Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I know he has been awful but it's hard to think about Manning being a bad thing. my brain still has trouble processing that.

phubbadaman and slimjasi like this.
  2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I see your point. But with this talent IMO not making the playoffs is a failure in my eyes.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Anyone would have signed off on a 11-5 record with new players and coaching staff. Go look up the threads before the season started.

A failure is last season, when Geno and crew sucked so much ass. Todd Bowles has turned this franchise around

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I like this thread a lot more than I liked the #1 pick thread

Axel3419 likes this.
  5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

same.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Anyone who doesnt give a shit about going 10-6 or 11-5 and not making the playoffs --after last year--is an idiot.

This is entertainment pure and simple.

Think if it as a movie.

Last year you walked into the theater and within 3 minutes you knew the movie sucked rancid ass but you paid for your ticket and pop corn and pop so you felt you couldn't leave. And you stayed and watched the full 3 hour shit show.

This year you went into the movie not expecting much and although the ending wasn't great the whole movie was entertaining and feel good and you felt like you got your money's worth.

If all that matters is the final result, then don't go to the theater, don't watch the movie, just read the reviews the next day and if it got 4 stars, take that as your enjoyment.

For me, even if the ending is deflating, the fact that I'm watching a thoroughly enjoyable team playing meaningful football AFTER Christmas while last year I had to endure total craptastic football after Labor Day, I'll take it.

_

#1306 JStokes, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    NoodleArm, truthbtold, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You said deflating. Hah.

ajax and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Also the 2013 and 2012 Jets were bad as well. (The 2013 Jets were a lot worse than their 8-8 record would lead one to believe. They were probably the worst 8-8 team of this era.) And in 2011 it seemed like the Jets were deflated after the Giants loss, losing the last 3 if I recall correctly. So it's been awhile since we had a season that we could look back on and say "We got significantly better this year. We're heading in the right direction." The last season we could say that was 2010, IMO.

So like you said, it's just fun to see the Jets be a competitive team again. Those living and dying for a Super Bowl win... just try to enjoy the ride, folks. It'll happen when it happens, if it happens; not on our schedule.

I feel like it's mirroring Star Wars - after those awful prequels we now have a good Star Wars movie, and even though right now this is not as good as The Empire Strikes Back, The Em-Pryor Strikes Back is still good and a lot better than what we've had in recent years, and gives me the sense that things are back on track again.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

If the Jets finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs, it wouldn't be a failure or their fault.

11-5 gets you in the playoffs MOST years.

10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yeah it would be there fault because there teams they should had beaten. Raiders and Eagles are 2.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Bills

12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Meh, Eagles and Raiders (over there) always own us.

The one that got away was the Buffalo game...

But my point remains, 11-5 gets you in pretty much every season. It would be really bad luck to go 11-5 and miss the postseason.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm not going to moan about the divisional structure keeping us from the post-season. In a couple of years we may be facing a TB/BB-less Pats, the Bills fresh from a Rex tailspin and Miami in Tanny cap-hell.

These things go in cycles, the AFC East may soon be as craptastic as the AFC South is now.

All Gas No Shake, FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And here we doubted the sagatious wisdom of Ron Wolf and Charlie Casserly

Prob Woodrows best move in decades

we are on victory track with Bowles/Mac/Gailey imho

ajax likes this.
  15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

A failure is what Miami did, with the same schedule and their new super tackle to join their mythical QB. A failure is Bufflao, taking a 9-7 team with talent to oblivion--with the same schedule as the jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we can add Mario Williams and Richie Incognito in the off-season after Buffalo implodes that would be awesome.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

only thing that bothers me is the fact that like NE, cinci has already clinched . which means like NE, i think they won''t be hesistant to rest starters and limit players.

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Cinci has NOT clinched the division or a bye yet.

They have only clinched a playoff spot, they could end up playing wildcard round on the road.
    They need the bye to get Dalton back in there.

The only way it doesn't mean anything is if Pittsburgh loses before they play.
    And if that happens we really don't give a shit anyway.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If there is a level below failure then thats where the Dolphins belong.

Of all our games this season the fins were the only ones we really dominated. Hell, if it weren't for the refs feeling sympathy in garbage time they wouldn't of moved the ball on us at all.

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

True i didn't look at it from that perspective...