Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Next 30 days: Wisconsin on April 5 and New York on April 19.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's in it just to make it go to convention and wants that VP spot real Bad

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if he wants that VP spot really bad it seems like he would be more inclined to get out of the way for Donald Trump to win and lobby for his selection as VP. Heck, Trump would be damn close to having this thing wrapped up if he took Ohio and Kasich could've allowed that to happen if he wanted the VP spot.

just seems like "in it to make it go to convention" and "wanting the VP spot" are contradictory endeavors unless he knows Trump wouldn't choose him as his VP.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I just read that Kasich actually finished behind Rubio in Arizona. lol

deathstar likes this.
  6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Finishing 4th in a 3 man race...

The media should just ignore him at this point...He is a troll.

JetsVilma28, dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Is this the royal we you are referring to? Otherwise I don't know what allies you might be referring to. Who else are you authorized to speak for?

9. Big Blocker

Again taking out your pointless name calling aimed at me, like I give a shit what you in your frustration cares to call me, the point is very clear.

You again and again call progressive posters here, anyone to the right of Ted Cruz NAIVE, CHILDISH, YOU NAME IT, for daring to suggest the GOP is a dysfunctional incoherent mess these days, as many long time and highly visible members of that party themselves admit and are distraught about, under a fake, cynical "everyone sucks!" pose. But as you acknowledge in the bolded part above you are not some even handed observer who equally hates both sides.

It kills you when I point this out, which is the whole reason you are pissed off at me.

Now before you go there OF COURSE the Dems are not above criticisms, and have problems of their own. But is it at a level that is equivalent?

No.

Are the Dems in the pocket of a billionaire donor class who has effectively written their platform? Yes you want to say in the light of Dodd Frank, opposition to Citizens' United? Passage of the ACA? Support for entitlements?

You in your cynical pose want to pretend that the Dems are equally corrupt. But you take this position not on the merits, instead wheeling out your tired "They all suck!" cynicism, when your real starting point is that you are on the right.

That strikes me as misleading fakery. You know why I say that, and this upsets you very much. Oh well...

As far as I am concerned your feints in response that you are hurting my feelings, names you call me, assuming I am a youngster and all that, are a waste of cyber space.

As is your complaints that I post anything here for the benefit of anyone but yourself. Ha. As if this is not a public forum for the benefit of anyone who cares to read it.

So feel free to keep up your fakery. But now and again I will call you on it. Faker.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaaaa didn't read your bloviating, you thin-skinned narcissistic internet blowhard.

Just for the record.

_

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

trying to be funny...

[​IMG]

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  13. Big Blocker

In this post you referred to an answer I had to JB's post about policy goals in general, where he said they are bs and meaningless.

My specific coment about Trump was about having a policy framework, meaning an overall political philosophy. I said there, at post 3855 that

"No, not being able to figure out to any extent what kind of policy framework Trump would use if elected IS troubling, and here I am sure Ted Cruz would agree with me. This is more about logic and critical thinking than about right or left.

"The problem with Trump is he makes shit up as he goes along, and has no analytical framework for his policies. It's all "Trust me to make America great" and belligerence and anger. There's no predictive aspect to his statements."

So posting a wish list from his website does not address my point.

Just ask Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz - their point is that what Trump says has very little coherence or rigor. It is a grab bag of the policy goals you quoted. I certainly did not say Trump has no such list on his website. Your response is off the point.

14. Big Blocker

To be clear there is something to this anti-establishment observation. But some overrate its magnitude.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

16. Big Blocker

Funny after I posted that response, I see you went on for another nine posts making your bs snarky comments about me, thin skinned this, blowhard that, gay alliance..

And then you say you don't care what I say about you.

The Lonesome Faker should be your handle. It fits.

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

America has Muslim cities at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dearborn,_Michigan#Arab_Americans

As for the neighborhoods, a 10-15 minute drive would put me in one right now... Bay Ridge (in Brooklyn, NY) is full of Muslims.

#4057 Petrozza, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    NY Jets68 likes this.
  18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Please make it stop--you are hurting me so badly with your taunts!

You thin-skinned narcissistic internet blowhard.

_

19. Big Blocker

Geez, I must not be trying hard enough. Anyone can be a thin skinned narcissistic internet blowhard.

But there's only one Lonesome Faker.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Lots of Muslims doesn't mean a Muslim neighborhood. Astoria has lots of Greeks but it is not a Greek nor a Greek Orthodox neighborhood.

The Muslim neighborhoods in Europe that are causing so much trouble tend to be about 90% North African and Middle Eastern immigrants clustered into a neighborhood with crappy stores, few employment opportunities and a growing radicalization that has been going on for thirty years now.

I used to go to the Bay Ridge Diner about once a month in the 90's. Haven't been in the neighborhood in years now but the Wiki says it is Arab, Polish, Russian and Chinese in terms of new arrivals with substantial aging Irish, Italian and Greek enclaves with people who are retirement age and not moving. They're in their last home now.

If you see a Chador that doesn't mean you are in a Muslim neighborhood. Even if you see a cluster of them in a park as their kids play in the playground it doesn't mean the neighborhood is Muslim. It just means that Muslims live there too.

Dearborn, along with the Detroit outer limits have large Muslim populations, much higher than anywhere in NYC. That's not a huge Muslim immigration, that's normal immigration with everybody else leaving over the decades because the economy went to hell for them.

If you've lived in Beirut or on the West Bank or in the ruins of Syria today Detroit looks like a paradise compared to that. Your kids can actually go out with a reasonable chance they return alive at the end of the day instead of being kidnapped as a sex slave or finding themselves in the middle of a group of (insert different sect here) and killed for that reason.