Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

I'm not voting for him. I don't vote for liberals. I'm not a sellout hack like you

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Primaries, are for principle.

General elections are for Pragmatism.

Not voting against Hillary!, is the same as voting for her.

That makes you the sell out, and worse...not willing to understand the simple fact.
    You, are the hack.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Cruz didn't put out the ad, an anti-trump super pac did. Regardless, this type of childish shit is not how the leader of the free world should be acting. Idiocracy wasn't intended to be a documentary.

No class.

Cman68, mute and Royal Tee like this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You're trying to educate a college student in Nebraska.

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

#4125 deathstar, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

First off, my post was in response to this and this alone:
    which was singularly addressed by others as well ("low blow" ... "Trump's a clown").

You want to bring tit-for-tat party partisanship into it by insisting on 'equal time' for Hillary, fine, do it on your own dime.

Again, this was about that particular tweet, period.

Thanks for the heads up - I didn't find out until this morning that Trump's wife was tagged first. That said, Trump's got to know that being the media lighting rod that he is, his retaliating will end up the being "the story" while Cruz gets to play the gallant victim coming to the defense of his wife. It's kinda like in in hockey when player 'A' gets away with a slash while player 'B' gets 2:00 minutes for retaliating.

Further, Cruz gets to pass off any responsibiliy or involvment for the Melina pix by saying that it *wasn't put out by his campaign* but instead by some 3rd-party PAC group. Now while it's all orchestrated horseshit, the point is they're now using "Trump's media" against him to further erode his GOP female numbers.

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Those super pacs and campaigns coordinate. I don't believe for a second they don't...

Here in Florida robot Rubio ran $0 dollars worth of ads while his super pacs flooded our state with $25 million plus of ads. Wonder how that happened...

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Husker, if your want to beat Trump over the head for being a liberal in your opinion that's your perogative.

But the (repeated) 'NYC' reference swipes are not going to win you any friends here. And btw, Illinois is the true "Land of Lincoln," not Nebraska.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

if the robo super pac publicly stated they were going to run 25 million in ads they wouldn't need to communicate for that to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if super pacs do secretly coordinate with campaigns but it's definitely not legal. all it would take is one disgruntled person to spill the beans.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You could probably do an analysis of the campaign spending in various areas and match it up with the Super PAC's spending and come up with a fairly non-controversial estimate of how much the two were coordinating their efforts. The math would show a high correlation or a low correlation or no correlation.

I'm with you on the wink-wink aspect of such coordination. Corruption is the norm in a high money environment with only loose controls and no actual oversight involved. We should have kept the money out of politics as much as we could. It's easier to catch two people passing a brown bag under the table than to try to control the billions being spent on campaigns since Citizen's United (which was about a completely different aspect of Campaign Finance before the Conservatives on the Court ran amuck.)

11. Dierking

And yet for all the pissing and moaning we do, myself certainly included, about how all this money is ruining democracy, Cruz and Jeb, the biggest beneficiaries of super PAC money, are getting dusted. So what's the big deal about campaign finance reform again? Voters don't listen to the ads the super PAC's buy. Not much anyway, it seems.

I think the bigger problem is how much of that grey money sloshing around ends up in congressman's bank accounts.

Hobbes3259 and Br4d like this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cruz isn't getting dusted, he's getting force of natured. He just happens to occupy a similar slot to Trump in this electoral season and Trump has gotten literally billions of dollars worth of free advertising over the course of the campaign at this point. Trump's Super Pac is everybody in the news business, who have collectively over-exposed him for a year now without accomplishing any of the things they wanted to do other than attract lots of viewers.

13. Dierking

Maybe. I'm still not seeing how campaign funds necessarily translates into getting elected. Bernie is giving Hillary a strong race, and he's not nearly as well funded as she is, for example.

Campaign Finance reform may just divert all that money straight into congressmen's pockets without any oversight at all. Unintended consequences and all.

14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I was only pointing out that "low blows" are nothing new to his game. I read the second paragraph of your original statement and your entire second statement as you thinking this was something new.

15. KingRoach

I don't think he meant campaign funds in the sense of money but in the sense of free publicity. I thinks that's what he meant bc that's exactly what he said.

16. KingRoach

17. Dierking

I don't think you read his original post about Citizen's United and campaign finance reform. Try to keep up.

18. KingRoach

Haha. I went back and read earlier posts and saw my error. I tried to delete it but it apparently posted twice. Thanks for calling me out.

19. Dierking

No worries boss, enjoy your weekend.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Gary Johnson is currently polling at 11% vs Clinton and Trump

So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Hobbes3259 likes this.