Damon Harrison's value

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rsmehta, Jan 5, 2016.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Even if what you say is accurate, how much is it worth to a team to have a D that averages 3rd and 6, to a D that averages 3rd and 3?

How many more stops does that equate to and how many more times does the Offense get a possession? And how many points does that turn into in a season?

In addition, I'm convinced Snacks is worth it partially because of your gifs and play analysis. Often when someone else makes a big play, its Snacks taking on 2 guys and winning.

Furthermore, he has said he will focus upon getting better against the pass--he got this good so I think he can improve here too.

ajax likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

we allowed only a 33% conversion rate on 3rd downs.
    2nd best in the league.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What percentage of those were 3rd and long? Since we were so good against the run, I'd think that a pretty high percentage would be longer distances where the opposing team had to pass.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Snacks was great all season. He manhandled the Pats C that last game with them.

He has met every challenge he's faced from the beginning, and fended off all challenges to his place on the team.

When they drafted Cat I thought Snacks would be odd man out going into '16....wrong. Coples was the first guy to bite the dust.

We'll see if TB wants to invest in what Snacks does, and what TB does with the makeup of his D personnel. How Deon Simon has developed may have a say.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

don't know exactly, but i'd agree it was a high % due to our run D..

7. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

Its going to be a hard pill to swallow but this team is going to loose some valuable contributors. How many is dependent on if players are willing to make financial sacrifices for the greater good (If Any). IE: Home team discount or restructuring. I could see a few guys doing it for a chance to compete and not have to uproot their families and move.

Fitz for example if its between Jets at 2yr 10mil or another team like Cleveland offering 2yr 12mil I could see him staying because its a better situation plus an endorsement might offset. I could also see a couple of guys like Brick or Marshall restructuring as long as they still will get paid their whole contract. Still a few guys will need to be cut to save $ like Cro 8mil, Cumberland 1.9mil & maybe Kerly (June 1st, 2.5mil)

That said Snacks should cost about 4-5Mil per and Mo Prob 13-15mil. The only way I see Mo staying is if he is willing to take less this year (10-12Mil) by back loading the contract.
    Something like 5yr 68Mil, 40 Guaranteed (10, 12, 16, 16 & 14) and that would be considered a home team discount. otherwise Mo is gonzo

LIJetsFan likes this.
  8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I can see Mo accepting that.

To me, Snacks is the odd man out, especially if they really are high on Deon Simon.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If they overpay Mo and let Snacks leave, high is the right word for it.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/03/the_giants_snag_defensive_tackle_kenrick_ellis_fro.html
    He actually graded out fairly well as a NT for us heres a quote from the article...

Even in Ellis' limited defensive snaps, he was rated +2.3 against the run in 2014, according to PFF, and was even better in that category the year before, rating +14. Ellis has played in 47 games with five starts, registering 66 tackles (40 solo), one sack and a forced fumble.

All we ask Harrison to do is run stuff, sign Ellis n the cheap so we can resign Mo... if the jets are going to lose somebody u better get something for him. Us just losing Mo through FA makes no sense especially when u could have traded him last offseason. Mo will be a Jet in 2016, if anything u trade Sheldon

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People really want to keep a 2 down lineman over one of the best lineman in the league today

12. James Hasty

JJ Watt?

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I said one of the best :)

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Harrison was a major find MR T got zero credit for.Went undrafted in 2012 Mr Ts last year with the team and became one of the best NT's in the league.We need to bring him back at all costs.Cut Cromartie and free up the extra money ,promote Marcus Williams and hope Millner can get it together.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Let me know how you feel when we can't stop the run,Your gonna say we need a real DT and blame Mac for letting him go.We need some real linebackers that can capitalize on the d lines ability to open holes.Mauldin looks like the real deal ,Now we just need someone on the other side

16. James Hasty

Harrison should be kept because he has played lights out for a while now and should be affordable.

Millner is due a $9 mil contract option, will get hurt again, and can't do much when healthy.

Marcus Williams made a few plays but is a bigger drop-off from Cromartie than most Jet fans seem to realize.

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

He made a lot of ballhawk type plays this year, but I do agree that he didn't look quite as good in coverage as he did last season.

Maybe his future could be at FS?

That being said, Cro isn't worth 8 mil at this point, and with some major decisions the Jets will have to make.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Snacks is an above average hole plugger that looks good because he's surrounded by elite talent. He's not worth a long term contract if it means saying goodbye to one of the players that actually made his plays possible.

Antonio Cromartie is the dumbest piece of shit that wore a Jets uniform this year. Marcus Williams is a clear upgrade any day of the week.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cutting Cro, Milliner, Pace, and a few other players should clear enough space to sign a player worth a shit. But the Jets need to draft a speed rusher. Not sign.

Young legs and a rookie contract at that position are vital.

20. James Hasty

Are you saying we should trade up to get that guy or do you think he will still be there at # 20?