WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He said Coughlins ass is on the line for next five games

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I'm quietly confident. While Manning to OBJ can be lethal, there is no reason why we can't move the ball at will against them. They are quite literally the worst defense we'll play this year, and the worst overall in football. They have no answer for Decker and Marshall and I can see D. Smith beating them deep. And their run D is no great shakes either and they have no pass rush.

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I love MJD (Maurice Jones-Drew)! Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...arshall-ill-retire-once-jets-are-done-with-me

Don't necessarily ignore the article but it's the video that comes with it. MJD predicts the Jets blow out the Giants... First I've heard that one. Of course, this was recorded earlier as well because he said OBJ was going to be on Revis Island....which isn't happening. But I agree with MJD. If the Jets take care of business and bring it like last week...this could be a blow out. Especially if "bad" Eli Manning shows up.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hate the Giants but I like Coughlin. His answer to Rex is still one of my favorites. I use it time to time.

"Talk is cheap, money buys the whiskey"

I like Coughlin but I hope we will end his career. He accomplished too much already. Let him go and enjoy his retirement. Go Jets. End the Giants' season.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Definitely not confident!!! Confidence didn't work so well in 2011. Giants hold all the moral cards, and with St. Wellington looking down on them from heaven, I would hate to fool around with karma LOL

I hope the Jets relative silence is an indication that talk is cheap, (as Coughlin said) ...Play the game.

I know Bowles & crew weren't here for 2011, so supposedly, its not that big a deal for them. But we're watching the games...we live with the consequences.

I hope we are not in for another flat performance. But I do get the sense that MacCaggnan would be a good poker player, so maybe that's the organization's stance.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I would love to pretend that I'm confident for this game. But, I'm just not. I have a bad feeling about it. I hate that the Jets are favored. I hate that the Giants are coming off a huge loss and the Jets are coming off a huge win. I hate that our secondary is suddenly so banged up. I hate that people are talking about Fitz and Marshall potentially breaking franchise records. I just hate the feel of this game, and gun to my head, I think we lose. I want to be wrong so badly. So badly. Please win this game, Jets. Please.

JetmanJosh and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Interesting quote
    Wellington Mara was more of a jerk than people know. He called the Jets Super Bowl win a fluke and was steadfastly against the merger because he didn't think puny teams like the Jets and Raiders belonged in the NFL. The guy carried himself with class yes but I always felt they wished the Jets away.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To wish upon a star and the football Gods.

It's time for us to re gain the strong running game of the first two weeks. I want to see more than Ivory running with the rock. I want to see us throwing a lot more short passes to our receivers out of the back field. I want to open up the passing lanes by establishing a strong run first. I want to absolutely gas their defense. I want for the Jets to send a message for 90 minutes.

Defensively, make Sunday a living hell for Eli. Odell can have his catches after we are up by more than 20.
    Above all, I want our special teams to honor the name special for a change, and pin the Giants into horrific field position.
    I wish for the colors in the stands to be dominated by green and the predominant chant Jets, Jets, Jets.
    I wish for the Jets to win this game in a land slide.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this is gonna be a tough game for the jets despite what many talking heads are saying. most folks i hear are saying the jets should win.....
    Huh?? we aren't the healthiest team right now and the jints are getting a boost to their OL. this doesn't bode well especially with the all world WR they have.
    of course i am a glass half empty with this team but i will be surprised if the jets win sunday.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Redone threat ala JJ Watt?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Thank God someone else sees him for what he was. A rich fop who didn't know how to run a football team. The Giants record after Jack Mara died in '65, and the Jets zooming past them with Namath, corresponds to Wellington's "brilliant" leadership. His resentfulness of the Jets late 60s success lead to a spree of bad personnel and coaching decisions which lasted for almost 20 years. His battles with Jack's son Tim embarrassed the league. The NFL had to essentially kick him out out of the GM position and it was only by virtue of the Giants being handed over to George Young that they were able to turn their fortunes around. Wellington Mara wanted the Jets moved to Memphis as a condition of the merger and only relented when he required the Jets to pay a yearly indemnity for 20 years,. The Giants had always beaten back all comers ( Brooklyn Dodgers, Staten Island Stapletons, New York Bulldogs, the AAFC teams) and couldn't take it when the Jets zoomed past them after Namath. His designation as classy always made me laugh. To me he looked dumb and clueless. Of course you know I refer to him as "St Wellington " only on the highest sarcastic level.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good post. You should post here in TGG on a regular basis. It's nice hearing something positive about the Jets! Good luck with your season.

Is RG3 worth pursuing in the off season?

audible_red40 likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Please note: TGG is not a forum for the feeble minded to confess their fears of losing to an inferior team.

14. JetmanJosh

JetmanJosh Member

It seems like an appropriate time for the Jets to surge...win and own NY and then keep on rollin'!!

15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

True, but one thing has been bothering me this whole week. The Jets win one game against a weak Dolphins team and its back to happy talk. Snacks saying they found a weakness in Eli's mechanics, Bowles saying its Fitz' time and he just needed to find a home, things like that. I mean string a few wins in a row for chrissakes.

Going4TheGreen and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

17. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

In a recent interview Marshall said he doesn't rely on speed and that he usually doesn't get much in the way of separation. He instead relies on his size and body leverage as a playmaker. So, hopefully he'll still be functioning close to optimal.

18. Footballgod214

anyone know a good Giants board? would like to read some of their pre-game comments....

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Living in my corner of South Jersey, there's very few huge football fans. It's completely weird. But boy were the Giants fans out today talking mad shit. Even the Eagles fans weren't this vocal going into Week 3.

20. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You can't be real. If he was really severely hurt, you think he's posting that? He's fine.