Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm in the camp of not many in this world should be trusted, that I should do everything in my power to become as self reliant as possible, the government is not my daddy, should only do what is absolutely necessary and should otherwise fuck off.

when I hear BS talking about making government more and more yuge, thus creating more and more dependency on government and taking more of the money I've earned to make it happen, it makes my fucking head explode. I actually just shit my pants while writing that.

#3981 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    74 likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

There's like six parties. I mean a viable one that has a chance to win (no offense to mr. Johnson)

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He was a two term Gov, after all.

If people were able to eschew the two party construct as easily as they whine about it...

5. Hobbes3259

lol....

6. KingRoach

No third party candidate (in the last 100 years) has had the name recognition to inspire people to vote for them. No one wants to throw their vote away. Trump could change that. I don't know how the gold party would grow from there but the first step is the hardest. Johnson is pro legalizing drugs and hookers. I wish more politicians would take that position.

TNJet likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Teddy Roosevelt couldn't get elected as a third party candidate after being a very popular President at one point nobody can.

The only person in America that I believe could get elected as a third party candidate at this point is Anna Nicole Smith and she's dead.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Trump could win the election if he lit up a joint at a rally in Colorado. Have a great big smoke-in and watch all the working class joes join in.

I've been thinking about the dynamics of the general election and one thing that has popped up over and over again is that Hillary is an establishment candidate in an anti-establishment year. If she was running against a normal anti-establishment candidate, somebody like H. Ross Perot, she'd be in major trouble in a general election.

The thing that balances this year is that both the GOP anti-establishment candidates have very high negatives among various groups. Trump has pissed almost everybody except for white males off and he has high negatives among female, African-American, Hispanic, Muslim and Jewish voters. Cruz is just so Conservative that he faces the same wall that very conservative candidates have faced forever in American politics, just like very liberal ones.

I think it could be a very hairy and divisive election with a lot of violence in the streets. That will give Hillary a much better shot at winning because most Americans abhor a lack of civility that is on open display.

#3988 Br4d, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

As will most of us.

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

ding ding ding! We have a winner!

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

All the free shit is great until the bill arrives. I paid off my student loans, can't say I'm super stoked about paying for someone elses.

lol - as if reducing the size of government would be a bad thing.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This X a trillion. Furthermore, paying for someone else to get a degree in your field not only 1) waters down your degree 2) puts more people in your field who can then go and take your job

How any college graduate can be in support of this guy baffles me.

TNJet likes this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Right. That's what Republicans are know for -- trying to keep the citizens on the government payroll and gave the government provide every social need as the people see fit. because reducing government dependency is certainly the way to increase the dependency on the government. You should actually think through your posts rather than just thinking they sound witty.

Do you even understand that your literal analogy makes no sense? Did I misuse "deliberately" or are you disputing my belief and therefore I used it correctly? You addressed both yet have no idea you can't do both. One disputes the other and yet you brought it back up again as if you were being witty and substantial because you didn't even think through what it meant to argue both.

15. Hobbes3259

Johnson is the most authentic Libertarian on the market, moreso than Rand Paul.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude you are a retard when it comes to predicting political outcomes. You go all Viking every time you think something is going to happen and then end up looking like a fool.

Just give up, man.

17. KingRoach

In giving you the benefit of the doubt but you seem to be a complete... Obviously you're not what people would call "stable" but I digress.

I'll type slowly so maybe you can understand my last post. Rich and powerful people throughout history (all of it) try and keep the working class dependent on them.

I made no correlation between the rich and powerful and the Republican Party.

If you want to believe that the 1000+ democrats in office all sit around and think of ways to screw over the poor that's your perogative.

It makes me a little concerned that you have such delusional paranoia. Please seek professional help if you ever feel the urge to hurt someone or yourself.

#3997 KingRoach, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Faker.

Ftr, for everyone else, Stokes is a right winger posing as a cynic about everyone.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You being a thin-skinned narcissistic internet blowhard was entertaining for a while but it got boring pretty quick.

You crested boring a while ago.

Lol right-winger hahahaaaa.

_