Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Is this NYJunc alter ego??? These are the types of posts he was making before the perma-ban.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hell yeah!

Do you know a good cryptographer that can give me a hand with that?

deathstar, FJF and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This is what I love most about the president - and I'm serious when I say this: in the mind of Barack Obama, the solution to most, if not all, of society's (and the world's) ills is MORE Barack Obama. This is why, whenever he's been asked his thoughts on why polls show the public hating on this policy or that, he explains that it's because his people weren't good enough getting their message out. As if this naif weren't constantly out there bellowing at the top of his lungs, making snide comments left and right and adding more Barack Obama wherever Barack Obama ain't. Dude might just be the least self aware person on the planet, outside of. . .well. . . one of my good friends right here in this thread. President Obama just doesn't get that one of the big reasons why there's such a thing as a Trump or a Sanders is because people have had it up to HERE with more Barack Obama.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. Sundayjack

Oh good lord, no. Say "Bat Boy" three times and SHE will appear to turn the world upside down. Like Beetlejuice, only fuh realz.

I have real-live work to do, C. That's a full-time job, that is.

[​IMG]

#4244 Sundayjack, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Cman68 likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Says the man who worked on Mitt Romney's campaign.

You know why there are Trump voters? Because too many GOP voters in 2012 looked at themselves and realized they were in the 47% he was pissing all over in his campaign. Who were actually part of the 98.3%, BTW.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So I noticed on the alert feature that you quoted me, and I said to myself, how come this poster with nearly two thousand posts has never posted an interesting post before?

Then I see that you don't know the meaning of the term alter ego, as in ALTER. But that doesn't pass for interesting. Sorry, best I can do.

7. Big Blocker

I was not a supporter of Obama until McCain made some ridiculous comments in 08 about the then cratering economy, and then took Palin as his VP candidate, so he led me to support Obama. I thought Obama was naïve, and inexperienced. He was not going to get McConnel and Boehner to hang out and sing Kumbaya. But he hired some smart people like Larry Summers. Tim Geithner maybe I was not such a fan of, and even Larry at the time imo should have pushed for a bigger stimulus package. But... they got us through the financial crisis, and Obama earned a lot of goodwill from me for that.

Of course by guiding the country through the financial crisis and then pivoting to pass the ACA he made no points with right wingers, who kept predicting those policies would lead to disasters that never seemed to happen. Forcing people to face their cognitive dissonance is not the quickest way to make friends. Add in the GOP is the home to any white racist who cares to join, and you have some of the key makings of the Obama Derangement Syndrome.

But the other key ingredient is where Obama is more personally problematic. In a word he is cool. But that word itself has more than one meaning. Cool like Miles Davis or Jeff Bridges. But also cool as in reserved, less emotional, certainly not a hot head.

How does that play out when one is the president of the United States? I guess it's something of a mixed bag, although I tend to be more generous than you. As Brad has noted one ill consequence is that Obama has not shown much inclination to campaign on behalf of Democratic candidates in tough reelection fights. He hasn't done well keeping together the coalition of voters, especially younger voters, who helped elect him in the off years of 10 and 14. One could argue from that despite his many accomplishments that he has been bad for the party.

And going back to Obama Derangement Syndrome, I think his cool has played into that. On a visceral level he does not look to be sharing the pain of all those lower class white voters, you know people who hate him because he's not "one of them", not that I am surprised he seems a bit put off by his haters. I guess I probably would not act much different.

Anyway Trump and Sanders have some things in common to be sure. But white racists are not one of them. Most Trump voters may not be the smartest people in the world, but they know their candidate is not running against Obama. He's running against the GOP establishment and their decades old bullshit that tax cuts for the wealthy couple with cuts in Social Security will lead to the promised land. And Sanders voters think Obama was too easy on Wall Street.

I think your mocking perspective even harms your political analysis.

8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Sorry my post wasn't interesting enough for you to respond. Oh wait..... I would also argue that you don't know the meaning of alter ego, as your posts are nothing like junc, until your incredibly self-absorbed post above, hence the discover that you were in fact an alter ego.

