Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kathleen Parker is starting to talk about this maybe being the last election for a long time in America. Talk about GOP Establishment Angst...

We should officially name it: GOPEA. The existential malaise of a political doctrine gone wrong.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its kinda sad watching the circular firing squad that is the Republican presidential race. It's devolved to the level of a school yard shouting match. I'm surprised we haven't heard any "your mama" insults yet. This was the political party that put sooo much faith in character. Sooo much faith in trustworthyness. Now? Its lunatic fringe has come back to haunt them in the form of the front runner and his supporters. Not to say most of them are knuckle draggers, but a lot of them are. So much so that the Trump brand has gone from being associated with class and style to trashy and brash just this side of a Trailer Park in Appalachia. I think the reality is sinking in to a lot of GOP'ers that they're gonna lose this election no matter if Trump is the nominee or not. Its simply the cream of the crap scenario happening now. These guys make Bush 43 look like the consummate polished politician.

When the smoke clears and the election is over, the GOP had better hope they retain the Senate since the house has been gerrymandered so much that there's no point challenging by the Dems. The losers will be those poor souls that live in those districts. The Trump brand just might be the worst thing to ever happen to the GOP.

I think in hindsight, they would have been better off not running all the moderates out of the party. Too late now...

Brook! and Br4d like this.
  3. Br4d

It's easy to target individuals with primary challenges when money is no object. Most of the RINO's who were labeled scorned and driven out were targeted by PAC's in the process. Nobody in the GOP Establishment seems to have asked themselves where this process would end. Now they're staring at the leading contender having no ties at all to the establishment and the party being defined by the richest right wing nut jobs out there.

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Anti-choice
    Anti-gay rights
    Pro-state sponsored murder
    Wants to end Iran deal which is the only thing stopping them from currently having nukes
    Doesn't believe in net neutrality

Too many big problems right there.

Brook! likes this.
  5. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

You are a liberal. no shit you wouldnt like him

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Conservatives constantly lose to liberals cuz they're on their fake ass moral high horse trying to fight fair(ish) while the Dems will lie and cheat and do any shady thing they can get away with. Now liberals are scoffing at the Donald cuz he's brash and talks smack?! they're scared cuz now they're gonna have to go against someone who's willing play dirty.

7. Br4d

Not trying to be disrespectful here but the current political paradigm was established by the GOP in the 80's. Willie Horton and blatant racist appeals and lying about where the money would go from tax cuts and all that.

I can see where if you're mid 20's you might not understand that since you were raised on the Clinton brand of Democratic politics but the 80's were *much* worse. The GOP basically used to take a wedge issue that they planned to do nothing about and they'd use it to splinter voters into easily manipulated groups. Then the 90's came along and the GOP literally spent most of the decade trying to take Bill Clinton down. Then we had 8 years of ongoing disaster during the Bush Presidency and now we've had 7 years of the GOP not willing to deal with Obama at all.

If you don't reflexively understand the part that the GOP has played in the generational failure of the American political system then there's not much I can do to convince you. Look at the bones man, look at the bones.

8. JetsHuskers fan

Liberals are always the victim!!! Poor Obama!!! Poor poor Obama!!! Im proud of the fact that the GOP refuses to come to terms with that Marxist twit. They are protecting America from more of him and his destructive policies that have this country on the brink of another economic recession because of his phony gilded house of cards economy built on minimum wage jobs and not actual careers.

And Obama had a while early on in his regime where he was able to do whatever he wanted to do because he had a Dem Congress, but lets ignore that and make precious Obama the victim some more!!!

How about we remind you liberals how the democrats didnt let George Bush do anything for the last part of his term as well, well guess what what goes around comes around.

9. JetsHuskers fan

POOR OBAMA!! What a victim!! LOL

They passed his precious Obamacare without even reading the fucken thing, but those mean Republicans arent letting him do anything. Boy you guys are something else.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You're gonna go back thirty years to blame the republicans. Lol. your party is led by some of the biggest liars ever.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You must be from Kentucky, or W.Va.

When I lived there, a buddy of mine had some dude roll up to pick up his 14 y.o. Sister.

He said...

Hey man, that's there's my girl. If anybody is going to f@@@ my sister, it's gonna be me.

Later when I met the family,

The father said..lI'd like you to meet my wife and sister.

There was one girl standing there.

#4331 Hobbes3259, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  12. Hobbes3259

Corse He could have been from Nebraska

13. Hobbes3259

Cman..step outside for a moment.

Circular firing squad, republicans?

Where are u on the Clinton oligarchy.
    Trying to elect Hillary! Whle grooming Chelsea?

Take a look at that girls ascendancy.

14. Hobbes3259

you are either willfully dishonest or drinking the kool aid.

Willie Horton?

AYFKM?

Al fucking gore, of the global warming hysteria and the 10000 foot SoCal mansion and private jet unleashed that tar baby.

I am not in my mid fucking 20's I am 52.

Clinton, took himself down. Lets start with being the progenitor of the housing crisis.

Amd as for splintering into easily manipulated groups, the GOP? Really.

The fucking democrats have kept blacks on the plantation, and sold women into abortion servitude, with the great white male plutocrat as the enemy.

You spout the most puerile kind of leftist tripe, and...fwiw..I don't get it, bc I see a really well honed mind there.

Kool aid is my only answer.

Though maybe the answer is in your post.

Reflexively.

Maybe that is how you respond.

Rather than thoughtfully.

No offense intended. I always enjoy seeing tue other side.

(P.S. The look at the bones quote, was fucking money....he's got big fangs...)

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

16. Hobbes3259

Scared
    fucking shitless. As is the GOPe for being revealed as gutless turds.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Conservatives lose because liberals fight dirty and they are defenseless to respond in kind?

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The GOP needs to stop being so stubborn on abortion and drug laws. Those two issues alone alienate a huge portion of the electorate.

It's hypocritical for them to claim they're for personal liberty and be on the wrong side of those two issues.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Sounds like tromp painted himself into a corner last night.

prediction (based on last night) -

Republican candidate will be chosen at Republican Convention (won't be tromp)

Hillary will win the Presidential election.

USA military, and USA global influence will continue to shrink.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Why are there so many more Republican debates than Democratic debates? The debates are not doing the party any favors. At this point it seems less is worth a lot more. The media is loving this.