WIN AND WE'RE IN: Week 17 the New York Jets at the Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 27, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yup, screen is most effective when you sprinkle it in.... i think gailey has done a good job not only calling it with the right frequency but having other plays that look like the screen but go elsewhere.

also loved how vs new englad we ran the wideout in motion, then quick snapped and hit him in the flat 2 times... then later in the game ran the same play but faked the flat and went downfield to marshall.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not worried at all about this game, because the Jets are the better team. Also, the playoffs are on the horizon. If you are worried about playing Rex's crap team, how do you expect to beat the Patriots in New England, or Broncos in Denver or Bengals in Cincy, etc? The Jets have won 5 in a row. Very impressive. Turns out they literally had to, to make the playoffs. Thank God they took it one game at a time. Imagine being told after the Texans game "You must win 6 straight to make the playoffs!". Haha.

rohirrim665 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would say the underperforming Bills Dline you refer to is not better than NE's.

4. jerseyjay14

the jets were the better team in week 9 as well, and were playing at home, and lost then. 4 of our 5 loses are to teams we were better then. so them being worse doesnt factor in a ton.

also, calling them a "crap" team is kind of inaccurate. this isnt the 3 win browns or 49ers we are talking about here.

this wont be a gimmie. rex or no rex that bills locker room would love nothing more then to end there season on a high note, finish at .500, and end our season prematurely.

also, too much focus on who is better or the coaches... all it takes 1 one bad special teams play for us to be playing from behind on the road in the snow. which is basically how we lost t them last time around

5. jerseyjay14

new englands is better, but its different. they dont rely on any 1 guy, have a good 6 man rotation. bills have more top end talent, although chandler jones is far from a slouch.

pats are more edge oritented, bills can really come at you on the interior. you also need to worry alot more about blocking the bills 1 on 1, as the bills bring extra defenders more then patiots, who play it vanilla and make you beat them more then most teams do

6. Big Blocker

I think it fair to say I am not a pom pom waving homer here. But it is not merely optimism to say those losses aren't as meaningful as you suggest. After losing to the Pats earlier the Jets went into a funk, and the earlier loss to Buffalo occurred during that period. But I think it is also fair to say they righted their season by putting that adversity behind them, and have not lost to any teams, good or bad, for five in a row. It's just not the same team as the one that you are referring to.

Does this mean we can count on a win here? Of course not. I just don't think the stat about losing to teams with losing records earlier in the season is all that meaningful now.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. jerseyjay14

IDK, we are better now then we were then, that isnt debateable... but we were still a 4-2 team when we went into oakland and got smacked and 5-3 coming off a win when the bills came in and we shot ourselves in the foot... and to me thats a big factor. special teams in bad weather... that scares me. we have fumbling issues... fumbling issues in bad weather scares me.

you are probably right overall, but i still think us being better then them on paper isnt all that relevant and them being a "losing team" even less relevant at 7-8, again, its not like they are the browns. throw in that any division rival is probably gonna play you tough and a cold weather game on the road in buffallo can be somewhat of a talent equalizer.

should we be favored? yes, but i think this is certainly a game to be very nervous about. i think from a personel standpoint its not the best matchup. i think that you never want a division rival in a must win game (see ravens-pitt last week), and weather/road is usually worth 3 points when vegas handicaps the games.

maybe my post came off too doom and gloom, i just think its a bit crazy to have us as a heavy favorite or to think this is game we should easily win

8. Big Blocker

^
    Ftr I don't think the Jets should be heavy favorites.

One other thing about home field is I expect there will be many Jet fans there.

NYJetsO12 and jerseyjay14 like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I agree. Atleast 35 maybe pushing 40% jets fans

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

As with many Jets games against seemingly inferior opponents I am cautiously optimistic at best. I think we can win, but am I betting my house? No.

Vida likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The point is there is no need to worry. If that happens, get a bad bounce or two and lose, that is life. I am just saying the Jets should win the game. Many things could occur to ruin it, but I have watched the Bills and I have watched the Jets lately. One is better. The potential schedule is the Bills, then Broncos/Bengals/Texans, then Patriots. I would rather play the Bills.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Screens to anyone are designed to counter an overly-aggressive front 7. Pats weren't getting close to Fitz. D was staying in their lanes. Giants on the other hand were selling out, and Chan used his screens to kill them.

Saving if for the POs!!!!

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'll be there with 9 others!

rohirrim665 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Make that 10

rohirrim665 and Footballgod214 like this.
  15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Jets are 3 point favorites. I guess that sounds about right. I think the Jets will come away with a win but it will probably be agonizing. Like last week

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We need and want it more

#116 NYJetsO12, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

One. More. Win. We can do this! Thanks to all of the brave souls headed up to Buffalo for the game. Scream your hearts out and know we are there with you in spirit!

Truth4U2, hwismer and Brook! like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Everyone is ultra worried about Rex's motivation for this game. How he is going to get his team pumped up, etc, etc.

I say what about our own team? Don't you think they are beyond pumped? Many veterans see this as potentially their last chance, others might be tired of Rex's antics while with the Jets, but to a man, they all know going to the playoffs is a chance they can't afford to fuck up. You bet your ass Chan and Fitz know what's at stake in Buffalo. And sure as hell have communicated that loud and clear. It's war, and we intend to win it. Buffalo is playing for pride and Rex, and a lower draft pick. We are playing for All the marbles. There is no higher motivation.
    My money is with the Jets. For once I have confidence in this team and this QB.

NYJetsO12 and Axel3419 like this.
  19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh the waiting game sux ... is it Sunday yet ...

rohirrim665 likes this.
  20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Dude it's still 2015.

You have to wait until NEXT YEAR!!!

_