Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Don't think I've seen it mentioned, but I think the Charles Woodson retirement helps us immensely. We've seen first hand how a team can rally around one guy in the last week to get him a win (Rex). I think the Raiders will be extremely;y fired up against KC to screw a division rival and at the same time send out an all time great and emotional leader with a W.

dawinner127, ajax and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We're rooting for both the Chargers and Raiders week 17 and they both get long weeks coming off of TNF. Thanks, schedule makers!

ajax and socaljetfan like this.
  3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Brock O officially named starter against Cinci. And nursing that shoulder. Let's go Bungles!

socaljetfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

So basically it goes like this.

Root for the Jets, root for the Browns, root for the Ravens, root for the Bengals.

I really wish I had Sunday ticket for this weekend, I'd like to watch all 3 of those 1:00 pm games. A Jets win and a loss by either Denver, KC or Pitts puts the Jets in the driver seat. Surely just ONE of those games will go our way. Too bad Dalton got injured or Cinci would probably be a shoe in to beat Denver.

If the Jets lose and one of the 3 teams above loses as well, they can still get in during week 17, so it's not crucial, but a loss would ensure the Jets need help to get in and if those 3 teams all win and Jets lose, then Jets will be eliminated I believe.

This is as exciting as it gets and this is why I love football. It's been a while since the Jets have played meaningful football during this time of year. Sunday can't get here soon enough!!

NYJetsO12 and Catfish Billy like this.
  5. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

edit: nevermind

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

With a short week here at work I only need a half day to finish whatever deadline I got going.

Trying to decide which is better to handle a case of three day pre game jitters ....a few wines, praying to Jesus for a win or both lol

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The Raiders played hard tonight. No quit whatsoever. If they give the same effort next week we have a legit shot. Hopefully the Woodson retirement, the chance to finish .500, and their hatred for KC will be enough motivation for them.

NYJetsO12 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. Interested to see how hard will Buffalo plays Dallas this w/e.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think anyone who is holding out that Oakland will beat KCis pipe dreaming.
    It is not happening, KC is so much better as evident by the beatdown they gave the on Oakland a few weeks ago.

KC is a real good tean but some people have been fooled by there early losing streak which was a murderous stretch including at the Packers, Bengals and Vikings

Since that stretch most have their games have not even been close. If yiou want The Jets in playoffs yiu better root hard for Bengals Monday night

10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yup, our best hope is that Denver flames out. Pittsburgh and KC are too hot right now and KC has a cake schedule the next 2 weeks.

11. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Kansas City is gonna upset NE in the playoffs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Would have liked to see more than a 3 point win. Oakland fell behind (at home) early plus Carr threw an interception. Could be the looking ahead factor to their big finale next week.

Hey those Oakland fans are a trip! Its always Holloween there with those Silver and Black/Black Hole costumes.

Next to the Jets they have always been one of my favorite AFC teams lol

Nobody out in the Bay Area wants to move 32 miles to an uber facility but my God that building will be beautiful

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more wrong about the first KC-Raiders game. Not even close to a "beatdown". Oakland had the lead three different times. They had 100+ more total yards, held the ball for most of the game, and had almost twice as many first downs as KC. In fact, KC probably loses the game if Carr doesn't gift wrap the win for them with three INTs in the 4th Q. The Raiders have a great chance of knocking them off in the rematch.

14. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Someone told me today that the most important thing for us would be if the Bengals beat the Broncos, is that true? (assuming we win our games of course). I guess the reason being that if the Chiefs win that division, we would more likely beat out the Broncos than the Steelers for the final WC spot. Is that right? Do we have the tiebreakers over Denver?

Just saw this. So I guess we do have the tiebreakers over Denver then?

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If Broncos lose one of the two games they have and if Jets win both games, we are in and Broncos are out.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Jets are in if we win one more game then either Pit or KC or Den. That's the whole math.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Why are you challenging me? Do you hate me? I only answered Truth's question about Denver. Of course we all know we are in if we win 1 more game than Pitt and Kansas. Water is wet and 1+1 equals 2. Geez. The abuse I am taking on this board is ridiculous. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It was more like me summarizing than challenging :)
    But if you want challenging, I can arrange it :mad: ;)
    I don't think I've yet to mention cells, vans or goats LOL

Edit
    :mad: :mad: :mad: SOJ :mad: :mad: 1969 :mad: :mad: :mad: no SB :mad: :mad:

Brook! likes this.
  19. Section 336

Actually your Math is incorrect.
    The Jets only have to win the same amount of games as Denver.

20. Section 336

May not be your definition of beat down, but in my book when you lose by 2 touchdowns at home that is a beat down.
    You can cherry pick the stats you want to suit the narrative you want.
    However, the score board is the only stat that matters.

Does your 100+ "total yard" include return yardage? Because I think you missed that or does that not count as yards in your book? In reality the yards difference is mostly because KC didn't have to travel any yards for scores in the fourth because of the field position their defense put them in.
    Look at yards per play, yards per rush, yards per pass etc., you will see that Oakland was not really out gaining them.

You say that Carr gift wrapped it for them, yet one of the Raiders scores was gift wrapped to them. The bottom line is the KC defense played very well the entire game, and stepped up even more in the fourth quarter and gave them a 2 score beat down in the end or if it suits you better a 20-0 beat down in the fourth quarter.

Regardless -- I fully stand by my opinion , the Raiders have a 1% chance of winning a meaningless game in KC with the playoffs on the line for them.