Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This Fitz thing is just becoming annoying......Only on the Jets do they have such a hard time figuring out what to pay the QB

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

They don't value him like most fans seem to do. If they really considered him their guy like that, they would've paid him already.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And how many make a direct impact within their first two years? By the time those players can contribute the window will be closed. Don't be a wiseass. You're blind if you don't think the jets have a 2 year window with what is on the roster right now. Giving the keys to geNOOOOO or Bryce petty is an absolute mistake.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Good teams don't squander opportunities, they don't choke against average opponents, twice.

You assume Jets were a top team last year and so to you losing twice to Bills and barely winning against garbage like Giants is just accidental chocking, shit-happens one time things. You look at it as "Jets are a top team, therefore losses against Bills are accidents". A more logical way would be: "Jets lost to Bills, therefore Jets are not a top team."

JetBlue likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They were just as good as any of the teams in the AFC last year who made the playoffs.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I myself don't think most fans value Fitz all that much. I rather have him start over Geno but not at that dollar value. The FO is not going to bid against itself for Fitz, no other team will pay him that much and if they did, let him go. JMO

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well atleast they aint raping everybody

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TNJet likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Theres no way he deserves that much. He can have a contract similar to RG3. Thats it.

88.0 passer rating- 24th
    59.6 comp - 29th
    6.9 ypa - 27th
    31 td - 10th (26 of which were caught by 2 players)
    15 int - 5th most

Of the 53 qbs that have throw at least 1000 passes since 2005 Fitz has the 8th highest int percentage. Thats higher that even Cutler's and Romo's. Fuck its higher than Joey Harrington.

Hes only completed 20 percent of his passes 20 yards or more.

He had 30 passes that could have been intercepted but only 15 were.

He's not a good qb and deserves back up money because that's what he is.

#1888 zace, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

That's just your opinion, unsubstantiated IMO - aka Wishful thinking.
    And you were not talking about making PO, we were talking about Lombardi trophy. True contenders for the top price don't lose critical games, kind of by definition.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fitz may be a below average starter, but he hasn't played like a backup.

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Except everything i just stated says he has. You cant even begin to argue that hes been better than a back up. Theres a reason qb needy teams moved on from him. He didnt even play well most of last season. He had two very good recievers who bailed him out a lot.

If hes not a starter than hows he not a back up? Hes just not good.

#1891 zace, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its true, they really were and the stats back it up. Our weak link? The QB. Even the crappy oline preformed well for most the season. Defense was the 3rd best on 3rd down and top ranked. All these things lead to a very good team by last years standards.

Maybe some dont want to see it, but its a fact backed up.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm saying that if he's their starting quarterback then, you don't let your guy hit the open market you lock him up before free agency begins. And who cares what or how others value your guy, he's valuable to you and your team so you pay him based on what he could do for you in the future. They elected to let him hit the market, the dollar value doesn't matter when you have your guy, so if he was that important he'd be signed by now regardless of money.

14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

True that. He's a stop gap until we find a real our real quality QB.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Aside from the fact that you cherry picked the stats that make Fitz look bad, a backup forced to start generally does worse than he did. Think more like the numbers Geno was putting up when he started. And before you say Geno's bad numbers were due to a lack of talent, Fitz had a similar lack of talent in Buffalo. And while like Geno, he had a losing record,
    unlike Geno, his numbers weren't horrible.

16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

No they were not. If they were "just as good", they would have been in the playoffs.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lmao its funny, you cant admit why the eye and stats say. So where are his good stats? So the fact that he only won 2 games in which the jets trailed at any point all (by any amount) doesnt matter either? Thats a pretty damning stat in itself because thats mostly indicative of the qb.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-o...-fitzpatrick-is-not-the-jets-quarterback-cure

So hes a good qb? Oh wait hes a bad starter. Isnt that kinda the definition of what makes a back up? His stats and eyeball test failure tell the tale. Youre the only one trying to refute solid facts.

No that bills team fitz was on was good. If you really wanna go with talent, when Geno at least had Decker, his stats were much better than when Geno didnt have him. Check it out yourself, but i actually wasnt going with the Geno argument. However, Fitzpatrick doesnt give this team ANYTHING Geno doesnt.

Like i said before, McCown got a payday playing with Brandon Marshall.

abyzmul likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This isn't a good argument imo. Each division plays a different schedule and teams with better records than a division winner miss the playoffs a lot of times. It happened this year in both conferences.

Fun fact: if the jets had swept the bills instead of vice versa, they would have been the #1 seed in the afc last year.

obviously we didn't but that's the difference between missing playoffs and home field throughout with a bye. damn.

#1898 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    TNJet likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre 100 percent right. Thats a terrible argument. The jets were a very good team last season and the stats support that.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You have to admit that the problem is on Fitzpatrick's side though, right?

Trying to break the bank when everybody else has said no is kind of silly given that he choked in the biggest game of the year last year and the Jets missed the playoffs.

I'm thinking it is 50/50 he just retires at this point. Being the QB of the Jets is obviously not one of his great desires at the moment.

This BTW is where the huge flaw in the Jets signing of Revis last year shines through. They wanted him more than he wanted them and so they paid too much for him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.