Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

It's going to come down to the last game isn't it? Us or Toe Sucker Mcgee....

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This is an amazing simulator. I did the simulator for all 4 weeks and if we win 3 out of 4 the one loss must be the Cowboys presuming as I did that the Steelers lose this week and win the next 3 and the Chiefs win the next 4. I also presumed that if we go 2-2 we are out and if we win all 4 we are in at least in my own mind. Also, picked the bills to win except us. The first one is my run and the second is the start

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...buf-nyj-17=loss&cle-pit-17=loss&kc-oak-17=win

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/upshot/2015-nfl-playoff-simulator.html?team=nyj

#602 sec314, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

It's cuz after enduring like 8 weeks of 1-2 catches for 20 yards I finally dropped Maclin on all my fantasy teams. Alex Smith saw that and was like "haha, now I'm gonna start throwing it to the WR, 2 TD's per game bitch!" That jerk.

NY Jets68 and NYJ79 like this.
  4. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Chiefs 7-5--------- Should win against a bad Chargers team at home.
    Jets 7-5 -------- Should win against a bad Titans team at home.
    Steelers 7-5 ------- Bengals on the road, hopefully bengals win.
    Bills 6-6 --------- Hopefully Chip and the Eagles stay hot against the AFC east and shut up McCoy.
    Colts 6-6 -------- Bortles on the road.
    Texans 6-6 ------- Pats on Sunday night at home. The division isn't going to happen for us so Brady breaking an arm in a pats win is the goal here.

Brook! likes this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So we're likely looking at:

Chiefs 8-5
    Jets 8-5
    Steelers 7-6
    Bills 6-7
    Colts 6-7
    Texans 6-7

I could live with that.

_

Brook!, Axel3419 and DoubleDecker87 like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's funny. We're looking at the other teams' remaining games and going like "Pitt gonna lose to the Bengals, we're in!!!" blah blah blah.

Those fans gotta be looking at the Jets' remaining games (Dallas, Pats and Bills) and be pretty happy for themselves too.

However you look at it, Pitts gotta lose their tough games and the Jets gotta win theirs.

7. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

The Bengals look good and Brockos are definatly one of the 3 'elite' AFC teams so you got to figure them as probable winners. So just give me a win against the Titans and even if we shit the bed into week 17 we'll still be playing at 8-7 to get in against the 9-6 Bills & 8-7 Steelers and possibly a 9-6 Texans/Colts.

8. Gremlin

Geno prolly would of beat the Pats to spite us anyways and then the bots would have something other then the Miami game to hang their fantasies on.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The odds are very strong that we are mathematically eliminated going into week 17 at 8-7. There are scenarios where we are mathematically eliminated going in at 9-6 and also where we are 10-5 going in and win and are eliminated anyway.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I think the Jets, Bills, and Colts win. I see the Texans losing. I can't see NE losing again. Pitt vs Cin is a tossup that could go either way.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The Jets play a 3-9 team, a 4-8 team and then the Pats and you think the odds are very strong we lose 2 of those games? What scares you more about Dallas, their bottom of the league offense or their middling D?

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I should have put it this way: if the Jets are 8-7 going into week 17 the odds are very strong they are mathematically eliminated going into the weekend.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That I will agree with, I just think they will be 9-6 at worst. I know we are all used to the Jets folding when they need to win, i am hoping that is in the past.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Nothing stopping the Jets from going on a nice run here. They are a veteran team that is getting healthy and just need the defense to step up their game a bit and become elite like they should. There is always a surprise team that gets hot this time of year. Why not the Jets?

16. Gremlin

Only if the Jills are at 9-6 would we be mathmatically out of it short of the Steelers going on a similar win streak. We might be looking for the Texans to win their division and the Browns to somehow beat the Steelers but at the start of the day we'd still be alive.

Would ofc feel much better at 9-6 or better but unless the NFC East suddenly stops being trash it looks like the last game is going to be a biggie!

17. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

As they should be. Next two games are against really bad teams. If they lose two of the next three, they should not be in playoffs.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Given all the tiebreaker scenarios in AFC Its all about AFC wins apparently and having KC and Pitt lose AFC games IMO

Facts: Jets have 3 AFC opponents and one NFC
    Steelers 4 AFC opponent
    KC 4 AFC opponents

Both KC nd Pitt could potentially lose to 4 AFC opponents. Jets can afford(?) a NFC Dallas loss

Odds: IMO KC has a 75% chance of winning all 4. Their hardest games are a road trip to Baltimore and Oakland at home. Easiest is Brownies at home
    IMO Pitt has a 25% chance of winning their remaining four. They have difficult games against Cincy away, Denver at home, away at Baltimore (always a rivalry). Easiest is the color of sh*t browns (away) who will overhaul their whole CS

We have to pray Oakland can beat KC or get lucky with weather eg raining hard today in KC or they prob run the table. With Pitt they definitely drop 1 game mayebe 2 (Cincy, Denver, Balt will all be hard). It sickens me how the talking heads see Rapingburger and Steelers "the team no one wants to play". Looks like Jets have a better chance of holding off the Steelers and sharing WC with big fat Andy R and the Chief

Jets: We have 3 games that matter. Titans, NE, and Buff. IMO we have a 40% of winning all three. The odds go higher to 50 or 60 percent if NE and Buff suffer signif injuries eg SWatson, Brady, Gronk and grrr Amendola always a game breaker. Which leads me to how the team will fight for Bowles....and play "over our heads" against two very tough opponent NE and Buff ....We gotta get lucky and push the envelope. we lost by 7 to the Pats and 5 to to the Bills. They are both winnable IMO. Also if Pitt has 2 loses not 1 I may be wrong but that helps us

Go Bengals!

Go Chargers!

Go JETS!

#618 NYJetsO12, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Axel3419 likes this.
  19. JStokes

I could definitely see the Raiders beating the Chiefs. The other 3 look like shoe ins.

The Bengals HAVE to beat Pitt. If the Steelers beat that team I'm going to start getting worried.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. JStokes

Wow KC is the biggest favorite today giving 11 to SD.

I guess hoping for a miracle out of Rivers would be hoping for too much.

_