Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have to be at least thinking about Kaepernick. Run Chan's Spread, force defenses into man to man and let Kaepernick run when everybody's back is turned. Worked well with Fitzpatrick last year and Kaepernick actually has the arm to make the deep routes more than a decoy.

2. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

Holy fuck I just read on Twitter that us, the Broncos, and Browns are all trying to get kaepernick!

Who or what could we send for him?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the thing about Kaepernick is that he's doesn't have a horrible deal if you trade for him. $11 million for 1 year. We aren't going to be able to get Fitzpatrick for that. Also, Chip Kelly has been known to fuck himself with trades, they could get creative and trade for Kaepernick and get something else nice out of the deal. who knows.

also- as Br4d states, I think Kaepernick would fit nicely in Gailey's system

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Br4d

Mo, with the 49ers picking up some of Kaepernick's salary for us this year and giving us some needed cap space to fill a hole here and there?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. angryjetsfan

Jets only offered Fitzpatrick 6-7 million lol

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hopefully nothing..... it's a fake out to get Fitz back to the negotiating table. I wouldn't trade much for Kap and I'm sure SF want a first.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

7. angryjetsfan

I think that could do it, 49ers need elite play on their D and someone to build around, Mo could be that.
    Would throw a 4th round pick or geno in there to convince them fully

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nooooo way. If we're giving up Mo we better be getting back a whole lot more than a bad QB and some salary help.

Freddy Mondo and FJF like this.
  9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol
    Hope it's the Broncos and Fitz comes back.

Does the fact that Mac is playing hardball with Fitz mean that he's high on Petty?

If we land Kaep I would think not then. Interesting stuff.

10. angryjetsfan

Okay, so legitimate reporters are reporting this also, so you think the jets would do this to get a guy they only offered 6-7 mil to sign? Ok then

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

But...does he have Fitz' ability to read Ds? Does he have Fitz' ability to make quick, good decisions? Does he even have Fitz' accuracy (not that it's great, either).

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

you might lose wilkerson/harrison/fergeson if fitz IS under center

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I love what the Jets are doing with Fitz, he's being offered basically what he was to them last year. He's trying to do with the Jets what he did with Buffalo, get a starter salary for coming in an overacheiving for one season.

Let him twist in the wind for a while and lift up some more rocks so his agents sweat and cave. And if he does somehow trick some team into giving him too much, let him go. He's not the future, only an answer for one year as a starter in a season we'll probably miss the playoffs in anyway.

14. Br4d

We can't keep Mo. Not unless we're going to give him the full $15M+ a year. Next year he's going to be a UFA with the Jets just getting a 3rd round pick back in return. We know how this works out at this point. Getting Kaepernick back instead of the 3rd would be a chance at fixing something that has been wrong with the Jets for half a generation now. We'd be dealing from a deep strength of the team (3-4 DE) and into a position where we have no solidity at all moving forward.

15. angryjetsfan

There are reports everywhere that fitz wants 18 mil, and the jets initially offered him 6-7 and have stuck by it, Mac is not going to go overboard for fitz

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

It is time to make a serious push for Kap... Dude could ignite this offense for the next 4-5 years... Lets go get this dude.

angryjetsfan likes this.
  17. jerseyjay14

thats what he is worth, i was thinking 5-7 million. if he wants more i dont think twice about letting him walk

angryjetsfan likes this.
  18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Mo for Kaepernick and the 49ers high 2nd? Probably equates to the 2nd and 4th most people want for Mo.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. jerseyjay14

I'd be ok witha kaepernik trade. still young, has some skill and some upside. could benefit from the weapons we have here, and is on short money (1 year 11 million).

it would all depend on the compesation. if they dont need a first, i probably bite

20. Br4d

Chan ran a 2 read offense last year that only looked at one side of the field. Fitzpatrick read that side and then either threw it away or took off with the ball. Kaepernick can do that.

NCJetsfan and angryjetsfan like this.