WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

What Dwayne Harris CAN do is torch us in the return game though. We have to be spot on covering kick.

Also I'd like to finally see Ridley brought out of mothballs for this game, and maybe Cumberland targeted. Giants will not be keying on either that's for sure.

Big Cat likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Revis DNP again today with a concussion. I expected this. Revis did not get the nickname Mevi$ for nothing. He will wait until he is 100% healthy to return. He is not going to risk anything to his long term health. That would affect his future contracts. So I could see Revis out against Miami, New York and Tennessee. Maybe return against Dallas. Just who he is.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  3. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

This is such an embarrassing post.

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

He couldn't come back if he tried. Independent concussion protocol.

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

its a concussion, he might not even be able to return if he wanted to.

6. The Dark Knight

Seems a little harsh. I was just thinking about Ben Roethlisberger, who was concussed on Sunday and then back at practice today. I guess every player is different.
    Yeah, I forgot about the NFL Protocol thing now.
    Yeah, I was not thinking about the new rules.

7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

No worries. However, you ever make it to the Orlando area for a Jets game.....drinks on me :)

8. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I'm sure the majority of the concussion protocol 10 days after the fact is patient feedback. It's not like there is a brain scan that shows a concussion.

I'm not there and know nothing of the situation, but I think if a player really wanted to play, he probably could make that happen.

LIJetsFan and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't really see what's so outlandish about this post, but he better be back versus Tennessee. Obviously all concussions are different but it certainly raises a red flag knowing who the player is, if he's out a month with a concussion, which players seldom are.

It has to be easy to fail the concussion testing if you wanted to.

LIJetsFan and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Ummmmm yeah...????

Protocol or not, it's not a bruised vagina that he's sitting out for its his brain..

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

Haha yeah, it was not a popular post.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean given that the player agreed to participate in a 60 minutes dialed up to solely display how he schemes best to make money, your claims make sense.

It's just impossible to know for sure without being behind the scenes, but we as fans are of course going to speculate.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We really need Revis badly for this one......I'm praying he makes it

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, if someone else drives me home, that could be a very expensive offer. But thanks for it.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding too pessimistic, what with Williams also limited, Revis being out is not good timing. Eli still is the strength of the Giants team, and he's talented enough to find and exploit a hole in the secondary. The option of doubling Beckham is problematic given the difficulty Jets linebackers have in coverage, since taking a safety to cover Beckham leaves more of an opening over the middle.

Giants fans I know mostly shake their heads at their team this year, but I am far from sure they are a good matchup for the Jets if Revis is out.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was an outlandish post because we're talking about a player's brain here.

also I don't understand how sitting out with a concussion helps him make more money....if all he cared about was making money and scheming to make more money, sitting out of games doesn't help that end goal, I would argue it accomplishes the opposite

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

If it's Thursday and he still can't get on the field then it will be a miracle if he plays. He isn't playing. We just have to hope Marcus Williams is

Is it possible he wakes up tomorrow and feels a shit-ton better? Sure...but it's looking like this wasn't any ol concussion. Different people take to concussions in different ways. You have guys in hockey who have had 5+ who "recover" and keep going (granted who knows how they'll feel when they're 50) yet there are some guys who get concussed once and can't get back on the ice at all

Revis may just be a slow recoverer with these things

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Revis should sit. We don't need him for this game, and if he plays and gets another concussion this soon, he could be out the rest of the season.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  19. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Kansas City is the hottest team in the AFC...not sure why you assume a split with Oakland...and the Chargers game will be easy for them at home considering they've already smoked them in SD

20. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

No offense, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read here. I wouldn't risk my ability to function for the rest of my life for my job and I wouldn't expect Revis to either.