Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Go back about 16 pages if you want to read some overconfident BS, then see the reactions after we lost to Houston. "Close this thread", "Might as well start tanking" "We're done" etc. We are primed for a typical Jets let down, but something tells me this group could be special. One week at a time - Do that and the playoffs will take of themselves.

Brook! likes this.
  2. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Yup. Lots of Jets fans are straight up bipolar lol. Superbowl contenders to worst team in the NFL in a 1 week span.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So now a rookie season lasts less than a season?

Pure stupidity.

Where's Leonard Williams? It's far enough into the season that he should be playing like a 3rd year player! WTF!?

Big Cat and Cman68 like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Typical these days Byz... typical...

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

One of the biggest decisions of the offseason is going to be whether or not we pick up Williams' 5th year option for his second season.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We don't control our destiny at this point. We're 6th seed because we're 5-4 in the conference and the Steelers are 4-4. However the best we can finish there is 8-4 and that would only match the Steelers at 8-4 if we both won out. The next tie-breaker is common games and if we both win out we will be 3-2 in games against common opponents and the Steelers will be 4-1. Then we're out if KC also won out.

7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

You're a joke man. A joke. That makes absolutely no sense and you sound utterly ridiculous. Welcome to the blinders of homerism.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If it does, I might head to Buffalo for the game. How is the experience over there? Any harassment to Jet fans?

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

There can be....I was there for a couple of games. The 2010 game was a Jets blowout and there weren't too many issues as I was down by the Jets bench and most of the stadium was chanting " Lets go Sabres". However at the 2008 Brett Favre game I saw several fights and a lot more drunks......DO NOT sit in the rock pile section whatever you do...

Also on Jan 3 you will be frozen by the end of the first quarter.....

10. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

We could end up like the Eagles the last couple of years...the Steelers to me look like a Superbowl team they will make it to the playoffs the Chiefs? the look really good too but can they maintain their positive turnover margin all their remaining games? we will see...I just hope we can win at least 3 of the next 4...but most likely we will need to win out to make the playoffs...

I like what I saw against the Giants...they always play us tougher than their own division rivals...suddenly in the 1st half their defense looked like a top 5 D...This team has potential to make some noise...I really hope they maintain the focus...all the 4 games left are pretty tough...even the Titans wont roll over...

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I was outlining the various scenarios for my nephew who is a Steeler's fan.

Basically at 11-5 against anybody for a playoff spot the Jets have very poor odds to get in, maybe nil. At 10-6 against the Steelers they get in if the Jets only loss is to the Cowboys. If they lose to anybody else then the Steelers again have the tie-breaker. At 10-6 against the Chiefs they lose on conference record, period. The Chiefs are already 6-2 in the AFC and will finish with 9 conference wins if they wind up 10-6. At 9-7 they beat the Steelers unless they win against the Cowboys. The Chiefs beat the Jets at 9-7 no matter what.

So while it seems like the Jets are in the 6 seed right now I believe they are actually in the 7 seed if you look at all the scenarios in play and they will have to play very well down the stretch and also hope for at least 3 more combined Steelers and Chief losses. If they win out then it only takes 1 loss between the Steelers and the Chiefs to basically clinch a playoff spot. If they go 3-1 they really need the 3 losses between the two teams they are fighting for that 6 slot.

Edit: and I just realized that if the Jets go 10-6 they'll make it if either the Steelers or the Chiefs split their last 4. So really they just need one of those teams to lose 2 games in the last month to dramatically improve their chances, however they have to go 3-1 also to make that happen.

#551 Br4d, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Jay Bizniss and LIJetsFan like this.
  12. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

'I agree with this'...thats what should have been the first words to my post...I just did not include them...

Yep...I was even surprised to find out we have the 6th seed...our losses to Oakland/Bills/Texans are just too much we need to win out and have alot of breaks...

Br4d likes this.
  13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Jets vs Bills 1 is irrelevant. The rematch in the season finale is all that matters to either team now.

Jay Bizniss and Bills over Jets like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

On pro football focus that POS Mike Florio sees the "jets imploding down the stretch"

How good will it feel making those talking heads look like retards if we continue to win..

I am sure players hear this sh*t and hopefully get psyched

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they are like fucking cavemen there

Brook! likes this.
  16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

We're still the Jets but, kind of an odd prediction to make after one of the most important, emotional regular season wins in team history and Tennessee coming up at home

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Rooting Interests for week 14

Jets over Titans (duh)

Bengals over Steelers - A must. Jets need this to control their own destiny

Chargers over Chiefs - Not bloody likely but we still have to hope. Chiefs are due for a hiccup. One of the Chiefs or Steelers need to lose coupled with a Jets win to control our own destiny

Texans vs Patriots - As long as we win either outcome can benefit us. Patriots win, that pretty much rubs out the Texans for good. Texans win and we win, well we still lead the Texans in the wild card, but now we creep closer in the division with 10-3 New England and 8-5 us (with a home game vs. N.E. left to play, our last home game of the season)

Packers over Cowboys - Why is this game even here? Gotta hope the Cowboys lose so they're demoralized when we play them in Dallas just before Christmas.

Eagles over Bills - Snuffs out and demoralizes the Bills pretty much.

Dolphins vs. Giants - ugh. Actually I wouldn't mind pulling for Miami in this one to further the Giants slide

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don;t see the Chiefs losing. The Steelers have 2 tough games. But so do we.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Jets made Tyrod look like a pop warner quarterback. The game changed drastically when the Jets decided to let a rookie receiver who hasn't returned a kickoff since high school take back a kick and cough it up for a TD. Who knows how the game would have went if that didn't happen. I would say they were "outcouched" more than they were "outplayed" which is embarrassing considering how bad Rex was that night. Just not a good day for Bowles.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

maybe.... maybe not ... Buffalo loses Sunday in Philly they'll have 7 losses and Jets vs. Bills II will just be playing out the string for them. It could be the same for the Jets too but we'd have to lose 2 before the game becomes irrelevant. That game could become irrelevant for Buffalo by 4:30 this sunday afternoon