Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think the Rams announced today that Case Keenum is their starting QB.

_

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

So Fitzpatrick tucks his tail and takes 7 million after requesting 15-18 million? Possible but I doubt it. The 9ers could have interest if they trade Kaepernick and the Rams could be in the mix.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Right, they did. That's why I'm saying they aren't gonna spend on Fitz when they have Foles as the backup already on a not great deal.

4. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

5. JStokes

6. JStokes

I agree. They aren't signing Fitz.

We're kind of his last option.

_

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 13 minutes ago

Bowles said Jets have a Fitzpatrick deadline. Wouldn't divulge when it is, but said
    "we're not close to that." #nyj

8. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer
    [​IMG]
    Jets coach Todd Bowles said Brandon Marshall's lobbying efforts to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick won't have any impact on the team's decision. "My son wants certain things, too, that his dad says no to," he said, laughing. "It really doesn't matter. I love Brandon to death and he's a good player ... but he doesn't make any decisions about this team."

@RichCimini 1h1 hour ago
    Bowles said Geno "matured a lot last year," adding "he's one of the options if Fitz doesn't sign back." Said there are a couple of options.

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Idk ... i feel like RG3 getting signed to anyone would give Fitz more leverage.. B/c who else could we turn to outside of the guys we already have? We never had interest in Kaep, are we going to be one of the clown doodle teams that signs a McCown? You only sign a McCown when you want to tank for the next good rookie QB. We're not in position to be picking up a tank-type QB.

Not only that there's Denver out there and you gotta be crazy to think they are done in the QB market, nobody settles for Sanchez lmao. If im Fitz i know I'm just waiting for Denver to call. somebody is going to have to get him.. He knows his $$ demands will help him reach that middle ground... thats the money he really is after.. Fitz is a smart fucker... we thought we were winning this negotiating war... we kinda were.. but i think Fitz has re-gained the leverage. If Denver wasn't around we could wait til week 1 for all i care to get a deal done... but they need a QB and have the more appetizing team to snatch him away. just my thougthts. Somebody is gonna end up upping that offer, us or Denver. Denver can afford to do so if all else fails.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Broncos HC Kubiak said anyone they bring in will compete to be starter. They wont bring anyone in and just pencil them in. So if Fitz signs with Denver he will competing with Sanchez and likely someone else. So I doubt they bring him in for starters money. Fitz' best option is to sign here.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This whole Fitz thing is playing out to be disastrous for both sides.

If Denver grabs Kaep by April 1st its one less place for RF to go. However to compete with Sanchez they may give Fitz his money?

Please Mac don't blow this, although bankrupting the team with guaranteed money is also ridiculous.

One of the two, Fitz or Mac is going to outsmart themselves imo

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its sad were clamoring for a qb that couldnt even get us into the playoffs when we controlled our own destiny.

His numbers inflate is production. There were plenty of stretches that he completely disappeared and when youre the qb thats a problem. It wasnt until late season that we even won a game in which we trailed at any point. Like i said before, if he walks im cool with it. He won us just as many as he lost.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RexontheBeach likes this.
  13. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Fitz is a sub par qb...the odds of him having the same type of season as last is slim Mac is playing this 100 percent the right way

zace likes this.
  14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he really has no choice. he can take 7 from us or try and find a job elsewhere. jets hold all the cards. he needs us much more then we need him

15. jerseyjay14

there are plenty of options. we can trade for hoyer, we can sign rg3, we can turn to geno. we can sign matt moore.

as far as "clown doodle team that signs mccown" thats what we were last year when we signed fitzpatrick. fitz isnt some long time proven solid commodity. we have tons of good offensive weapons around the QB spot. it wont take a great player to replace fitz... not to mention fitz is a very short term solution anyhow.

makes no sense to pay fitz more then 5-7 million. he simply isnt good enough and isnt a long term option. we arent contenders with him, werent a playoff team with him last year, probably not one with him this year

16. JStokes

Moore signed a 2 year deal with Miami.

_

17. jerseyjay14

fitz signing with denver would be a good thing. it would protect us against ourselves. we could then move on to options that make sense money wise and long term wise

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jerseyjay14

his numbers werent even very good outside of touchdown passes. he was bottom half of the league in qb rating, yards per attempt, yards per game, interceptions...

i dont get anyone who is worried about losing him or upset we arent meeting him halfway contract wise

zace likes this.
  19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Fitz, RG3 or Geno would get my vote. & i agree fitz isn't our long term option but truthfully we don't even have a long-term window so if the shoe Fitz.... wear it. (see what i did there?)

Sad thing is Fitz despite a great season (by jets QB standards) He still didn't get us over the hump and if I had to guess he will regress next year when we go into that brutal schedule... so there's no reason to really up our offer.. it's just like damn though... going to yet ANOTHER season with uncertainty at the QB spot.

20. jerseyjay14

to me fitz isnt certainty. as you mentioned a career year for him didnt get us to the playoffs. and there is no guarantee he matches that career year. he is a journeyman borderline backup/low level starter who was surrounded by talent and a familiar system.

he is replaceable and he isnt a long term awnser. so you dont pay him pro bowl long term money