WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

jxc likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Coming into the game I was meh about the game. It was just the next game on the schedule which we needed to win to stay in the playoff hunt. I find it hard to get wild up over non-divisional opponents, even worse, non-conference. However, once the Giants players very early started excessively celebrating after every mundane play plus all the extracurricular stuff initiated by them, I suddenly found myself wanting this win as bad as a playoff game against the Pats. From the start the Giants were acting as if they were the little brother begging for attention; I thought that was suppose to be us.

NYJetsO12, Big Cat and slimjasi like this.
  4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Agree. Nothing pissed me off more than the Colon penalty, because I thought Cromartie (in blue) clearly instigated that.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

What. A. Fucking. Game, ladies and gents..

I was there today, just got home after a great victory tailgate with my old man. What a day.

Honestly, screw all of those Giants "fans" that gave me and my dad shit today for most of the game. Telling me Curtis Martin will always go down as a Pat (I wore my 28 jersey today) and Mo Lewis wasn't any good except for knocking out Bledsoe(my dad has his kelly green 57 jersey). They are whiney, entitled, spoiled, obnoxious, douchey, prick, assholes. I loved the clowns leaving right after we tied the game. Or the others that started to leave when we went up 23-20.
    Loved starting J-e-t-s chant in parking lot with a few older gents before the game and the chant in 337 I started after we won. The look on the Midgets fans faces were priceless.

Now getting on to the actual game....
    Fitz was a crazy man today. Put this team on his back and carried us to victory. Marshall was a stud. Great game from Powell, too. Our secondary killed me today with the huge plays to OBJ and TYE. Our special teams are absolute trash. Horrible to give up that return to Harris on the score. AND scared me in OT when he took the ball 40 yards on the kickoff after our FG.

Great win, get ready for Mariota and Tennessee next week. They're good on the road..

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Exactly how I felt. The Giants, especially JPP, came out fired up. I wanted this game 20x more while watching it than I did during the week.

7. slimjasi

Two moronic statements.

8. MexicanJet

What wanted me and my dad to win the game more than anything was just being there surrounded by their "fans" douchebags.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. MexicanJet

We literally laughed in the guy's face..

10. slimjasi

Good to hear. I mean, if you are going to pick on an opposing teams's fan, why talk out of your ass? There is plenty of legitimate stuff to make fun of when it comes to the Jets, no need to make shit up. LOL.

11. jxc

jxc Active Member

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yes Curtis Martin will always be thought of as a Pat for the three years he spent there compared to the EIGHT here. Just like Revis will be thought of as a Pat and not a Jet cause he spent all of one year there :p

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah including JPP and his clubbing nonsense. I thought any kind of headslap was supposed to be illegal, much less one aided by a cast. So he's getting handicapped sympathy from the refs?

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Complete BS. He should have been ejected.

Giacommini should be allowed to hit him with his "club" since we won

15. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

can anyone explain to me why obj didn't get a penalty for taking his helmet off in the endzone when he dropped the td pass (i believe pryor knocked the ball out)

16. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I believe he got hurt on that play and didn't finish what was left of the half. So, it may have technically been an injury timeout.

17. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I gotta say too, Cromartie did a pretty good job on his side of the field. Not that Rueben Randle is any kind of world beater. He's had his nice games this year, but I don't recall him even having a catch.

After half-time, i noticed Cro manned up on OBJ a few times and was biting my fingernails. Turns out, he did a decent job on him there too.

Overall a very good game by the D only letting up 13 actual points.

Side Note: Our punt coverage team has been horrendous all year, the Specials coach better get his stuff together or fired mid-season.

Big Cat and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

punt coverage was bad but on the return the punt itself was the problem. It was a line drive with no hang time for the coverage team to even get down the field.

19. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Felt like our D gave up 10 points with the Ivory fumble.

20. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

Congrats on the win.

Wow, strange game. Glad you pulled it out. Good luck the rest of the year.

The only common opponent outside of your division left is the Cowboys. I don't want to waste my breath on those guys. Especially with us needing to beat their ass tonight.

So if I don't drop by. Good luck, stay healthy. And all the best to you and your families.

Cheers

Vahncase, Big Cat and Brook! like this.