Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont think it looks bad. the wildcard is already a second chance to get in when you didnt earn it in your division. if we dont make it, it doesnt look bad, it looks like we blew it vs some bad teams, which we did. i think philly has every right to bein it over us if they make it

2. jerseyjay14

why is it "sensless" to go over the "myriad" (i.e. 3 scenarios) where the jets get in winning 2 of their last 3 games?

what is senseless is just throwing out the random opinion that we get in if we go 10-6.

let me lay out the "myriad" of scenarios for you:

if we go 10-6 we get in if and only if:

Pittsburg loses two of their last 3 games (broncos, ravens, browns)

or

KC loses two of their last 3 games (Ravens, Browns, Raiders)

or

Denver loses out (steelers, bengals, chargers) **

**we would have to beat NE and Buf for our 2 wins

3. jerseyjay14

at the bills and pats, will i assume just lay down for the jets. no bad blood there.

4. jerseyjay14

they are an average team in a league full of terrible pathetic horrible teams. they play really good defense and their qb doesnt make mistakes. they arent losing to bad teams like the browns or ravens.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

There's no way this team wins another game this year, they're a lock to finish 5-11. They're just not good.

Oh sorry, I thought this was 3 weeks ago. Seriously, who was the guy who posted that?

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Why is that reporter saying all we need to do is win 2 of the next 3 to lock up a playoff spot? Does he know something we don't?

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Cinci wins the tie breaker

8. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

I said 6-10, so I'm happily eating crow in that aspect.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Everyone has written us off..... No one has us in.Really annoying to listen to

10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that suck? 11-5 and miss the playoffs due to tiebreakers? Ugh

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  11. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Man the tiebreakers are not kind to us at all. We can't afford to lose to NE or the Bills at all. Both are absolute must wins.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

This might have been mentioned but if Denver losses out or even if we tie them at 11 and 5 who wins that tie breaker

13. John

John Active Member

Can we still win the AFC east I thought pats would have to lose every game including last night? But it says they just clinched a playoff birth if they some how lose to the Titans it will get really interesting

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The only way we win the AFC east is if they lose out and we win out

They play Tennessee next week and will hang 50 on them so...not happening.

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

They have the strength of victory tie breaker over us so they just clinched the division for all intents and purposes.

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Ok this should help.. Just pulled this off of GangGreenNation.. I do not take credit for this but it looks like it sorts out the possibilities.

Okay here’s the best way to sort this out (for now, at least!). And please note: this is assuming the Patriots clinch the division — which would happen tonight if the Giants beat Miami.
    (I am not including potential tie games in these scenarios):

If the Jets win out and finish 11-5, they will make playoffs if any ONE of the following occur:
    One Pittsburgh loss, OR one Kansas City loss OR two Denver losses OR three Cincinnati losses.

If the Jets finish 10-6, and the loss is to Dallas, they will make the playoffs if any ONE of the following occur:
    One Pittsburgh loss, OR two Kansas City losses, OR three Denver losses.

If the Jets finish 10-6 and the loss is to New England or Buffalo, the Jets will make the playoffs if any ONE of the following occur:
    Two Pittsburgh losses, OR two Kansas City losses, OR three Denver losses.

If the Jets finish 9-7, losing to Dallas and New England, they will make the playoffs if the following occur:
    Two Pittsburgh losses OR three Kanas City losses AND one Oakland loss.

If the Jets finish 9-7, losing to Dallas and Buffalo, they will make the playoffs if the following occur:
    Two Pittsburgh losses OR three Kanas City losses AND one Buffalo loss AND one Oakland loss.

That’s it, to the best of my knowledge. Denver losing to Oakland yesterday is intriguing. If the Broncos lose to Pittsburgh Sunday, it is bad for the Jets. But if they lose again the following week to Cincinnati (albeit with Dalton apparently out for the regular season), that would open the door for the Jets to win out and steal the 6th seed from Denver on the conference record tiebreaker, assuming KC wins out and wins the AFC West. Ironically, if the Patriots had defeated Denver a few weeks ago in the game with all those disputed calls, the Jets would have been in control of their own destiny right now! But as it is, the Jets need to keep winning, and need some help.

17. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

The exact same scenarios/identical posts keep getting posted every 2 pages. Sticky the post above to stop the madness!!

18. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I said t before in this thread, there is no way KC runs the table and wins 10 games in a row to finish their season. Not that good of a team. The should have lost to SD. Will lose at least one to Oakland, i could see them losing on the road to Baltimore also.

NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  19. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Looking at their past schedule , they really are the perfect example of benefiting from playing another team at the right time.

Got to face PIT w/o Roethlisberger , Denver with Peyton playing at about 25 percent health , Chargers are in shambles. Even their game this week they'll most likely be facing Jimmy Clausen.

Not to say their winning streak isnt impressive , especially all of it coming since their best offensive player went down , but they've gotten a lot of breaks along the way.

I also could see them losing in Baltimore though. But considering they are still alive for their division , it would be a huge letdown if they got tripped up there.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

We need to win out and we need Pitt, or KC to lose one. Playoffs have begun.

TNJet likes this.