WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Pitt should get to 11?? Whoa, put down what ever your smoking and take a dose of reality. The best case for Pitt is finishing off 3-2 to get to 9 wins. If Ben doesn't play this week they can easily lose to Indy which could put them out of playoffs with 5 conference losses before they play @ Cin and home against Den. There is a real possibility they could be 8-8 with 7 conference losses. That's a long way from sweeping the remaining schedule to get to 11-5.

Big Cat likes this.
  2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

No way - 10 wins would very likely get us in.

On Pitt:

How do you figure Pitt is getting to 11? They are 6-5 and they still play @Cincinnati, Denver, and @Baltimore (Which is always a war, regardless of the records of the respective teams). Currently, we have the better conference record, so we own the tie-breaker over them.

On KC:

They are more likely to get to 11, but I don't buy them doing it either, because they are probably going to split with Oakland. (Also, I don't think the Chargers game will exactly be a layup for them). All things considered, they have the easiest schedule left (by far), and will likely get to 10 wins. As a result, I think they get one of the two spots.

On Houston:

Houston's next three games are all very hard, and they likely won't be favored in any of them. If they go 0-3 in those games, they are dead. Of course, they could easily beat Buffalo or Indy. We'll see. Either way, I doubt they finish better than 9-7.

On Buffalo:

Honestly, when we see them in week 17, it could be a playoff game. The thing with them is that they already have 6 losses and they still play Houston, @Washington, and @ Philly. If they lose any of those games, they will almost definitely need to beat us on January 3rd to have a shot. Once again, I doubt they finish better than 9-7.

The bottom line: If we finish the season the way we started it (going 4-1) and end up 10-6, we will almost definitely make the playoffs. But, the problem is, I honestly don't think we will.

Edit: I forgot to mention Oakland, but honestly, with 6 losses already and easily the toughest schedule remaining, I don't see them finishing better than 8-8. I think they are a long shot.

#122 slimjasi, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    LIJetsFan likes this.
  3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

It's called The Green Parrot and is actually in Casselberry, FL which is about 15 minutes north of Orlando and probably an hour and change from Cocoa Beach. There are usually 15 - 20 Jets fans each game, but with it being against the Giants, my guess closer to 25 - 30.

4. slimjasi

My best guess is that KC gets one spot and either us, Pitt, or the winner of Buff/Houston gets the other spot.

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

We still control our own destiny though right? Win out and we're in.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Nothing is a lock in the league and certainly not in the AFC but right now given the schedule, injuries etc. its looking like KC has the easiest schedule of the 6-5 teams and looking solely at the next 3 games the Jets are the only team of the 6-5 teams (incl Indy) that should be favored in all 3. That doesn't mean Jets and KC are the WC in AFC but the other 3 6-5 teams (Pitt, Indy, Hou) will be in dog fights the next few weeks and with the Indy / Hou game looming in 3 weeks the loser could be on the outside looking in.

7. forevercursed

8. slimjasi

agree.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nope. Monday morning 8am.

10. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Its kinda hard to hate the Browns

11. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Well no, unless the other 3 6-5 teams play one another, if everybody won out I think we still sit at #7.

If we win here KC,HOU, and PIT lose, NOW we control our own destiny.

12. xoMYSTiCxo

xoMYSTiCxo Member

Please beat em Jets! lol i can't stand the giants ugh

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'ves always liked the Giants and Steelers; I'm the only Jets fan in the family. Dad's side is all Giants and Mom's side is all Steelers. I cheer for both teams if they aren't playing the Jets or a team that needs to win to make the Jets get into the playoffs (that happens more with the Steelers obviously)

14. forevercursed

Well, Steelers we're already ahead of.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, but that's pretty far. Have fun, though.

16. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Defensively I would like to see Cro/Williams with Gilchrist / Pryor double or Triple cover OBJ all game. Put Revis on Randle and remove him from the game. Force Eli to go to his third option who will be covered by Skrine or make him go to a constantly double or triple covered OBJ. OBJ will get his catches and probably a touchdown and 150 yards but how effective will the rest of the team be? Make them as 1 dimensional as possible and have the sons shut down that joke of a running game they are fielding these days.

17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

OBJ should get double all day Sunday.

We should rotate corners and double coverage packages. Seems like every corner is going to be tuned-in for their turn; OBJ motivates opponents. Make sure Pryor and Gilchrist get a chance at licks/finishing plays on OBJ. Take that kid right out of the game. Force Eli to look elsewhere or throw into coverage/trap.

18. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

This is what Belichick always does to us and it always works. Gear up to stop the run, double the top receiver with and use your #1 corner to take away the secondary receiver. I hope we do this, we'll find out if Dwayne Harris can carry an offense.

20. forevercursed

Revis on Randle would totally eliminate him

This is a great post. I also wouldn't mind Pryor popping OBJ early and setting the tone much like last week.

Giants run game will be non existent. One thing that does worry me is Eli's escapability. Not that he's Russell Wilson or anything but does a good job breaking out of the grasp and when containment breaks down, OBJ can be very dangerous.