WIN AND WE'RE IN: Week 17 the New York Jets at the Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Tickets are going for pennies on secondary markets, I agree it should be a pretty Jets heavy crowd

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Sunday is my birthday. I'm going to be 25. I would love nothing more than to Win and get in. In January of 2010 we played the last ever game at "Giants Stadium" on January 3rd to win and get in against Cincy. Me and my dad were there. That was an amazing day. I hope the same result comes out this Sunday.

Rex is hyping this up to be their super bowl. We all know he would like nothing more than to eliminate us. (I don't see Pitt losing to Cleveland to give us even more of a break)
    We have to win... Simple as that. I pray to god that this won't be a "SOJ" thing and we are let down after such a high after the Pats game.

Is shady playing?

Playing up there is never easy. If this game was here, I'd feel a whole lot better. But we have to play our game and beat them. Not going to be easy. Can't look past this.

Poeman and jerseyjay14 like this.
  3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Jarius Wynn, Alex Carrington, Nigel Bradham, Ty Powell, Stephon Gilmore, Ronald Darby, Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Weather Update for Sun Buffalo: 33/23 Cloudy NOSNOW

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Are those guys who are going to miss this weeks game?

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Huge relief.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's just on defense. And it's not even all of who is missing on defense (there are more depth and role players as well I didn't put on). Actually, there are reports Dareus may be back though.

On offense, we won't have Lesean McCoy, Charles Clay, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, and the starting right side of the line in John Miller and Seantrel Henderson.

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Those guys above on defense aren't all missing the game.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, weather report today says after today no precipitation in the forecast for the Northeast for the next seven days. It will seasonable temps, but no snow.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

McCoy likely won't play, Rex said. Not sure that matters as he is not 100% anyway. The Bills will give it a go, but this game is all on the Jets. Just like the Thursday night game. If they take care of business, they will walk out of Buffalo a playoff team. If they blow it, they won't be. Rex and the Bills are just the team in the way.

hwismer and Vida like this.
  11. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

We all deal with injuries. Some teams more than others. I've heard a lot of people complaining more about Rex than using the injury excuse though.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Bills will fold if the Jets build a nice lead early in the game. They'll come out red hot and ready to go, but if the Jets knock them in the mouth they'll start looking towards the offseason.

Just because Rex has a passion to beat his former team and keep them from the playoffs, doesn't mean the rest of his team shares his feelings.

hwismer, NY Jets68, Vida and 3 others like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree, 100%. People keep saying Rex's players will run through a wall for him. However, if I was a Bills player, I would be pissed. We were (9-7) last year, Rex shows up, declares playoffs, and we are (7-8) 60 minutes away from the offseason. I also agree the Jets need to hit them in the mouth early. Finish them quick.

kevmvp likes this.
  14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think we've got incredibly fortunate with injuries this year.

I mean when Cro went down he was gone for the year, right? And Fitz? Tomkins looked like he was done too. Ivory seemingly every week and he bounces back.

_

Vida likes this.
  15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yup, the one thing that keeps bothering me is hearing about how badly Rex would love to beat the Jets. I'm sure it's true, but it's his players who have to play the game, and besides playing a division rival, I'm sure they could care less about how things ended for Rex in New York.

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Which is why it would be really disappointing if we didn't capitalize on this. Yeah, you can look forward to next year with the same roster, but there's no guarantee we'll be this healthy week 17 with a chance to make the playoffs. We might be the best remaining team just by virtue of health.

Vida likes this.
  17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

We've definitely not been bitten hard by the injury bug. I mean unless you count losing our starting QB for the start of the season....lol

The only real significant loss was Sheldon being suspended for the first 4 games. Powell as well

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Pryor too, Mangold, M. Williams, when I see that they're okay I'm relieved and thankful.

Now, I say no more about that topic :)

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yes. Let's not jinx ANYTHING. Starting...NOW.

_

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

yep, the Bills will play for pride at home, but that only goes so far..
    get a good lead early, and they'll pack it in.

the Jets are playing a playoff game, and are really clicking right now.
    that's way more important.
    momentum and health are in our favor.
    i expect they'll go there and come out with the Win. even if it's not pretty, they'll get it done.