Jets Are Looking at McCown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SouthBayJetsfan4life, Mar 23, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you buddy but the Patriots had 23 ranked OL in 2014. I think it ended up being a decent year for them. But you're right the Patriots had 1 more sack in 2014 than the Jets did in 2015.

You say yourself that you don't really know that much about other teams. It's like you've have a wife who you think is plain looking at best. Problem is you've never seen another woman and are unaware that you're in fact married Claudia Schiffer.

#61 KingRoach, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Whatever. I guess you've never heard of Tom Brady. SMH:rolleyes:o_O

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Almost rather talk to Cincy about a trade for McCarron...

#63 macbk, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Going to?

#64 Walt White, Mar 23, 2016
  5. KingRoach

O
    OMFG this whole convo between us started bc you claimed that even with a top qb we're not SB contenders...... I think you're just fing with me at this point. Here's a reminder though just in case.

legler82 and Brook! like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I don't need you to quote what I said. I'm very aware of what I said and I stand by it. Tom Brady is a HOF QB and even with him the Pats couldn't overcome their lousy OL to be really serious contenders. Brick and Giacomini were the worst OT tandem in the NFL. Both were ranked in the bottom 5-10 OTs in the NFL. Winters wasn't much better. Unless or until that situation is corrected, this team isn't going to win squat. Book on it!

This is my last post on the matter! Let it go.

7. KingRoach

You say that even with a top qb the jets wouldn't be contenders for the sb bc of our ol and pass rushing
    I show you statistics that the 2014 Patriots had a worse OL and the same (1 more) amount of sacks than the 2015 Jets
    The Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2014

Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. KingRoach

Even if I was talking about the 2015 Patriots (which I made clear over and over that I was talking about their 2014 Super Bowl winning season) the Broncos barely held on to win in the AFC Championship game. If a team losing the AFC championship game in the last minutes is not a serious contender in your eyes, I'm beginning to understand you just a little better.

9. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Maybe. Maybe not.

But one thing is for sure and that is he would put up better stats than McCown would.

10. NCJetsfan

I totally understand you...you're an effing jerk as well as a dumbass. I'm done with you. Have a nice life.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The threat of Josh McCown taking over your starting job so you can go be the backup for the Jaguars sure will drive a man's price down.

McCown was great with stud wide receivers w/ the Bears which included Marshall. I mean I'm not pushing for the guy, but I'd rather see him start than Geno if we're in the business of winning games.

12. KingRoach

Aww are you breaking up with me? I'm sorry I called you out when you were talking out of your ass.... again. I respect a man that stands by his statements even after they've been shown to be unequivocally wrong. It was pretty ballsy to say that the Patriots weren't serious contenders the year they won the Super Bowl.

Brook! likes this.
  13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Just looking at the Browns QB derby last year, Manziel was clearly the best QB they had on the field. If I am going to make a move for a Browns QB I would rather roll the dice on Johnny Football as a free agent with high upside than give up anything of value to trade for McNown.

IDFjet likes this.
  14. KingRoach

OP can you move this post to the drunk tank please? James Hasty has had a few too many tonight.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also, Denver's line wasn't much better than ours, and Seattle's was horrible.

16. KingRoach

I never can understand when people talk out of there ass and then double down when it turns out their wrong.

Homeofthejets I seriously hope that geno gets the starting job next year bc I really want to buy some discounted season tix from a board member that has no faith.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Let's just say that McNown has yet to impress me.

18. june19

june19 Active Member

Jets never learn. Sad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Is this an indication that the negotiations with Fitz aren't going well, or the faith they have in Geno starting?

Or are they just exploring all options?

To me, it looks like they think Geno can start, and they want a backup body. Unless they think Geno can't start, and they think McCown is a better option. Kinda scary either way.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

To quote Al Bundy " shoot me now ",,,,,,,all we can hope for is that this is a smokescreen to put pressure on Fitz to sign