Republican Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Take it down and watch how quickly it's attacked. This is as hypocritical as politicians who are protected by armies of men carrying guns telling us we shouldn't have guns to protect our own families.

BeastBeach likes this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lay off the Pope.

Anyways, Trump had to respond

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-response-to-the-pope

- February 18, 2016 -
    Donald J. Trump Response to the Pope
    If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened. ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians.

The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The Pope only heard one side of the story - he didn’t see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesn’t see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation.

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful.
    I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant.

So Trump is going to fight for Christianity too...................... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

It seems like he might think he already has the GOP nomination in the bag, so he's already going after the independent and democratic votes with all his 9/11, anti GW Bush statements.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's a total red herring though. You're talking about one of the most targeted individuals on earth and a relic wall that helps (somewhat) to secure him. Would the modern Papacy have built a wall that size for that purpose? Sure, similar to the one around the White House, Buckingham Palace, etc. It probably would have just enclosed the spaces the Pope and his retainers lived and worked in. This is kind of standard for highly symbolic figures who are subject to potential assassination attempts.

The fact that the wall was built to be a fortress in an earlier age in which armed conflict often swirled around and through Rome is accidental. The fact that it now encloses a sovereign state is not. Mussolini picked the demarcation lines of Vatican City as the new Papal State and he constructed the approaches at St. Peter's Square to be outside the walls and to allow the common people to approach Vatican City directly.

If The Queen of England suggested that the US should not build a wall on the Mexican border would you tell her to tear down her fence around Buckingham Palace?

It's not the same thing.

5. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I must respond. The Pope is entitled to his opinions, like everyone else. Albeit average, but not informed.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think he's riding the tiger right now and hoping he can stay up top until the convention. Any swerve the race takes might knock him off and then he'd get gobbled up in a hurry. He can't moderate his approach at least for now because the only thing that's gotten him to the position he's in is his willingness to be immoderate.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Our border happens to be one of the most targeted borders on earth.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That wall has been there for over 1000 years.. Not much equivocation there man...Completely different circumstances and time periods.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Glass houses.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It's there to keep out the mooslims.

Hobbes3259 and Cman68 like this.
  11. Cman68

Certainly seems that way. He forgot to address what happens when the first Russian fighter Jet is downed after violating the no-fly zone? There's a reason why the US hasn't provided G/A missiles to the rebels.

12. Cman68

Its not like the Pope sanctioned that wall. It was there long before Columbus "discovered" the Americas. Can't put that on this Pope. Not sure which Pope it was that sanctioned that wall but it couldn't have been that much past Christianity being named the official religion of the Roman Empire..

Can we try to give the man a break on this one?

13. Cman68

I think that wall was built before the Crusades. More like to keep out those pesky Mongols or Visigoths.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No one is saying he sanctioned the wall. We all understand it's ancient. To me, that's not really all that relevant. It's there and he lives behind it. If he hates walls so much why not lead by example and have it taken down?

Never had a problem with a pope before he started injecting his hypocritical thoughts into american politics.

15. Cman68

Edit.. I stand corrected. St. Peter's Basilica is 506 years old... The Vatican created in 1929. Both predate this pope. What was the threat to the Vatican in 1929?

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Rome is a very cool place. I could see spending an extended period of time there.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

People go in and out of the wall all day long.

I don't think that's the kind of wall Trump is talking about.

Btw I always capitalize American, you commie.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Except for the gypsies. Fuck them.

19. Cman68

Sometimes I spell it with a K instead of a C... :)

Big Blocker likes this.
  20. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I still can't believe Bruce didn't go with Kaitlyn.....

Cman68 likes this.