Week 15: New York Jets (8-5) at Dallas Cowboys (4-9)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

Could care less about that defense but that OL scares me. They haven't done it yet so I feel like they may be primed to take over a game.

Our guys are well equipped to shut that down with our Front 7, especially Snacks, but it won't come easy and I could see DAL coming out and surprising us early with the run.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hold on a God damned minute.

Let me see if I understand this.

We're not giving Fitz credit for hitting Decker REPEATEDLY because Decker runs precise routes and was open?

We're not giving Fitz credit for executing PERFECTLY the screen to Powell for the TD, pretty much the inverse perfect throw he made to Powell last week?

We're not giving Fitz credit for recognizing the fuck up by the Titans and quick snapping and hitting Marshall for the 69 yard catch and run?

We're going to criticize Fitz for 2 throws NOT picked but the perfect throw and drop by Marshall at the 5 we'll just forget that?

3 TDs and 0 INTs.

We need to get over ourselves.

Geez.

_

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

4. JStokes

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm cautiously optimistic but by no means thinking this will be easy as with Tenneessee. Dallas D is head and shoulders better,and their OL an order of magnitude more challenging than the porous one we faced last week.
    I have a strong feeling this game will be decided in the trenches and by special teams. Our OL needs to step it up a knotch or two. Scoring will be at a premium with two good defenses, a heavy pass rush and two QBs that might struggle to find open receivers quickly enough to connect.
    How we are able to run the ball against them and vice-versa will tell volumes about the tempo of the game.
    Forget the long bomb, stay true to what works consistently for us, including exploiting mis matches, short passes and screens. GB was successful because of the run, even with a superior QB.
    We can not afford to get behind early, we have to set the tempo from the start and force them to get away from their game plan. If they have to abandon the run early they will be in trouble.
    One thing I have confidence on is THAT WE WILL NOT BE OUT COACHED SATURDAY. Avoid mistakes and stupid penalties.
    Field goals will rule. I think our new kicker will be the deciding factor, and so far he has been money.
    No let down, no big hype, just play the best hand we are dealt and we shall succeed.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know who you are referring to, but they sound like a moron. Keep writing "We're" but I am not included. Love me some FITZMAGIC.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Of course not!

Are you kidding me?! Unless this was Geno Smith, no QB here gets credit for anything they do unless it's a poor play.

Geno Smith sucks the shit out of every dick on this planet yet he is given every excuse in the book. The coaching sucks, the play calling sucks, the talent is poor, his offensive line sucks, it was raining, his mother was constipated that morning and had to help her, his pussy was sweating causing the ball to be slippery, thus ruining his spiral which in turn caused incompletions or one or four interceptions.

But don't let Fitzpatrick come in and take over the game like a true QB! No sir! Fuck all the good shit he did. Fuck the amazing arm angle he had to throw that screen pass to Powell. Fuck the smarts he has and the ability to recognize and adapt instantly to create a game ending TD. Fuck all the good throws. Fuck the ability to get the ball out quickly to limit sacks and pressure. Fuck the ability to run and get first downs when we need them. Fuck all of that.

He missed two throws God damnit!! Come on!! Those two throws will forever be seen as potential interceptions. They will be replayed 4 million times on YouTube.

Our season is doomed. Geno Smith was dealt a bad hand

ajax likes this.
  8. JStokes

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

yep

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good observation. Mariota actually played for more yards than Fitz. You would never know it just looking at the stat line.......

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yawn, I knew someone would have this response.

Its not so extreme like that Stokes. Obviously Fitzpatrick deserves some credit. He played well in some stretches... He didn't crap all over himself... He didn't oversleep and miss the game... etc.. but it was far from his best game; where if you just looked at the box score you would say it was it best game, thats all.

I personally was responding to the narrative that "Fitzpatrick was on fire" - - he wasn't on fire. He was a little erratic.

You are kidding yourself if you don't think sunday's game was about the receivers. it WAS their best game all year. One can praise them for that amazing performance can't they? Fitzpatrick delivered the ball to wide open receivers? yes, that's correct. That makes him an NFL QB. I prefer to praise exceptional performance more than expected performance.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Browning... I'm sensing a little jelly. Nagle was pretty clean shaven... Beardless some would say... Are you pb and jelly brah?

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the pubes on my face suggest my jealousy isn't over Fitzy's beard

All Gas No Shake and Brook! like this.
  14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

haha!

15. JStokes

Doth protest too much.

_

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

There is mounting evidence that suggests Jets fans simply can't cope with prosperity. The idea that we actually have a good QB just does not compute.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I had a bet for drinks all night with my cowboys friend. The bet was the Jets getting to 7 wins. I had a feeling for awhile they would get there this week, but this streak has proven me right early.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets' defense is honestly a terrible match-up for the Matt Cassel led Cowboys' offense. The Jets can stack the box vs. McFadden and still play man coverage with Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, and Williams if he returns. On the other side I think Dallas' D is okay, but the Jets' O is better. Not an easy win, but the Jets should be favored even on the road.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Revis = bye bye Dez

20. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Fitz played a hell of a game and is getting hot at the perfect time. The only negatives for him from the last game against the Titans is that he threw 2 bad passes that should've/could've been picked off. And his deep balls still are a little shakey but other then that he was str8 money $$$$. Let's keep it up bud!!