Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We definitely dont need to overpay for fitz. He lost us just as many games as he won

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hornblower and angryjetsfan like this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Like Fitz but the money is ridiculous, $13-15 mil for him is a joke, journeyman who had 1 decent year

hornblower likes this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't stand this guys retarded voice inflection. Makes me want to punch a baby or three - doesn't even matter what he's saying. Fucking guy could be telling me he's giving me a billion dollars, a mansion and 7 bikini models and I'd want to kick him right in the prick for talking like such an asshole.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Really, most of the time Schein's just spewing bullshit, and hoping it sticks somewhere anyway.

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I see no reason to even consider playing fitzpatrick.

he had a monster career year last season, we played a creampuff schedule, and we still didnt make the playoffs. thats not a knock on fitz, just kind of a reality check that maybe he wont be the guy to get us to the superbowl and at his age probably isnt our qb of the future.

low ball him, if he doesnt take it, move on to the next guy. in either scenario we would still need a qb of the future

hornblower and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. jerseyjay14

and if we pay fitz, we still dont have a qb of the future and still arent even a playoff lock.

8. jerseyjay14

taylor ham FTW!

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bryce Petty is still an unknown. He may be he may not be. Also we may draft a QB this year. At least Fitz is a competent QB of the present, Geno isn't even competent.

10. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Pathetic that everyone is shitting themselves over possibly losing Ryan Fuckin Fitzpatrick..........The guy has been all around the league, if he wants to hold out for mega money...who cares? Let him go.

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

When a journeyman QB sets the franchise record with only 31 TD's its more of an indictment of the franchise and its history with the position than it is a monster season for the QB. He's a placeholder that is all. You don't overpay placeholders. The Cousins and Bradford contracts have forced Mac's hand to likely use a pick this year to draft another QB. Money is tight this year and he knows they aren't competing for the division and likely not even a wild card but they'll be competitive. Patch needs now, cut dead wood or restructure (D'Brick), trade Mo, draft well and this time next year they'll be much younger with a lot of $$ to spend. It's not about this year for Mac, I'm sure he's already thinking about next off-season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. forevercursed

Fitz gave us the best Qb performance we've seen in a long time. Geno Smith would be next man up and he's as dumb as a rock. Amazing how unappreciative some of you guys are regarding solid Qb play especially after watching two lazy special ed qb's in Geno and Sanchez

Fitz took us to 10-6. Most years that's playoffs.

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm all for having him back at 9 mil a year MAX people forget how fast he shit the bed last time he got paid up north

14. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Or the fact he just isn't that good. Last year was a mirage

15. forevercursed

He was good the year before. Though he got hurt.

Fitzpatrick is a bit of a late bloomer at the NFL level. But the guy works hard, isn't an idiot like Geno, and is constantly improving.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am coming around to the thinking that Fitz may be gone, but again I think the relevant consideration is not how much he and his agent think he's worth. It's who else is going to sign him?

Again, unless Denver doesn't sign Osweiler, I think Fitz will be back in NY.

17. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him.back but I wouldn't pay him a ton of money to get him back

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

And just like all the non-raging posters have already said. No reason to extremely overpay for Fitzpatrick when no one else wants him.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The Rams are also in play for Fitz, if they sign him by some chance maybe we can get a crack at Foles for a year or 2. Underperformed, but so has every other QB on the Rams not named Warner, or Bulger.

20. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I agree. I see two markets for Fitz. (1) A placeholder while a younger QB develops (Cleveland, Rams). Why spend a ton on a placeholder? (2) A team who is just one competent QB away from making a strong run. Right now, it's only the Jets. If Denver enters the picture, Fitz could conceivably fill both needs for the Broncos as well.

Fans (and certainly his agent) want to point to the market "being set" by other teams signing younger QB's to big money, but other than the possibility of Denver, I don't see any market pressure to blow the bank on Fitz at the moment.