Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

J stoked is exposing himself because he's scared to quote me, must be a real bitch.

2. angryjetsfan

Per Adam schef fitz is hitting free agency good thing Mac is smarter than the children who post on this board

Looks like it's geno time after all

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Call me crazy... but I'd cut him. I don't necessarily love doing that when your star WR is pushing 32 and your fading star CB is pushing 31. For a guy who didn't perform all that well, he's eating up a ton of precious cap space.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it depends on how they restructure the deal. Its hard to make a generalization like that because each contract is different.

but generally your second statement tends to be right, however thats still a sacrifice because players know they will be cut before the back end of the deal kicks in. And with a player like Ferguson, who's restructured twice already, there isn't really a whole lot of wiggle room anymore, so it will especially be a sacrifice

5. angryjetsfan

Stokes and the punk with the fitz Avi are in tears crying as their world comes crashing down, as I type this, fitz Avi guy is ripping his vintage "fitztragic" poster of the wall, it is a sad time, as that fitztragic poster has all 16 of the teams fitztragic played for on it, and fitz avi guy was even so happy that he wrote a meaningless franchise record on the poster when he first got it.

Now, on to the rest of the story, fitz avi guy tore the poster to shreds as he learned fitztragic won't be resigning with the jets, J bitchboy stoked ran into fitz avi guys house in tears, crying out "this can't really be happening! Fitzpatrick has to resign with the jets! He broke a franchise record"(forgetting that the jets didn't even make the playoffs because fitztragic choked) fitz Avi guy ran over to hug him and they have been rubbing each other for the last 30 minutes trying to cope, that fitztragics time as a NY jet, is over.

God bless them, God bless Fitztragic.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't want to overpay Fitzpatrick but, yeah, we need someone to play QB and Geno is not the answer and Petty is not ready. So, yeah, this could get rough.

7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

simmer down champ ...it's the internet...no one cares that much what you or anyone else thinks

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol

Plan B is NOT Geeno, nonetheless, Angrypretendtobeajets fan....sorry bro

9. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Geno trolls popping up after 10 months of hiding.

Maybe get it through your skulls that even if Fitz doesnt come back , Geno still has a better chance of being another teams 3rd stringer next season than he has of being the starter here.

Petty throwing with his left hand has a better shot at starting than Geno does.

Big Blocker likes this.
  10. angryjetsfan

Maybe I should of included those butt buddies in my non fiction story too,
    Seems like I will have to update the version since new editions are popping up

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Exploring all options.. Smart move by Mac. Can't just give a guy like Fitz 18 million... Don't see us in any real danger of losing him.. Let Denver overpay for Brock, Houston/SF take RGIII, and whatever else happen then let Fitz come back when he wants less money.

101GangGreen101 and angryjetsfan like this.
  12. angryjetsfan

Irishwhip must be fitztragics cousin

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What the Jets can do here is convert his base salary to a bonus, essentially lowering his cap hit. You are essentially restructuring, but you aren't adding more years to his contract.

14. 101GangGreen101

So apparently, Brock and Fitz have the same agents. I think that agent is playing with straight fire and WILL get burned because the Broncos reportedly have no issues moving on and going with RG3 and wait for it .... DAK PRESCOTT. Elway wants those 2 QBs.

We ain't paying Fitz top dollar either.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Reality with hit for Fitz when he realizes no one will splurge on him.

I think he'll be back and starting Week 1 for us.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Wait...what? Yikes for Elway if that's true

17. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

And we have no reason to! There's no way Chip Kelly is going to take him in SF, I highly doubt he's going to back to Houston after they dumped him just last year, Brock would be crazy to leave Denver with those weapons, the Rams don't seem to be interested, the Browns would be wise to take him and draft one but Fitz went to Harvard.. he should no better than to go there, and no one else needs a QB. Board needs to relax around here.

18. 101GangGreen101

Both fit Kubiak's system very well. Here are some articles if you are interested

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/...amored-with-quarterback-prospect-dak-prescott

http://www.todayspigskin.com/afc-today/denver-broncos/report-claims-broncos-high-qb-dak-prescott/

The Dak Prescott - Elway connection has been rumored for sometime now. Prescott is a project w/ great physical talents like Tebow, but I think he's far more ahead as a passer at this stage. He's got massive potential.

RG3 rumors have been out there as well.

19. elgoman

elgoman Active Member

Fitz wasnt resigned today. He was released and is just another free agent. How does that make you feel? I told you guys in here: he sucks. Mac is a former scout; he knows Fitz sucks.

20. 101GangGreen101

I can see the Browns offering him a contract as they allow potential draftee Carson Wentz to sit back and develop. However, the Browns have 0 weapons and Fitz would have to learn a new system. If he wants to go to the Browns, and the Browns overpay for his services, then peace Fitz!

But I would think Fitz is smarter then that and wouldn't want to go to Cleveland, so he'll come back to the Jets on a cheaper price.