Week 15: New York Jets (8-5) at Dallas Cowboys (4-9)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Dec 13, 2015.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Schedule has been out for nearly 8 months bro...lol

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Yeah there has been a couple along the way. Maybe a few more during your time if you go back a long way with the team.

But when we are playing well , like we are now, we usually dont lose to teams that have about nothing left to play for.

The only reason some people are skeptical about this game is because its against the Cowboys and its in Dallas.

I think we would have to lay a huge egg to lose this game. We could play poorly and still come out with a win just cause Dallas does not put the ball in the end zone.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I agree with you for the most part - and I go back to 1981. Literally dozens of games just like this one.

I can tell you unequivocally that it has nothing at all to do with Dallas or the Cowboys - nothing. It's got everything to do with a life-long kick to the nuts by the franchise when it's expected to win. I don't normally let past history influence my future, but it's just happened too many times. Am I a Darksider? You bet your ass I am. If you were 46 and doing this dance for 34 years you would be too...lol

There's a reason that most of the Darksiders are older and the Sunshiners are younger.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

you still have time to hire a hit man ;)

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So a prime time Saturday night game for our Jeti? The last Natinal Tv showcased a fumble by DSmith and a 5 point loss to Bills. This prime appearance will be much better IMO

Our NFC East record is 2-1 . We beat the Redskins , A mind blowing win against the NYG and an injury plagued team, poor special teams, tackling etc losing to Eagles. I say the team has improved.

We beat Eli, Tom C, a 2 time Winning SB team plus Mr All World OBJ. So how can the Boys compare to that?

I will not give a score ...jus predict a W

#125 NYJetsO12, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets will win this game.........

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Don't forget they beat the Skins also.....at the time not that impressive but the Skins have been playing OK as of late..... here's an odd fact: a Jets win in Dallas would mark the first time in franchise history the Jets have beaten 3 NFC East teams in the same season.

IBLEEDGREEN17 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I see killing a secondary as what Russell Wilson just did to baltimore as torching a secondary. 300 yards 5 TDs at 72%. 0 sacks, 10 yards per pass. 110 rating.

If Yates did that or anything near that to us then i'd give credit where it's due. But just because yates had 2 really good plays on us and the rest was to regular TJ Yates standards hell no. Just because us as fans were frustrated don't mean he was killing us.

Derek Carr killed us. Tom Brady in the 4th qt. Killed us. that's it. IMO

LIJetsFan likes this.
  9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Jets have no business losing this game if they want to be in the playoffs. They're a superior team.

The Cowboys are average against the pass and bad against the run. The Jets should come out and run heavy with Ivory to setup play action.

On defense they need to sellout to stop the Cowboys rushing attack and put the Cowboys in 3rd and long a lot and make Cassel beat them. He shouldn't be able to.

10. geno75

geno75 Active Member

My one concern is that this game reminds me a lot of The Houston game that we lost.

Dallas doesn't have Hopkins or Watt, but Hardy and Bryant aren't to shabby themselves. I also think Cassell is a better QB than Yates.

The Jets have been atrocious defending the gimmick stuff and look for Garrett to try something with McFadden who perfected that kind of offense in college.

11. JetLifeLo

Cassel isn't better than anyone. He's actually hot ass garbage. He doesn't play to win, he plays to stay mistake free.. resulting in 95% of his passes being check down. Pryor is going to kill somebody because of Cassel i'm calling it now. Witten is too big to be getting smacked around but he's not safe. I think it'll be D-Mac or that little fucker they got Cole Beasely. One of them two gonna get it i just know it.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  12. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I don't like this match up. This Cowboys team reminds me of the Texans. Pretty good pass defense, good D Line that will put pressure on Fitzpatrick. Hopefuly they can get the run game going. Dez and Witten haven't done much this year, but they have proven in the past that they are playmakers. I don't want those guys to wake up and have them making plays in critical situations. I think the Jets should win, but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost this game

13. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm more confident in the home game versus that Patriots then I am about this game in Dallas. This seems to be a good match up in the Jets favor and because of that I'm a bit concerned that it will go the other way. Kind of like the Giants horrible d-line suddenly becoming the 85 Bears when we played them.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am now living in the DFW area and the talk is they are starting Cassell instead of Kellen Moore to guarantee the loss. The Jets lose this game as was pointed out earlier have no business going to the playoffs. Jets 30-6

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We wont have to score a lot to beat the Cowboys. I really do not seeing them putting the ball in the end zone unless we gift it to them on special teams or a bad turnover. The Cowboys offense is really that bad.

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  16. JetLifeLo

literally the only thing that bothers me about this game is a strip sack or fitz fumble being returned for a TD.. and if that's all i'm worried about pretty much we have nothing to worry about. Dallas has a mean front 7 ( i think McClain is under concussion protocol on a short week) but outside of that they not good. Everyone wants to run heavy on them but i think i'd rather us spread them out and attack their weak secondary THEN run once they have become honest to the pass game.

17. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

If you are one of those people that ALWAYS has a bluetooth earpiece on. You could find a game stream or radio stream to listen to without anybody knowing. However, pound for pound you'd probably be better off enjoying the dinner and not giving reason for pain later.

18. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Dallas has one less win than the Texans, the Eagles and two less than the Raiders and the Bills.

We lost to all of those teams.

I'm optimistic, but cautious. We are the same team who was out coached by the Texans. A team that has only two good players on the field.

Vegas has us 3 point favorites. That seems about right.

19. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

They have 2 less wins than all those teams.

Plus we are playing the best football of the season right now.

Dallas' defense is much better than any of our last 3 wins. But they simply cannot move the ball with any type of consistency on offense.

We could lose for sure. But we would probably have to play a game like the Oakland game..with Dallas also playing their best game of the season.

And considering the playoffs are on the line for us and nothing is on the line for them, I like our chances.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

8 months ago I'm not looking ahead as if I knew a birthday dinner would fall out on that night lol .

Haha no bluetooth for me. I'll just suck it up and follow as the app alerts come in.