Week 15: New York Jets (8-5) at Dallas Cowboys (4-9)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Dec 13, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

TJ yates tore us apart and he is also a scrub trash backup. and dallas has a better defense then them. we should win, but we certainly shouldnt be heavily favored and could easily lose

2. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I had the Bills game on my iPad while watching the Jets. The difference in the teams was striking. Every other play, the Bills were committing penalties, they were running around after good plays with ridiculous celebrations, and they would hang there heads after bad plays. Then you have the DC shouting at the refs.

I know things are easy when you win, but the Jets act like a professional football team now. It's so nice to not have a team anymore that should show up in a clown car.

nycarl likes this.
  3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Sure the whole "any given Sunday" thing applies. Or in this case , Saturday.

But we are coming in on a roll. Something we weren't on going into the Houston game.

I'm usually not very confident with road games but I've watched a lot of Dallas this year. Even with Romo they were average. Without him they are horrible. Dez has been reduced to an average WR. And decent targets like Williams and Beasley have become non-existent.

As long as Fitz doesnt turn into Sanchez I think we'll get out of there with a W.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from, but this is a very different team right now. Fitz had a melt down that game and our entire team looked out of sync.

Since that game, Fitz has been on fire. Ivory seems to have found his legs again. Revis is healthy. Powell is back and is a huge threat out of the backfield.

Not to mention, playoffs are fully on the line right now. There is no room for error.

I said it would be an easy win against Tennessee and people said the same thing. We destroyed Tennessee yesterday, in every part of the game. I see us doing the same to Dallas. Dallas is a bad team.

5. jerseyjay14

this isnt an any given sunday scenario... we arent some jauggernaut and huge favorite. i also dont buy into the coming in on a roll thing. last time we were on a roll we lost 4 out of 5 games.

we need to get ahead early, if we get behind or its close i think they win. i think you also undersell their defense. i think we will really struggle to score points. i see us winning 14-9 or something like that, but any mistakes could flip that into a loss

6. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Haha. It's fine if you use that technicality, but it won't matter anyway. We all know what you based your bet on as you even said it in that very post. You were banking on Fitz playing himself out of the job or winning less than 8. Hope you enjoy the next 3 weeks.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Dallas is not the best matchup for us considering their solid D line and secondary. Winters will be a turnstile all day.

Fitz needs to stick with the intermediate routes with Decker (get the ball out quickly) and no more risky lobs down the field. Stick with what works and don't press matters with the Cowboys D. Screen game is crucial. We need Ridley/Powell to play a big role. Get them in space.

Revis on Dez all day.

This will be a tough grind. Mark my words. We'll have trouble moving the ball on them and they'll have trouble doing the same to us. 16-10 Jets

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Dallas does have a solid defense. Its really the only reason they arent losing 40-7 every week.

And yeah it will most likely be a struggle just because the Jets never really make it easy..especially in back to back weeks.

But I dont think the game will be in question in the 4th quarter either.

Jets 24-14

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I know the stats would show differently but Fitzpatrick actually wasn't on fire yesterday. He was very erratic actually. I wouldn't say he played his best game by any means.

I was very worried about him early in that game. 1st drive he should've been intercepted on like his second pass, then he missed a wide open Marshall with a poor pass. The whole 1st half he was inaccurate for the most part just hitting wide open receivers.

The receivers deserve the lions share of credit for yesterday. Decker was doing an amazing job running his routes. His TD was textbook. He followed that up with a nice route the next drive for the wide open 20 yard catch and run. Marshall obviously played a tremendous game as well. That one FG drive Fitzpatrick skied a couple passes but was bailed out by the short toss to Marshall who ran and stiff armed the guy for a key first down.

and then there was the dumpoff screen TD where Powell had the catch and run and then there was the big play where Tennessee wasn't ready....

I really don't think Fitzpatrick was all that sharp yesterday. The stats are deceiving. Its not bashing him its actually encouraging that the team can dominate without the QB being on top of his game because I really don't think he was.

NYJetsO12, LAJet, twown and 2 others like this.
  10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I am starting to build cautious confidence in this team. I would've thought for sure they would play down to the Titans but they took care of business.

The Cowboys are pretty terrible. I'm fairly confident that we will do the same this saturday.

deerow84 and JetLifeLo like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Even during the 1-4 stretch, nothing crazy from Florham Pk. Level headed professionals work there now. I heard Rex's post game presser and you'd swear it was 2014 again. Same excuses, same mea culpas, same shit, different uni.

nycarl, bartscott and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Another difference maker: Bullock. the guy has a much stronger leg than Folk and seems to be pretty damn accurate.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yates did not tear us apart. 220 yards at 47% is not tearing us apart at all lol. We just couldn't score or get much of anything going. Came out flat. It happens. Our defense aint nothing to fuck with.

14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Defense is now finally starting to buy in and play as a unit..

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

finally played a complete game... besides the trip up on that trick play. Still got to get Marcus Williams back.. and NOT playing safety lol

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  16. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

We might have to win out to reach the playoffs considering the way KC and Pittsburgh have been playing. Every game is a must win to keep pace for the wild card. Give me 9-5 heading into a showdown with the Patriots the following week.

17. jerseyjay14

i agree with this. half his yards and 2 of this 3 touchdowns came on 2 plays:

the screen to powell, where powell and the blocking did most of the work
    the TD to marshallw here the titans decided not to come on the field and play defense

he wasnt awful, but he was certainly shaky. probably should have been picked a couple times. he did settle in though later on

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. Mentioned it to my son early on. But he didn't make STUPID mistakes, and when he missed, he missed where he should have missed. Later I thought he settled in a bit and played better. It was good to see that we could still win big like that when Fitz was sputtering a little. This team is playing for each other right now and playing like a team. It has been a L-O-N-G time since we have seen that. I like where this team is right now......and they are getting better every week.

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

We just need to keep this pace we have going on. We should handle Dallas finely. Hoping Marcus is back too to add the extra boost to the secondary.

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'd say it's possible we win out but it's going to be tough to beat the Pats. I'd be happy enough beating the Cowboys and Bills. If a 10 win season doesn't get us into the playoffs that's just shitty luck.

bartscott likes this.