WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Yea and the HC game plans against oppenents. He doesn't leave it up to just his coordinators to scheme and gameplan. Bowles has just as much if not more of his hands on the defense as rodgers does.

It's like saying Bellicheck doesnt gameplan and scheme against opened for both offense and defense

max likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Anybody concerned about Steve Tischs comments

Will Giants win for Coughlin Sunday?

IMO they play well but fade down the stretch

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Marcus Williams updated to game-time decision.

4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I kind of am. They've saved Coughlins ass 3 times already. 2005, (Barber vs the Skins) 2007, and 2011. Eventually the well is going to run dry. But yea this is a ploy by the lordly Giants to light a fire under their team. Trouble is this Giants team is not even as good as those past mediocre clubs.

I just have a feeling Tom is retiring anyway with news of him selling his house

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He bought a smaller house in Wyckoff.

_

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Do we want Revis back for 'this' must win game, or for the next 4 must win games plus the playoffs?

7. NYJetsO12

Guess he went from $600 to $300,000 shack

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So your saying we need Revis more for the Titans and Cowboys two teams in shambles rather then the Giants with Eli Manning and the best wr in the league?Revis is the ony one on this team who can cover Beckham.If we lose this weekend its over ,the next 4 games won't matter

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

You can't ask a guy to play who's concussed and can't even sit through a media because his brain is still mush.

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually OBJ is the 3rd best WR in the league, behind Marshall and Decker :)

11. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I personally am not very confident about this game. It just seems like the Jets let us down everytime they seem to be moving in the right direction and can actually gain some ground in the playoff hunt.

When we lost to the Texans, everyone we needed to lose lost that weekend, bu we couldn't capitalize. I could see them coming out flat and just being a huge disappointment, although I hope I'm very wrong.

12. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

Hey guys, just here to read about your reactions and predictions pre Giants game. I am the Redskins fan who posted during our matchup with you guys. I do lurk message boards often, but rarely talk trash.

My take on the VaGiants, albeit biased because of being a divisional foe.

Giants could easily have more than 5 wins. Blowing late game leads, bad coaching, bad clock management. But IMO they're still overrated. Not sure a 5-6 team can be overrated, but people act like they could be 8-3 or 9-2. You are what you're record says you are. 5-6!

Jets "should" have no problem with this game. The Redskins just beat them totally shutting down their running game and making them one dimensional. But Giants suck at rushing, and Skins can't stop the run.....so whatever. Versus the pass and Eli. Redskins had an undrafted free agent wide receiver, Quinton Dunbar, playing corner, who played very well and got an INT. Also Will Blackmon, a free agent signing after week 1 because of injuries and suspensions, playing corner also got an INT. All opposite our best corner Breeland. We played a lot of DIME defense and cover 3. Outside of a blown coverage and amazing OBJ catch, the Giants didn't do much. Honestly you don't have to respect the rush as much as the pass.

We controlled the game that way because of our pass rush. Your d-line and front 7 is one of the best. Jets should have no problem exploiting that. Also not to mention, the Giants O-line is decimated by injuries. It's almost as bad as what the Redskins lined up against you guys earlier in the year. (not an excuse just a fact). If you can stop the rush with 3 or 4 down linemen and generate pressure, Eli will panic, close his eyes and throw. IMO, Jets should have no problem doing that.

Redskins ran the ball and used play-action to success. DJax score and M.Jones's long screen pass both came off play-action. Giants secondary is not that good. I know I am on record for saying Fitz is not that good, but I do also know he's a gamer and can play. I see no problem with the Jets running and throwing against the Giants.

Make no mistakes. That's it. You win!

This game might not be close, all in the Jets favour.

Good luck, stay healthy and kick their asses.......please!

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Hopefully Sunday was the start of a hot streak for Fitz, I think we might need to put up 27+ to win. Good thing the Giant defense is buns.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Thanks, good stuff. The Jets just held the Dolphins to 12 rushing yards (team record) on 9 carries, so I can definitely see the Giants abandoning the run early. It might be like the Jets-Patriots game, where they attempted 1 rush in the first half, not even bothering to test us. But can Eli carry his offense with 50+ pass attempts like Brady? I really don't think so. Manning is very mistake prone, so if you increase his sample size to 45+ throws he's bound to make a game breaking mistake, so I think it's key to establish early on that there won't be a running game for them on Sunday. However, that last sentence also reigns true if you replace "Manning" with "Fitzpatrick". The game might be decided by which team has to attempt less passes.

Hopefully you guys have sole possession of first by Monday.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Marcus Williams doubtful. Calvin Pace questionable. Revis out.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pace will play. However, have to depend on Cromartie, Skrine, Walls, McDougle and Milliner on Sunday. I wish Dee would be given a chance. He is needed this week. 1st Round pick.

17. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

I think this is Dee's opportunity. Between Skrine, Cro and Dee that should be enough. Our front seven really needs to show up.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What did he say?

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I have never seen so much talk coming out of the Giants side. And they are getting their old reteads to do it ( Taylor & O'Hara), not the guys who have to actually step on the field and play. Second String Head Cheerleader Gary Myers (Paul Dottino is first string) predicted a 27-17 victory two weeks ago. Now the Tisch comments. They are desperate to win this game. In retrospect, Rex's antics hurt us in the long run, but do we get the sense that the Jets understand that this game is just as important to us as to them. Are we going to see another flat performance?

20. NYJetsO12

It's Friday and I am already nervously excited over this game

Both my kids are Giant fans (grandfather in first marriage was big giants fan) and my wife is from Phil (Eagles)

This is like show me your for real game

The post by the Wash fan made me feel a bit better

Are most of you all uppity or quietly confident out there?

Endlessly Counting likes this.