Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

beating bad teams at home is not out of our control. its not someone else fault we couldnt win a game the bills tried desperatly to give us

2. jerseyjay14

there is no team id rather play in the playoffs then cincy... that include the texans. to me cincy is a trash team with a chokejob coaching staff/qb/kicker.

i think we'd stomp them. hopefully it lines up where we see texans in round 1, and if we move on cincy in round 2

3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Nugent still hurting us lol

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Their roster is loaded, I'm not sure there's a more complete team in the NFL, maybe those guys that play in Arizona. They have the bets offensive line of any AFC playoff team, a great power back and great pass catching/scat back. They're 3 deep at receiver with a true #1 in Green and good compliments in Sanu and Jones. Eifert has been on fire all year. Hue Jackson might just be the best offensive coordinator in the NFL, too, he's been outscheming teams all year. They have the #1 scoring defense with a dominant line (Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson) a good secondary and linebackers.

It really does come down to the quarterback. If Andy Dalton chokes in the playoffs again, then fine. But if they can get a 2015 Andy Dalton performance or a replication of what McCarron is doing right now (in their biggest primetime game of the season, on the road in a tough environment against a good defense) then they're going to be very hard to beat. Especially in Cincy.

almbleamal and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. jerseyjay14

they still have marvin lewis coaching them. they still have either dalton or mccarron at qb. there D is good but i dont trust them at all in a big game. AJ is a beast but he can be contained if you have a top secondary like we do.

i think whoever gets them runs them out of the building. they are a trash big game team.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah cincy will be tough to beat. what has happened in the past in the playoffs doesn't matter. in 2015 they are one of the toughest, most balanced teams in the league

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

texans are by far the easier match-up. Especially since Watt has a broken hand.

8. jerseyjay14

on paper maybe. but id much rather play then bengals. i like our chances vs the texans, id pretty much be convinced that we would beat the bengals.... and im about as pessmistic and gaurded as it gets for the team. i think its as close to a gaurnteed win as you get. i cant see this team losing to lewis/dalton and a team of choking mentally soft players

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

After beating NE I don't think any team scares the Jets. You go with Bowles flow : another game another tough opponnent to beat whoever, wherever it doesn't matter. Just do that all the way to AFC Championship, SB

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

You are DEFINITELY in the minority with wanting to play the Bengals, and thinking we'll crush them...lol

11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I think that you still have the 2009/2010 bengals in your mind. This seems to be a team with a different make-up. I don't see them as an easy out for anyone. Not saying they can't be beat, but personally I'd take the Texans in round 1.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere, clockwise in the Southern?

_

Jets_Grinch and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

More like magnetic north versus true north.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I prefer for us to play Houston first, KC second, Denver 3rd, NE 4th and the Bengals last.

15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Come on Cincy !

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Agreed on all 5 accounts. Might switch Cincy and NE depending on the Patriots' health.

LAJet likes this.
  17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So we're 6th seed or bust if McManus makes this kick?

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

OAK may want to send Charles Woodson out as a winner, even if it's in Arrowhead. Manziel had the Chiefs on their backs, Chiefs may rest some bodies with a playoff spot locked up. Maybe they will take a peak at the Bolts/Broncos game and determine what to do by half.

James Hasty likes this.
  19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Missed field goal!

We are going to overtime on Monday Night!

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Watch this. Interception by Cinci and return for a TO will end this game. It's destiny