Jets Are Looking at McCown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SouthBayJetsfan4life, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean whether you want McCown Fitzpatrick, RG3, Petty, or Testaverde to be the Jets starting quarterback next season you have to appreciate the position Maccagnan has put Fitzpatrick in.

Sure go and see if other teams are willing to give you $15 million. We'll sign the same player 4 years older than you for a quarter of the price if that's how you want to do it. Also bringing in RG3, floating rumors out there about Kaepernick as a possible trade. It's nice to see a GM that doesn't panic and cater to the players number right away.

I think Fitzpatrick is the best player for this team, but are he and McCown that much different? Not really..Fitz had the best season of his career with a top 4 wide receiver tandem in the NFL. McCown did too when he was playing with Marshall and Jeffery in Trestman's wide open shotgun offense.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As good as McCown was in Chicago, it was only for 8 games. He only started double digit games in TB, where he was horrible, and back in 2004 with AZ. Unlike Fitz, he hasn't really been a starter.

Kris 15 likes this.
  3. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Page 16 of this thread lol.....There hasn't been one real report that we are remotley intrested other then just putting more pressure on Fitzpatrick (See RG3 Thread).The draft can't get here soon enough

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're such a grouch who does nothing but complain. There's not much else to discuss. Go crawl back into your hole until you have something legitimate to bitch about.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't find the prospects of Josh Mcown to the Jets talk worthy or exciting.Mostly because it isn't happening and never will

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last QB the great physical attributes that Jones possesses that panned out after not getting drafted in the first round. History tells me that once you get outside of the first round it's the QBs with the great intangibles (i.e., intelligence, character, work ethic, leadership…etc.) and not great measurables that tend have the better chance of succeeding in the NFL. If guys like Brady, Dalton, Wilson, Brees, Cousins to some extent had the physical gifts of Jones, they would have probably been picked in the first round. For that reason, Brissett and Prescott are much more appealing to me in the later rounds despite than Jones despite not being as talented.