Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't understand what the Republican Establishment thinks the Republican base will be if they engineer a defeat of Trump at the convention after he gets 48% of the delegates coming in and nobody else gets more than 35% or so. I just don't understand what their master plan is for maintaining the GOP as a viable institution after that.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Notice how trump kept referencing all the new voters he was bringing in? Basically saying hey if you throw me away, you're throwing them away. Smart move by him imo looking forward to the inevitable brokered convention. At bare minimum imo the establishment will demand to choose his vp if trump gets less than 50%. Now I'm not saying that higher powers would assassinate a sitting president (again) I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I believe there's a chance that Trump might not be the worst president of my generation cough gwb. The reason I think this is simple. The man has a HUGE ego. There's no doubt that he wants to be known as the best president ever. As much as I question his business acumen I never doubt his salesmanship and his ability to "work the system". If he does want to be the goat president I have no doubt that he will be open to suggestions from both sides way more than the two Hispanic candidates.

He's a salesman and my hope is the establishments fear: that he is inflating his right wing beliefs to win the primary and he will swing to the middle to get elected and to be an effective leader.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There is a very strong likelihood that JFK was accidentally killed by one of the Secret Service agents guarding him during an actual assassination attempt that failed. It's quite possible that Oswald was a lone gunman and that the only agent who hadn't been out drinking until the wee hours the night before the motorcade accidentally let a round loose from his assault rifle as he was raising it and bringing it around to bear on the direction the shots were fired from.

That would explain why the Secret Service went into coverup mode immediately after the assassination. They weren't covering up for a huge conspiracy, they were covering up for a drunken spree where the President paid with his life.

Jackie O turns around in her seat and starts shouting at the car in the motorcade behind the President. She never talked about what she shouted but witnesses say she said "he killed my husband."

The Secret Service reversed their policy of having an assault rifle in the followup vehicle immediately after the event. Kennedy's brain, supposedly holding explosive fragments from an assault rifle round, went missing during the autopsy. The agent involved was just months on the job at the time and his sole contribution in evidence was a tersely scrawled statement about the assassination.

Neither he nor any of the agents in the car behind Kennedy's were called to testify before the Warren Commission. None of the witnesses in cars behind the Presidents vehicle were called to testify. Most of them had testified to local authorities that they smelled gunpowder immediately after the shots. Several of them had testified that the Secret Service returned fire, although this was not recorded in any of the official reports.

You don't smell gunpowder if the shots all came from 5 stories up and 500 feet behind you. You smell gunpowder if at least one shot came from a vehicle riding in front of you and then you ride through the same space.

#3464 Br4d, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Again, there is no rule that says the nomination goes to the candidate who got the largest plurality. Sure there will be adverse consequences, likely including a lack of support for the eventual nominee by supporters of the one with the most votes. But I don't understand why you don't understand that the GOP has people who think that might be a better result than running Trump.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So he accidentally shot JFK twice.

Or he coincidentally shot Kennedy less than 5 seconds after Oswald shot him.

Or aliens directed the assault weapon to fire on it's own.

_

7. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Yes, but sadly it may be too little too late.

The Republicans have great ideas (other than Trump of course); any one of the others: Rubio, Cruz, or Kasich would be light years ahead of the 2 train wrecks on the Democratic side! But sadly, the GOP candidates took the bait early, fielding those ridiculous questions from the mods designed to cause the fighting and name-calling that ensued, making them all look bad,...we all know the media is liberal after all, except for Fox News but nobody pays attention to them. So the liberal media successfully baited the Republicans into a ridiculous, childish pissing match, making the whole party seem like a bunch of clowns. This happened for the first 5 or 6 debates, or however many it was. So most of the country 1) could not hear the great ideas of the non-Trump GOPs, 2) got sick of the Jerry Springer antics after awhile, and then 3) when the mods finally conducted an actual debate focused on the issues last night, I wonder how many were still watching? And for a moldy rotten cherry on top, they even tried to fake out the viewer by claiming it would start at 8:30 when it really began at 9:00. smh

#3467 Truth4U2, Mar 11, 2016
  8. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The future of this country does not look too bright.

[​IMG]

These are college students protesting outside of Trump's rally in Chicago today

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its getting ugly in Chicago... Not a real good idea to sucker punch anybody tonite. Especially if you're an 80 something bigot. Huge numbers outside the venue where Trump is having his rally. The original Mayor Daley would be foaming at the mouth..

10. Cman68

It did appear that Trump was a bit out of his element without the insults. Actually having to provide details and get called out on things he's said didn't sit well. I have a feeling that the RNC gave them all an ultimatum: Knock it off or else. Overall, it was much more informative and pleasurable to watch than the WWE events of debates past.

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

They cancelled the rally due to safety issues.

Great idea.

12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, I just saw a fat black dude (BLM?) punching some white college kid in the face on live tv....

14. Cman68

Well, I suppose that makes the sucker punch legit then. Today was way beyond BLM. This was everyone on the progressive side coming together to protest Herr Trump. Since the Police and the SS won't protect the protesters, there's safety in numbers as Herr Trump's rally was cancelled due to security concerns. The numbers had reached into the thousands and CPD would have had their hands full. Was it back in 1968 the last time something like this happened?

I'm still trying to understand why the Police dragged their feet in arresting the sucker puncher and actually dragged the victim to the ground first. Good thing every smartphone has a video camera these days or the victim would have been arrested for taking a punch. Then again, there's really no mystery is it. Thank goodness that protester decided it was safer to get punched in the face by an old man than retaliate. He probably would have been beaten to within an inch of his life by "security".

This is only the beginning.. Just wait until Herr Trump gets elected. All hell will break loose and Amerika the police state will be born.

#3474 Cman68, Mar 11, 2016
    mute likes this.
  15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

It goes both ways but of course it's more convenient to just see one side of the story.

16. Cman68

One side has video.. I'm amazed the SS or CPD hasn't arrested the black guy yet. I guess they're gonna give him the same 24hrs they gave the old white guy.

Not to worry.. Once the 4th Reich is firmly in place, we won't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore..

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I am sure what I just saw will be on YouTube as well.
    As for this protest, I wonder who's paying :) I understand there are many people who hate Trump but it would require an organized effort to gather so many of them in the same place. So, who's paying the organizers?
    In any case, this is just the flavor of this week - Trump ignites violence, his supporters are violent, etc. Last week we had the KKK. Where are they today? Any KKK news? They are exactly where they have been for the last decade of so - irrelevant and almost extinct. Yet last week the KKK was all over the news. Trump won more primaries, so obviously the KKK thing failed to yield any results. Forget the KKK, bring on violence at Trump's rallies. Hopefully, no one is going to get killed on either side.
    Anyone want to guess what the flavor of next week will be?

18. Cman68

I guess the next time there's a brawl in the Taiwanese Congress, we shouldn't laugh. Our politics have gone into the gutter as well. So much for the moral high ground we used to occupy. Those days are over. You're looking at the future of the Not-so United States of Amerika. I salute Herr Trump for this reason.. He released the genie from the corked bottle. Now we better pray the country can survive this. You have to wonder what Abe Lincoln would have thought of this.

19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Obama started the process way way before Trump was even in the picture.

74 likes this.
  20. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Peacful protest until those "upstanding" citizens of inner city Chicago showed up.

Now its a riot.

This should be the documentary on why America is garbage right now.