How does this team compare to 2010?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by geno75, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

That's what mainly worries me for tomorrow. You know Rex will absolutely try to have them be highly emotional to beat and sweep the Jets this season and likely knock them out of the playoffs.

2. tman2812

tman2812 New Member

I like us better this year

3. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

2015 KC is in the bottom half of O's in the NFL.

Lam

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

2010 jets had the worst qb in football. smith wouldnt have been the worst qb in football

5. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

The winter Olympics were held in Vancouver in 2010. That won't be happening in 2016

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO it doesn't. The 2o1o team had a far superior OL and CBs (a younger, faster Revis). It had a great FB in Tony Richardson. At RB it had Ladanian Tomlinson, Shonn Green and a young Danny Woodhead that Schotty didn't have a clue how to use. Their STs were far superior. The TEs were better even with Dustin Keller, Ben Hartsock and Matthew Mulligan. They had more depth at WR with Cotchery, Edwards, Holmes and Brad Smith. They were better at ILB (at least against the run) with Harris and Scott. It's hard to say it, but the OLBs were better with Thomas and Pace, than this year's older version Pace and Coples.

Conversely, the QBs were abysmal. The Safeties were worse. Overall team depth was abysmal.

7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I think if Gailey and Fitz were on that team, along with Pryor, then they probably go on to win the SB, or at least get there.

8. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I remember when Mark Sanchez had a 9TD - 0 Int ratio, and people were hyping that up. Then Sanchez showed his true colors. I think I remember some people talking about 'leading the league in dropped interceptions'....lol.

Also, 2010 team made the AFC Championship game. The 2015 team did not. In terms of success, the 2010 team was better. In terms of entertainment, the 2015 team was better.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Nicky Minage.

-

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Booty butta

11. Christian

Christian Active Member

The only advantage 2015 had over 2010 was wide receiver. I would definetly take Fitz over Sanchez but to be honest I don't think one is that much better then the other.

50ShadesOfGreen and angryjetsfan like this.
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

You'd take the 2010 D all day long.

The only question for me is who you'd want at WR & QB. Fitzy, Marshall and Decker have had a record season but our schedule was weak compared to how 2010 shook out and more importantly our 2010 Jets were more clutch with the O/T wins, comebacks and the not letting teams get close in garbage time.

I'd take the guys that got us to the end of season ball, beat Peyton and Brady away and if not for that shocking first half against the Steelers (which was TB like in that we came out flat, looked crap and only rallied at the half*) we might of gone to the SB.

*I'm happy we got rid of Rex as he failed to evolve and have high hopes that TB (and the organisation) will learn from his rookie year and keep us improving.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

11-5/2-1 >>>>>>>>>>10-6/0-0

14. legler82

After getting but rapped in the first. I also recall the D not being able to get the O the ball back at the end for a chance to win.

15. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

The only thing I'd take in 2015 over 2010 would be the receivers and even I am a bit on the border about that one. not QB.

Sanchez was actually clutch against good or Great defenses, led comebacks against good teams, and almost led the Jets back in the afc cc game.

Sanchez did that as a second year qb against good teams

Fitzpatrick has only beat about 2 or 3 winning teams in his whole career, I can't wait to see him shit the bed next year and to see if Bowles has enough balls to put him on the bench, Sanchez also never costed the Jets any games, like Fitzpatrick costed the Jets 4.

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The 2015 watched significantly more playoff games

legler82 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Are you serious? He of the buttfumble? Sanchez lost games for the Jets with his inability to play better. They may not have been as overt as Geno or maybe Fitz, but he hurt the team. The team carried him, he didn't carry the team.

So you want Fitz to fail next season and you call yourself a Jets fan? Unreal!

18. legler82

I think Fitz's complete understanding of the offense he is running outweighs any talent disparity between them.

Once we can draft a talented QB and be patient enough to allow them to get to the point of knowing a scheme forward and backwards like Fitz knows Gailey's, we'll be golden. Continuity between QB and offense scheme is so underrated yet it's about the only thing all the top QBs have in common.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If only a 9-7 record would have earned us a playoff spot in 2015.

edit: oops, I was thinking of 2009, not 2010

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

2010 was better, hands down.

2010:

Better oline by a large margin
    Better running game
    Better deep ball
    Better linebackers
    Tougher Schedule
    Way better special teams including an all pro punter.
    11-5 record

Better QB
    Better receiving core
    Better Dline
    Horrible special teams (minus Nick Folk. horrible punter)
    Easier schedule (one of the easiest the Jets have had in a long time)
    10-6 record (swept by the Bills)

IMO the secondaries were pretty equal. Revis in his prime along with Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. Now the Jets have Revis slightly after his prime, same with Cro and a better safety unit / CB#3.

Coaching also leans to 2010, but it's debatable.

#80 Sam Hammer, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016