Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When talking about picks for Mo, what's better? A 2016 2nd round pick, or a 2017 1st round pick?

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

2017 1st for sure

4. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

If we trade Mo and get up into the top 11, we have to walk away with a franchise QB or LT. They are arguably our biggest needs and potentially our biggest areas of cap savings.

harts24, NoodleArm, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  5. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Are the picks from the same team? I'd rather take a 2016 second from Cleveland than a 2017 first from the Patriots.

Is the team going to suck this next year i.e. The niners?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree. IMO, we don't need any WRs either--give Devin a chance. What the jets REALLY need is help on the OL (old and bad). I would use 2 of first 4 picks on OL

hwismer and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

At #4 i would take who ever is left of these 4, in this order of priority: Tunsil, wentz, goff, Stanley

at #11 id look to take Stanley, Decker, or ragland

i dont like the 11 spot. stanley probably doesnt make it and you can get similar to decker or ragland, or maybe even one of the 2 at #20

KingRoach likes this.
  8. jerseyjay14

if we traded mo for a pick that would free up 15 million

9. jerseyjay14

id vomit in my mouth if we took elliot. even if he fell to us at #20. RB is one of the least valuable positions, and the easiest to fill. we have solid runningbacks as is, and have TONs of major issues. we cant go HB in the first 4-5 rounds, let alone with our first pick

NCJetsfan and Jets69 like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If you have the opportunity to take Goff or Wentz, you do it. How many times have I seen posters complaining about us not having a franchise QB? Then when presented with a way to get a franchise QB posters find reasons not to do it. Hopefully those aren't the same posters.

NYJetsO12, westiedog1 and Walt White like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I basically agree with your order at #4, except I'd put Stanley ahead of Goff.

At #11, of the three you mentioned, I'd only take Stanley. That's way too early for both Decker and Ragland, but you said as much. If the deal with Chicago happens and Stanley isn't there, I'd hope that the Jets can trade down a few spots and take Conklin or Decker. I don't want Ragland at all. IMO he's a younger version of David Harris. While Harris has been a very good run-stuffing LB for us, he's slow, is poor in coverage, and due to his lack of foot speed is unable to make a number of plays that a faster player could make. We all know that the Jets need speed at LB, hence Ragland, even though he's a good prospect, really won't help us that much. Besides, we have Harris, Carter, Henderson and Jones at ILB and have no need for another ILB.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

The only problem with that is that Devin is unlikely to contribute much, if anything, this season. He's recovering from the ACL. At best, he'll be on the 6-week IR, and who knows when he'd be ready to return after that. In addition, he will miss all the offseason and TC workouts and practices, as he pretty much did last season. I think it will be 2017 before he's able to contribute much. Hopefully Amara can earn his name Amaro and prove to be a worthy receiver and Enunwa will step up his game and stop dropping passes. Even so, the Jets may need to take another WR as PR and KOR if nothing else.

13. NCJetsfan

I'd probably projectile vomit on my screen. We're in total agreement regarding Elliot.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

U r aware at this moment the premise of this post was trading Mo Wilk, which would free up 15.7 mil on the cap, which would not only be enough to sign a top 5 pick it would be enough to sign entire draft class and fill some holes.

Pay attention old timer!

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I don't understand this logic

it doesn't matter who sucks or not...the 1st will always be higher than the 2nd bro

#35 jonnyd, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Excellent thought inducing post.............and no right answer. If they wound up with the # 4 pick and took the safe pick - say Myles Jack - Mac would be raked over the coals for not taking a QB with such a high selection and an obvious need. If he takes a QB he'd be questioned in some circles for taking such a huge gamble. Or would he take the #4 pick and trade down a few spots still possibly get Jack or one of the LTs........definitely intriguing...

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Generally current picks are worth more than future picks.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Mo is to be traded, he has to result in 1st/2nd or 3rd. I wouldn't pull the trigger for anything less.

======================================================================

With 1 and [2 or 3], Jets get 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. That should springboard the Jets into the future easily. If that can be done, Jets should draft LT, RT, RG, OLB and ILB in the first 3 rounds. With this, Jets can ask Ferguson to take a pay cut; if he doesn't, he's gone. All in all, Jets clear two of the heaviest pay roll off the roster board, without really compromising the structure of the team. Sure, Jets still don't have that QB of the future, but then QB picks are like crapshoot every year. [Well - Jets HAD a chance to get a real good QB prospect a few years ago. Fuck John Idzik.]

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think the Cowboys deal is far fetched but let's say they get Mo + #20 for #4. If we make that deal they must love Jack/Wentz/Goff. No other way it's for any other players. Tunsil and Ramsey will be gone 100%. So if we resign Fitz it's most likely Jack they are targeting. If we don't sign Fitz we know it has to be one of the QBs.

On the Chicago deal I'm not sold on the idea of giving up Wilkerson to move up 9 spots in the draft?! If Mac made a deal like that I would hope we get another 3rd rounder.. In that scenario they are probably targeting Lynch, Floyd, Stanley or a faller like Bosa/Goff/Hargreeves. With that pick it's hard to gauge what they would be thinking and Fitz has resigned. If he has then most likely thinking Floyd or a potential faller ala Leonard Williams last year. If no Fitz deal they must like Lynch and are trying to move in front of LA.

What is the common denominator with these deals? The Fitz resigning! Looks like the Fitz situation has more wrinkles then we might even know.....

20. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

RB is the last position I'd like to see us take in the 1st or 2nd. I subscribe to the idea that you take the top guy on your board, regardless of position, but would absolutely make an except for RB, this year.