowl Wilson had a similar statline, 186 passing yards and a TD, and got knocked out of the game before halftime also. I wonder if injury concern was one reason he fell to the 3rd. Adams is definitely not built as solid as Wilson tho, the injury concern is valid and he's more of a gunslinger. But I'd definitely nab him as a mid round pick. If he was a Wilson clone he'd probably be going in the first round.

#42 74, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Mariota already had two full years in that system before his last season kicked off. Adams had one week.

4. JStokes

Not debating that. Mariota was a superior player in every aspect of the game. Like I said, I was spoiled.

_

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I really think Adams would be worth a shot in the mid rounds. 10.2 yards per attempt with 65% completion rate in solid.

He needs 20 lbs or so to survive in the NFL. The small hands would be my biggest concern.

blackssmagic likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hackenberg shouldn't be taken any sooner than the 6th round. With that being said, I don't think he'd necessarily be a bad late round pick. He's survived in any draft talk off of the potential of what he should have become after his freshman season, and while he displayed some shit accuracy in college he didn't have much help. If I were a GM I'd look at 7th round picks as house money. Pick someone with skills and potential who could surprise you since just going by your player ratings means that the player will probably not make the roster anyways.

I don't really think he'll pan out though.

TNJet likes this.
  7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I don't think he will make it past the 2nd round

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If a team takes him in the 2nd I think they're absolutely nuts. That's a hell of a high pick to bank on someone who completed 53% of their passes last season, and never even came close to living up to their potential.

JetsNation06 and 74 like this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree, but he has intangibles height, strength, armstrength, smarts, mobility

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i would call rodgers anything but a pocket passer.... consider he leads the NFL in TDs, Yards, and QB rating on throws outside the pocket since he came into the league. not to mention his numbers outside the pocket are all much better outside the pocket, with the exception of sack rate.

i think the difference is you are looking at "mobile" and thinking running qb. i think mobile is something different. its being able to break the pocket and make plays on the run and on the edges of the field. you dont see classic pocket guys like manning or brady doing that stuff. Rodgers makes a living off it. so does russell wilson.

NCJetsfan and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yeah good point.

12. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Great points. John Elway was a mobile quarterback, Kordell Stewart was a running quarterback.

Jets69 likes this.
  13. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Fair point. Guess its just a difference on definition. Maybe it can be explained better by levels of mobility.

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

He is the one QB tha t I like in this draft. Being stationed in Spokane, I watched him play at Eastern Washington University.

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I feel like in Bryce came out this year he'd be the first QB off the board... lets not draft one in the first please

16. jerseyjay14

i think he'd still go in the 3rd to 5th round. he has a long way to go

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

if he does play here... how long you think his "development" would take in your opinion? He's already gonna be 25 going into next season.

legler82 likes this.
  18. jerseyjay14

i though he was 3 or more years away when we drafted him. he is super raw. i though it was a gamble project, im not convinced he will see the field as a jet

legler82 likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that's ridiculous imo! He's a smart kid, knows how to play QB, has a great arm, is athletic, and was a winner. He just has to learn the offense and make his progressions. Unless Fitz comes back and lights things up, Petty will probably be starting by the end of the season if not much earlier.

hwismer likes this.
  20. JStokes

+1

_