Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

10-6 is the aim, difficult as it is to attain. lets assume we beat everybody but NE.

We're gonna want KC and PIT to hit a brick wall in general. HOU can keep winning as long as they beat IND

BUF is a non factor as long as we beat them week 17.

donkey likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

4 of our next five are critical. I think we can beat the Giants, Titans and Cowboys pretty soundly.

BUF is going to be a BIG game.

If we beat NE we'd be really set to make a deep run IMO, but let's take it one at a time.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Beating Rex may be the biggest game we've had in years.... I'm not 100 per cent sure, but if I have to go to New Orleans to buy a Mojo Hand to hex that SOB I will!

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I hope NE clinches the number 1 seed before week 16. Sit Gronk, have the Pats going through the motions while the Jets play for a playoff spot and revenge against a rival.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

9-7 would be outstanding and likely give us a playoff berth.

Pitt has zero defense and ailing quarterback. Stick a fork in the Steelers they are done. I think they will finish 8-8

KC is going to get the 5th seed, unless the Raiders have anything to say about it (they play twice); softest schedule the rest of the way though; albeit all AFC match-ups; No more NFC teams on their schedule. I think KC will get to 10 wins and lock up the number 5 spot.

Houston has all AFC teams the rest of the way too, no NFC teams left on the schedule. They can get to 9 wins (not sure who would own the tie breaker..us or them?)...I can also see Houston slipping one and finishing 8-8 which would be beautiful @Buf and then home against NE either 1-1 or 0-2...I can't see them winning both of those...then they play everyone in their division again...have to figure they drop one of the divisional games at least.

Indy will most likely get the AFC south, earning 10 wins. Their schedule is soft the rest of the way through...they also only face AFC opponents.

It would be ideal if KC and Houston would implode.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

JV28. Roth must be made out of rubber, he got his foot stepped on and bent the other way and stayed in the game, got a concussion and played the whole series, plus numerous other injuries this year, he's a throwback. I wish he would share some of those injuries with Brady...

8. JetsVilma28

Big Ben is indestructible, just checked roto world and they are saying he is clear for practice (concussion). How many more hits can he take? Brady does deserve more contact ;)

Wow, that Pitt defense looked lifeless in Seattle though. Can old man Hasselbeck have a career day in Pitt? Then Pitt is, @ Bengals and home against Denver...and also at division rivals Balt and Cleveland. Have to figure, at best, Pitt can get to 9.. and we own the tiebreaker.

We have to get to 9 for any of this to matter. I think 9 is the magic number for the Jets playoff hopes.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Let's all be honest. The Jets will lose a game we shouldn't (Giants, Titans or Cowboys), win a game we shouldn't (Patriots), and it will come down to week 17, giving our old coach a shot to knock us out of the playoffs.

10-6, and on to Cincy.

We'll see the Pats in round 2.

10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

that sounds EXACTLY like the Jets. Except we'll probably blow it week 17 in some Lions-like fashion

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I don't want the Pats to get the #1 seed. This is assuming we sneak in as the #6 WC.

I want the Jets to beat NE in the AFC Championship Game, not some week 2 conference game like 2010.

12. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

everyone gunna get their hopes up for the playoffs and lose their minds when we done make it

13. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

nah, if you're a real Jets fan, you already know that's coming

Jay Bizniss and nyjetsknicks247 like this.
  14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Indy vs Pitt is a tough one to pick a team on..

i think if Pitt wins, and we win, we move into a playoff spot.
    If Houston also wins in that scenario, Indy moves out of playoff position.

but it's tough to root for Pitt, as they are a serious threat for a wildcard spot.

bottom line...it's a must win for the Jets this week for a number of reasons.

15. JetsVilma28

It's a must win bc the Giants are a very beatable Giants team. That said...it's really not a must win bc it's a NFC team. The Jets could lose to the Giants without it having any major tie breaking implications. 9 is the magic number with or without a Jets W over the Giants.

The papers would love a Giants win...keeps their season alive...get to bash the Jets for a week, while the Jets are still alive. And we as fans drudge through a shitty week just to bounce back against the Titans....right back in the AFC wildcard hunt.

I'm expecting a lot of calls to go the Giants way Sunday. We are just going to have to flat out beat the piss out of them to get this W.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

see i think that's how Bowles is approaching it too, and while it's logical, I disagree with it.

football isn't always logical, it's a very emotional game.
    i believe the loser of this game is done.

the media storm is going to be severe, and the losing fan base is going to be very unbearable.
    that taste will last for 4 years, and they are going to make sure the players and coaches know it.
    it will takes it toll, it won't be lost on ownership, and jobs will be on the line. the momentum and dynamic of this season will change based on this games outcome.

this is more than 'just another game', and everyone knows it.
    i believe the winner will make the playoffs, and the loser will face a hail storm of shit, so i hope they understand the stakes and proceed accordingly.

i want to see the Jets come out inspired and playing like their jobs and their season depends on it, because it just might.
    i know Coughlin knows it, as he's been talking about players 'extending' themselves, and suddenly injured guys are planning on suiting up.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  17. JetsVilma28

This is probably 100% right. I still see the Jets as underdogs in this game. Giants will get calls, Jets will not.

Let's stop pretending the "better team" overcomes bad calls and adversity. Many more times the better team gets screwed and close games come down to a controversial call. I hate sounding like a bitch typing this...but I'm expecting the Jets to get railroaded by Officials on Sunday. Am I a bitch? Or has this been done many times before...?

Jets will have to play a near perfect game Sunday...like we did against the fish er mammals.

18. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

I lifted this from another post on another board but it seems to fit here as well:

Game with greatest playoff impact: New York Jets at New York Giants

- Jets: approximately 44 percent chance to make playoffs if they win, about a 22 percent chance if they lose (currently 33 percent chance, eighth in AFC)

- Giants: approximately 46 percent chance to make playoffs if they win, about a 21 percent chance if they lose (currently 33 percent chance, seventh in NFC)

> http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/112094/fpi-breaks-down-the-afc-wild-card-race

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This game is a much bigger game for the Giants than the Jets. They have games vs Carolina and Minny left up on their schedule and 5-7 won't be pretty going into both of those games.

If the Jets win this game, I think 10 wins is a realistic shot. They should be favorite of Tenn and Dallas. Win those 2 and you can be 9-5 going into games vs Pats and Jills.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Not over if we do lose but we then have to be almost perfect through the rest of the season and we'll be fighting for the #6 slot for an away day at the Bengals, Bronco's or even the Pats rather then having a shot at whoever wins the South.

So just to check.......this week I'm rooting for;
    Texans,
    Steelers (With Ben taking another knock late in the 4th)
    Oakland
    & ofc Sanchise to throw 6 or 7TD's (to his own teamates).