And just so this post has some relevance to the thread, as a registered republican, I look forward to voting for Trump in the primary and then voting third party in the general election as I have no interest in Clinton or Trump running the country. I do have a great interest in Trump changing the direction of the Republicans as they don't really stand for much anymore other than being "anti-democrat"

9. abyzmul

What a bag of wind.

BeastBeach likes this.
  10. Sundayjack

Oh my. The Big B-man and Br4d bOi - kicking off the day all defensive of the Presideezy of the United Steezy.

You both make great arguments. For whatever it is you're trying to argue. I guess. But the point for present purposes is, in Barack Obama's world, all of the policy was spot-on, it's just the messaging was off. You can focus on the front part of that on your own time, but what I posted about is what I LOVE about Barack Obama. And, specifically, his consistent capacity to blame policy failures on messaging. The implication being: if only he had said something more and something different, ignoring entirely the plain and simple fact that it was him out there on the stump every single day, day after day, speech after speech, and people just weren't buying what he was selling. It's his most wonderful blindspot.

As if I were the first and only person to suggest this.

NY Jets68 and abyzmul like this.
  11. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

No. You are just a bitch. All you do is whine.

BeastBeach likes this.
  12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

New National poll - NBC/Survey Monkey: 3/29/16 TRUMP 48% Cruz 27% Kacich 18%

Scott Walker endorses Cruz today.

13. Sundayjack

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It's part of the Big Balker Spring Redemption Tour.

14. abyzmul

What I love about that clip is that he is basically telling the truth about the extent of his powers. The presidential puppet, aka the most powerful pitchman in the world.

He also tells the truth about how much of a failure he has been in that capacity. Fucker couldn't sell a ShamWow to a compulsive HSN groupie.

Presideezy of the United Steezy, you can't bottle that kind of awesome.

15. Sundayjack

Heh. ShamWow! Such a payoff on that when I remember back to when Vince the ShamWow huckster was arrested for beating up a hooker when she bit off his tongue. Kids these days. They've missed out on some good times....

Edit: I'ma just put this here for safe keeping.

ShamWow Guy Beats Up Cannibal Hooker

Edit#2: The comments under that article are just fantastic!

#4255 Sundayjack, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  16. abyzmul

Yuh gonna LOVE MY NUTS!

Still a top ten TV moment for me.

Poeman and Sundayjack like this.
  17. Big Blocker

As usual you either misunderstand the point or misrepresent it. What I posted in critiquing him was in terms of his own behavior. That hardly is the sum total of factors which go into what makes up his opposition.

You have yet to identify a single policy failure here. By failure I mean an approach that led to a result worse than an alternative available at the time, and here critically one offered by the GOP, would have led to a different and better result.

Given the divide in the country, and GOP opposition to ANYTHING offered by the Democrats, to blame the size of the groups opposed to him solely on him is quite simply ridiculous. There was a ready made group taking that position from day one of his presidency.

WHen I criticize him, I am talking about things he could have done different. but anything he would have done different would still have left a huge number of right wingers opposed to him.

A huge percentage of the GOP simply does not believe that any Democrat is or can be legitimate. This has gone back I would say as far back as Carter who in their view only won because Nixon was impeached and resigned, Ford had not even been elected VP, and the GOP had a very divisive convention in 76.

The whole birther thing, the majority of GOP voters who believe Obama is a muslim, the expectation that a weak candidate like Romney was going to win, all show that sort of thing.

18. Sundayjack

The point was mine, big guy. You were quoting my post and responding. Well, you were doing something. Sort of went off on your own tangent, which is fine, but when responding to my point, you need to stick to my point. I know you have a whole bundle of special thoughts and dreams just buzzing inside you, but you need to stick to the discussion before us, or otherwise go sit in the corner quietly and color until recess.

You, you, you - always about you.

abyzmul and BeastBeach like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

and here I thought my wife was the only person like that.

20. Big Blocker

I did respond to your attack, and all you have is ad hominem and condescension.

You were talking about the problems people have with Obama. As if all the issues are of his own making. A little honesty here from you might help a great deal. But if instead you want to stick with your mocking uncle pose instead, I am fine with declaring victory and moving on.

Which is what I am doing.