Pryor is really good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sanchize0829, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

BANG

and a fumble recovery

AND he had the pressure on the interception

When's the last time we got an immediate impact (or any impact) from a 3rd round pick? This kid's gonna be good.

2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

There is nothing like having your team draft a player at a position of need and have that player become great. It feels reaching an area you can't scratch....

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

All i got out of that was people really have low football IQ's. Like anyone who even placed judgement on pryor playing as a deep cover free safety either don't know the difference in duties between a SS & FS or flat out never knew a lick about pryor.. probably both.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Was at the game; Best part about this is Pryor was just working up the crowd throwing his arms up in the air and getting people riled up before the play... And then goes and lays that hit.. Let me tell you the place went crazy.

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

What i've preached about Pryor (and mauldin) is that motor! Dude never moving slow or taking his time.. he reacts fast and gets to his target like a bullet. Must be a Louisville thing.
    Also even since college.. his big hits are LEGAL! and punishing!

EMPRYOR STATE OF MIND!!

NCJetsfan and socaljetfan like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This draft class has really stepped up the past couple of weeks

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Hate to rain on the Rex knows nothing about defense while Todd Bowles is a defensive genius parade but Rex had no choice but to play Pryor at FS. As bad as Pryor was at FS, he was the best option there based on the safety depth chart ast year. Everyone else was a in the box SS. At least Pryor did play FS in college even though his skill set was best suited for SS at the NFL level.

8. pdxdrew

When Devin Smith made that catch, expectations exploded....

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Devin Smith was as happy about that catch as the Jets fans were.....

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Havent gotten a Jets jersey in a while, Pryor will be my first since...Jeez. Pennington in 2002

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Leonard Williams has been solid all year, Maudlin has started coming on the last couple of weeks, and now you got Devin Smith in the EZ.

Not saying Devin Smith is the next Desean Jackson, but I am glad they are starting to make some sort of impact.

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. pdxdrew

When I think about what Macc could have do with the 2014 Draft class! All those wasted picks It makes me hate Idzik that much more....

13. THUNDER

THUNDER Member

I was at work watching the game and yelled "oh shit" during the sack. Lol got some funny looks.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I knew he woulda been good all along1!!!

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm with you. This kid is unbelievably easy to root for and he's pretty damn good at what he does to boot. He's slowly becoming my favorite Jet.

16. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Seriously.

It's like none of these guys actually saw Pryor in his first preseason action against the Bengals. We knew we were getting a monster, we just didn't have the secondary talent anywhere last year. EVERYONE was playing out of position, not because Rex is a retarded, but because we didn't have any fucking talent back there.

17. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

So where do you think Pryor should have been played, and who should have been put in Pryor's spot to give us the best chance to win?

Is Rex an idiot because he didn't play Dawan Landry center field?

18. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I never really understood this "Rex used him wrong" angle. Pryor is playing plenty of FS for us right now, he played plenty of SS (in the box) last year under Rex. He's doing great at FS, last year he didn't do well at SS. The one thing he was supposedly great at he really struggled with. So I don't think it had anything to do with how they were using him. The issue was Pryor himself and his supporting cast. They all stunk. He was a different person / player last year. Had zero confidence, missed the easiest tackles, took incredibly poor angles when he tried to tackle somebody, he didn't make any bigplays, no impact plays, nothing. He missed team meetings, probably didn't study as hard as he should have. All that's changed. He got his shit together, his dad sat him down in the offseason and I guess he got through to him. His confidence is off the charts now thanks to some of the bigplays, some of the plays he made against Gronk, Watt, Jimmy Graham, only elite guys can pull those off, he's healthy, he knows his assignments. Like I said, completely different person and player. Didn't like Rex as a headcoach one bit but you can't blame him for Pryor's struggles. He even got benched late in the year because Rex was trying to send him a message.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

When you think of our defense Pryor's name comes to mind, that in itself says something about the kid.

johnny likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner