Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Muslim registry? He never proposed that. There was a video where a reporter asked him if he wanted to have a database for Muslims. Trump started blabbing his usual stuff about the wall, etc. The reporter asked again and Trump said "yeah" and kept on blabbing. He was clearly talking about the wall, illegal immigration, etc. but then CNN edited the video, so right after the first question Trump said "yeah." Then all MSM grabbed it and ran with it. You can find both versions of that video if you do some search on youtube.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trumps-proposed-muslim-registry-unites-hollywood-jews-muslims/

It wasn't a one-time thing. He's said it several times at this point. He's walked it back and then said it again. He's talked about enhanced security to watch Muslims in vague terms.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-implement-registry-muslims/story?id=35321441

He's said it in a gaggle of reporters. He 's said it to Yahoo News. He's said it to NBC News (all separate occasions).

This is on his mind. You have to listen to what people are saying when they say things like this on the campaign trail. It's not that the ideas are offensive, because they are, it's that every time he says it he's widening the space of acceptability in his own mind for the concept. Then he becomes President and he's capable of authorizing hidden findings that set things up (like Iran-Contra, like Black Van Renditions) and he has historical precedent to look at also with the Japanese internments in WWII and the Mexican-American deportations in the 20's and things can easily get out of hand.

Believe me, the common man in Germany in 1931 thought Adolf Hitler was a great leader who could get things done. They saw him as effective. He used that to become a monster. All he did was make the things he'd said earlier into a reality. He had permission from himself to do that because he'd said them and then he'd gained power and the means to make them real.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi Br4d

I appreciate the time and effort you put in your post but I really thought my trolling was obvious. My apologies :)

NY Jets68 likes this.
  4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Ah, he was one of those "peaceful" Bernie supporters.

Trump Attacker
    In Dayton Identified As 32yo Thomas Dimassimo, Posted Ominous Tweet Hours Before Rally, Supports Bernie & BLM.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=54342

Petrozza likes this.
  5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone dumps a bucket of water over his head.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

7. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

So your first link states "reportedly", and a the first "related story" link in that story states they are not sure which Muslims Trump is referring to. So being too lazy to dig deeper, I fail to see anything that would require Brook or his son to register.

I'm not being snarky. Whether I agree with your opinions or not, I've considered your posts to be well thought out and informed. Thanks in advance.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

In all seriousness this is getting ugly fast. The secret service covered him as if they were expecting something more serious heading his way.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Your statement weeks ago that you are not comparing Trump to Hitler is starting to stretch the bounds of credulity, even by your standards.

_

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No I don't believe you.
    In 1932, Hitler lost the Presidential election to Hindenburg. By 8 million votes.

Hitler did not seize power until after being appointed chancellor, through political manuevering.

74 and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Looks like an upstanding citizen. You know when I look at all these "protesters", they remind me of trolls from other teams who show up here from time to time. They get their 15-minutes of fame, they get kicked out, one hour later no one remembers them. The ones who come here are just morons who have nothing better to do. As far as those who disrupt rallies held on a private property, they are either a). morons or b). doing their job (someone's paying them). They claimed a win yesterday when Trump's rally got canceled but what did they really achieve? Trump was on every news channel all evening because of what they did.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

That's definitely what happened.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ok that's definitely what happened. The aliens part. No doubt they were ancient.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

professional protestor. hates America. probably paid by soros.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The cynical part of me almost thinks Trump's somehow orchestrating all this chaos at his events to get sympathy and create even more buzz.

I really don't want to get to the Hitler comparison for two reasons - A) Trump would only be a president (heaven forbid even that), not a dictator. As hideous as Congress can be I would hope there would be SOME checks and balances to his nutballery, and B) Germany was in a bad way when Hitler took over and that's part of the reason he was able to take advantage. The only people who think America's in a bad way are deluded Republicans who think Muslim Obama is the worst thing to ever happen in the history of the world and Obamacare the most excreble act in the history of presidents.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  19. mute

mute Well-Known Member