Pryor is really good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sanchize0829, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Its weird his top picks are amazing and the rest was crap. I have to admit, I thought Pryor was going to be a bust.

donkey likes this.
  2. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I'm getting a Pryor jersey for sure.

Royal Tee and JetLifeLo like this.
  3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

and to think of all the jets fans proclaiming him a bust halfway through last year and even this year at one point. THIS IS WHY YOU GIVE ROOKIES TIME.

Imagine you started a job in your field at a bigger and faster moving company, and before you had a chance to get familiar with the speed and pace and your surroundings, your boss was writing you up, and gave you a final warning. Would be kinda ridiculous no?

#83 TurkJetFan, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    socaljetfan likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Doing it 'just right' without getting flagged. It's almost impossible in today's pass-friendly NFL. Add multiple broken ribs and it's amazing.

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Drafting the best player on the board vs. trying to fill needs.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

so you've only seen 3 Jet games in the last 2 years, yet you go on to talk about adjustments being made or not made mid-game, missed assignments, etc?
    how would you know?

on a side note...might be time to spring for the NFL ticket.

#86 BacktoQueens, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Doing it just right is a way to put it. If a defense can land those hits 1..2..3 times a game those arms of those receivers just might turn into alligator arms

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

This.

Declaring a rookie a bust after 1 season is absolutely crazy and ludicrous. It's why some people shouldn't be declaring that Devin Smith is already a bust.

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

anybody who watched him at louisville or took the time to watch his game film (not just highlights) knew what we were in for.

One of many players sabotaged under Rex Ryan.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't "go on to talk about missed assignments" or issues that one can only know from watching the game. If/when I do speak to one of those issues I'll quote a poster who has spoken about it, and say something like, "If that's true...then." So I speak in generalities on those issues. With adjustments, that's easier to discuss, because I do read the game recaps at NFL.com, I read articles about the games, I'll read the game threads, and read the posts here that posters make. In those instances, I'm having to trust the media and posters, but when enough of them comment about the adjustments that were or were not made, and particularly when it's posters that I respect and trust, then I feel safe to discuss those issues, but again it's almost always in terms of generalities.

I can't afford NFL ticket. If I could, I would have already sprung for it.

11. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

I agree but understand the other side. We've seen way too many rookie WRs blow up recently, which is actually atypical, and even Stephen Hill had shown more than Devin Smith, and look how that ended up. But I think he will end up decent to very good.

12. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Pryor is the real deal. Any opposing receivers going over the middle have to be aware of him.

He is a bad ass, I'm happy to have him as a Jet.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Disagree. Hill always looked awkward out there, running or catching. Smith runs smooth like an athlete, like a football player. And he uses his hands to catch. Has he dropped balls? Sure, and so has Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, and other great receivers.

But Smith has that it factor that you can see when he plays. I think he has a bright future.

14. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Hill had 2 TDs in his first game. Smith barely got his first TD.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's just frustrating because of the influx of impact young receivers in the league. Martavis Bryant, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, Keenan Allen, and to a lesser extent Kenny Stills, Willie Snead, Terrance Williams, Michael Campanaro, Markus Wheaton, Marquess Wilson, and Marlon Brown have all been taken in the 2nd round or later (mostly 3rd-6th rounders or UDFA) and have been impact players for their squad. There's a fair amount of receivers in that time period that have also had slow starts to their career but it's become frustrating that our own 2nd round receiver has been nearly invisible all year. I do think he'll end up being a very good player, but it seems like it would happen to the Jets where we get a high drafted receiver whose progress is stunted thanks to a hospital pass from our shitty quarterback in training camp and then a slow start once he returned.

16. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Exactly. Smith is showing progression, Hill showed regression.