If Mo went to Dallas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Who do you hope the Jets get at #4

1. Myles Jack

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Carson Wentz

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  3. Jared Goff

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Laremy Tunsil

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Jalen Ramsey

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Side note FCS QBs drafted in the first round (e.g., Doug Williams, Steve McNair, Phill Simms, Joe Flacco, Ken O'brien and Chad Pennington) have faired pretty well in the NFL. It's a small sample size but the success rate is much higher than those from the FBS. You have to imagine that you have to be pretty special to get a first round grade when coming from such lower level competition. Note 2 QBs that Jets fans hate less than normal came from the FCS/Div II.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'd hope for 1 and 2 - Wilkerson is one hell of a player after all.

If Dallas forks over 1 and 2, then I'd pick LT/OLB in 1st, and RT/RG or OLB or ILB in 2nd [Probably RT/RG]. If Dallas gives only 1st, then LT/OLB in 1st and RT or RG in 2nd. Once that is done, Ferguson can take either paycut or highway. By this alone, Jets clear up near 30M of the cap space with a view to the future.

Yes. I am willing to roll the dice with Petty, but we'd have to give the kid every protection we can give before throwing him to the wolves. Hell. We even rolled the dice with Geno Smith. Petty can't be this bad - but if he is, so what? It's not even like we didn't do this before.

And if Petty bombs - then Jets are primed to take that stud QB prospect early in the draft next year.

#82 Zach, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not worth the billboards.

Jets went 4-12 in 2005, 10-6 in 2006 and then 4-12 in 2007. The pickup in the 2008 draft was Vernon Gholston. Never again.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Your scenarios are completely unrealistic. If we were to trade Wilkerson to Dallas, the possibilities are getting Dallas's second rounder or maybe swapping first rounders.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

Can you name one QB who came from a system like Baylor's and succeeded in the NFL?

RexontheBeach likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Probably the closest was Aaron Rodgers out of Tedford's Bear Raid at Cal. However he didn't have to play for 3 years and was under no pressure as he learned the WCO.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol like the same EXACT system?

Well the QB that preceded him at Baylor won the Rookie of the Year Award and was a Pro Bowler before he got injured.

Not EXACTLY the same system but a spread offense without taking snaps from under center?

Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr?

The college game is moving almost exclusively to non-NFL type offenses and finding guys that have the skills but not the system are where the next generation of great QBs are going to come from.

The NFL is moving slightly in that direction anyway.

Petty has the superior arm talent, the physical size, the athleticism, the toughness, the leadership to take that next step.

Looking at a stiff immobile inaccurate shitty QB like Cook because he played in a pro style offense as a 21 year old makes little sense to me.

Give me the superior talent leader athlete and teach him the pro game as opposed to a lesser talent with lesser arm talent and no leadership skill that played 20 games in college in a pro offense against eventual Walmart greeters any day.

But that's just me.

_

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Drew Breese was a spread guy coming out and is why he fell to the 2nd round.

RG3 in his rookie year before all the injuries and fueds with coaches.

9. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

That's why you aren't working in the NFL. Goff is the best QB prospect in the last 15 years

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Moving up that high would have to be for Wentz or Goff.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

except hes not

legler82 likes this.
  12. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Apples to apples, Geno Smith was just as productive as Petty in College and they played the same competition at one point with similar styles of offense. Lol

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

If trading Wilkerson was for a swap of 1st round picks, I think that is a steal for the boys. I think that they would need to throw in a mid-round pick (3rd-5th).

If we are moving up in the draft, I would hope that it was for Jared Goff or Myles Jack. An elite QB or edge rusher are corner stones to any team. I would lean towards Goff, but I would trust the front office of they felt strongly about Wentz or Jack.

14. JStokes

Wow. Did you even watch them play in college?

And I was comparing Wentz to Petty, not Geno. Did you even read what I said?

Lol.

_

15. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

I read what you said. You said you were suspect of the competition Wentz faced. Geno smith faced the same competition as Petty and we know how everyone feels about Geno.

Yes, I watched both players in college and remember both Geno and Bryce putting like 70+ points against each other in the same game and then Bryce shitting the bed against wvu's cover 1 all out blitz scheme the very next year. IIRC WVU's defense was bottom 7/8ths that year too.

Lol.

Edit: competition swampetition

Lol.

#95 RexontheBeach, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  16. JStokes

So my comparison of Wentz to Petty was completely lost on you.

And you decided to make a wholly unrelated point.

And decided snarky would get you out of it.

Well done.

Lol.

_

17. Garycs

Garycs Member

I would be willing to swap picks with the Bears. They have plenty of cap space and run a 3-4 defense. Jets get #11, Bears get Mo and # 20. Comes out to about a 2nd round pick.

18. HomeoftheJets

A second round pick is worth more than moving up from 20 to 11. If you're looking at the Jimmy Johnson draft chart, don't. Just because a successful coach devised it doesn't mean it's accurate. It isn't.

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I like this move. But my guess they'll try to make us take a third.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey stokes..... petty sucks donkey balls.