Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That maybe true but he would have a better chance at winning a SB with Denver then the Jets next season.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Get outa here. Pro athletes never put their contract ahead of the team.

Falco21 likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Only the selfish guys like Me-hammad Wilkerson

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Please. Thats such a bullshit argument. Not to mention Denver is losing people left and right considering they have no money left

5. Geno007

Really? They haven't lost the main core of that defense. As for Brock who knows how good he really is? 7 games don't say anything.

6. Falco21

Peyton Manning retired.
    Brock Osweiler signed with Houston.
    Malik Jackson signed with Jacksonville.
    Danny Trevathan signed with Chicago.
    CJ Anderson signed with Miami. (Denver can't match)

They are going through hell right now. Nothing leads me to believe they are Super Bowl bound again

7. Geno007

That all true but they still right now have a better team then the Jets.

8. Falco21

Irrelevant.

A player joins a team for money. That was made clear in this league years ago. Hence why Fitz has not signed anywhere. Hence why Ivory left to Jacksonville.

9. Geno007

I don't disagree about players and money. But there are players who take less to try and win a SB.

10. Falco21

And putting Fitzpatrick in that group is complete ignorance considering the circumstances occurring at the moment lol

Again, irrelevant in this situation

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You are missing the point. If you can be convinced that Fitz will sign somewhere else, anywhere else, for any reason at all, and you can be convinced that RG3 isn't the right fit for the Jets or that he's the right fit for any team other than the Jets, then you can be convinced that Geno is the right man for the job.

Even though he sucked absolute moose cock for 2 years, and since everyone knows that you don't know anything about football because you need to see him suck moose cock for 3 years before you can make a fair assessment that he, in fact, sucks moose cock, therefore let's hand him the job.

This is called Genobot logic. I was a tad more literate in explaining it to you, but there it is.

_

12. Geno007

Who to say his agent didn't tell him Brock was leaving Denver? They do have the same agent. It funny to me that nobody has even ask Fitz for a visit but he still staying at his asking price.

13. JStokes

What funny to me it be some peoples camt spo two from throw Fitz ang whynt at least one lat time now.

_

14. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I heard this on Francesa show. It sounds insane, but could he roll the dice. If he doesn't get the $ he thinks he deserves, and do something crazy like wait until some teams QB gets hurt, and desperately comes running to him?

15. Falco21

Fitz is a free agent right now. As far as we know, the Rams, Broncos, Jets, and Browns were in the running for him. The Rams pulled out because of money. The Browns pulled out because of money. Denver does not agree with what he's asking and the Jets haven't signed him because of money.

What's the common denominator in all of this? Lol

Why is it so hard to understand that he's looking for money. He's not looking to take less to win. If he were, according to your opinion, he'd have signed with a better team than us and a team that just came off a super bowl, Denver.

16. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Wtf does this say

angryjetsfan likes this.
  17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Impossible. Ryan Fitzpatrick would never get a starting job by virtue of a starter getting hurt.

Except for the 6 times it's already happened to him. It'd be funny if he made this his career M.O.

18. JStokes

Sometimes when I make a cogent and well articulated point some posters cannot process it.

So sometimes I like to make my points in terms the lesser literate of us can understand.

It wasn't meant for you.

_

NYJets17 and Falco21 like this.
  19. Geno007

I get it he maybe looking to go to the highest bidder. What you can't seem to see I'm looking at both ends. I believe if the Jets and Broncos offer the same amount he would sign with Denver. I just wish Mac would tell Fitz take it or leave it. Then if he left it move on. He wasting to much time on this. Imo

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The fact that the Broncos think he's demanding too much speaks volumes. Clearly he's not the future but he's an upgrade over Osweiler in the short term. This bodes well for him returning to the Jets. I hope they don't low ball him too much, but the Jets clearly need a stop gap for the next year at least, possibly 2. Once Fitz' agent comes back down to earth with understanding his market value, the Jets and them can meet in the middle somewhere.