Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Domo Arigato Marco Rubioto wins the night, meaning he is most likely to sway Cruz voters his way after Tuesday. Kasich places second trying to solidify his position as running mate to Trump. Cruz could have done better with the debate in his home state but he pulled a Gore.

Dr. Carson, you are the weakest link. Good bye.

Cman68 and Hobbes3259 like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Trump kicked their asses tonight I gotta say. Especially Cruz. He kicked his ass. Rubio to less of a degree but still him too though. I gotta say Trump is pretty wacko but damn if he doesn't make the rest of em look like shit up there

deathstar, Cman68 and Hobbes3259 like this.
  3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Of thses guys campaigned as tough against Democrats as they did Trump...there would be no Trump campaign.

And they still don 't get it.

Go back over any Conservative message board during a GE or political fight, and you'll see conservatives going apeshit, because they are all afraid of the fact that the NYT will praise Dingy Harry as being tough for being an asshole, and kill Mitch McConnell for being an asshole if he talks tough.

Trump doesn't give a fuck.

Hence, Rubio may be counting too much on getting all of Cruz' voters...a majority to be sure, but he will just keep finishing second.

What's more is he knows it, his campaign is already trying to work for a Brokered convention.

4. Hobbes3259

Rubio is not going to be very happy when Trumps campaign actually gives him the article.

In 1980 Trump hired a subcontractor to demolish the bldg on the site where Trump tower now stands.He was deposed in 1990.

The union, whose employees worked for the subcontractor sued trump, asking for 1 mil (where Rubio got that number) Slate says the courts awarded them 348k, but the case was settled, (again Eubio confusing civil and criminal cases) it was an award, not a fine, and the terms of the actual settlement weren't released...

The next time Rubio trots that out, Trump should be able to take MarkyMarkos lunch.

Here's an article from 1990.

So, you have a 31 year old guy, building the biggest project of his life, a routine testifier for the FBI, as the one pointing the finger, a union lawsuit, against a subcontractor with no pockets, going after the GC for the Subs hiring.

Now, in the real world...we all know that especially back in the 1980s companies like that had people that worked off the books.....

But Rubio got some of tje facts, none of the context, and claiming Trump hired them, is...an absolute falsehood, which if you go back to this article, and another from the Times in 4/1994,
    You can see the media today also overlooking the subcontractor.

#2544 Hobbes3259, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why is it okay to attack Hobbes if you are a mod?

joe, NotSatoshiNakamoto and Brook! like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nice! :)

7. Cman68

Now about that lack of quality candidates I keep harping on.......

8. Cman68

deathstar likes this.
  9. Hobbes3259

The Gerald R Ford is coming online. 1st in the new class to replace the Nimitz classs.

But the next two, including the Enterprise, was kind of my point...that in and of itself os a very expensive proposition. Going one step further along the rebuilding the military lines, is the Active Component draw down in manpower, which has resulted in recent years of reservists being called in for Active duty.

The 2014 budget justification by the Undersecretary of Defense indicated that they forced out almost 10% of the USMC Active component, and thats the country's primary expeditionary force.

#2549 Hobbes3259, Feb 26, 2016
  10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

In fact I am quite ambivalent about the Times. I certainly do not always agree with them. And when I don't, you can really see how they can bring their slant into news articles. But right wingers too often dump on the Times for other reasons, condemning them and their stories across the board because you guys are too often fact averse.

I thought it was amusing how your first reaction was to dump on the Times. It says more about you than them.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would expect there will be repercussions.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Thought the same thing too - would've killed two birds with one fist. Overall that was a WWE free-for-all mess.

Poor Wolf Blitzer looked like he had a 180-pound mastiff on a leash dragging him down the street.

On which side of the Rio Grande would that portion of the border wall sit, or would the Donald negotiate that as well?

#2552 joe, Feb 26, 2016
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I never dump on the Times. I reacted to the Times employee inappropriately joking about assassinating a presidential candidate in a tweet. It had nothing to do with any preconceived notions I have about them. I really had none.

The Times should fire him immediately if they don't want the heat. They are essentially standing by his tweet by still employing him at this point.

I couldn't care less about what they write one way or the other.

The fact that you're more concerned with what "right wingers" say about the times than the asshole joking about assassinating presidential candidates says a lot about you, btw.

phubbadaman likes this.
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

1) "Believe me
    2) "I Know"
    3) "We will win back, and win, win!
    4) Make America Great Again
    5) "Losing war to Mexico at the border, and China at the trade"

6) "DIFFERENT PLANS"
    Anything to add there Donald?

"ADD WHAT? Nothing to add? it will be DIFFERENT PLANS"

:D:D:Do_O

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Republican nomination odds update:

Candidate02/2602/2402/22
    Trump5/181/32/3
    Rubio5/22/15/4
    Cruz35/150/120/1
    Kasich40/160/150/1
    Carson1000/1750/1750/1
    Trump is up, Rubio is down, Cruz is up, Kasich is up and almost on the same level with Cruz now.

17. deathstar

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

RUBIO going ALL OUT REX BLITZ on CNNs live coverage of him in Texas

- Called Trump a Con Artist
    -Says Trump never went to school
    -Read out loud tweets of Trump where Trump spelled words wrong everywhere
    -Rubio mocking Trump for his education
    -Calling out Trump for being behind Planned Parenthood
    -Literally poking at fun the whole time

This is hilarious.

CNN JUST SAID TRUMP HAS A PRESS CONFERENCE COMING TO MAKE A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT. @Petrozza / @deathstar you guys may wanna tune in to see this!

deathstar likes this.
  19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Yeah Rubiobot is going all out. He has nothing to lose at this point.

deathstar likes this.
  20. deathstar

Good lord, this is what the unhinged Robot has come to...

Never went to school/Rubio mocking Trump for his education???... Trump graduated from Wharton in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics...Good enough to take over his father's business.

Planned Parenthood...Trump has said that their women's health stuff is good, but the abortion is not...Sounds like a reasonable position instead of the Robot just bashing PP when they help tons of women out.

Misspellings on twitter...Unhinged.