WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Probably less actually. But without him that Giants pass rush resembles that of a high school team. He atleast is someone that needs to be accounted for.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the Giants are an absolutely dreadful team.....have been for some time.....yet continue to be overrated somehow.

i want this game more than any on the schedule, with maybe the exception of the Patriots.
    the opportunity only presents itself every 4 years.

expose this team for the soft group they are, end their season, and send Coughlin packing courtesy of the ganggreen.
    then sit back, and watch their fanbase stew in the inevitable negativity that will follow until next season.

7-5 would put us squarely back in the playoff picture.
    but regardless of where our season goes after this week, this win would taste the most delicious..

LIJetsFan likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Giants are fucking dogshit yet I fully expect to lose this game.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Me too.

PabloJa likes this.
  5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I would argue it's SOJ now. SOJ includes giving fans a glimmer of hope and crushing it with late season losses.

6. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Will be elsewhere for this surrounded by Giants fans. Would be really nice if we could make Eli look like dog shit.

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Giants are easiest team on remaining schedule outside of Tenn.

blow this game, and the season is shot imo..
    we brought in good players to Win these types of games. they better be prepared, and maybe even play a little angry.

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I was making a joke about his fingers but yea he's not as good as he was in 2011

irishwhip03 likes this.
  9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Cromartie better call in sick that day otherwise OBJ is going to end his career.

I do expect us to win. Eli usually struggles with aggressive defenses.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Ahh good one lol. Went right over my head haha.

DRCâ„¢ likes this.
  11. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

If the Jets play consistently like they did yesterday, they should finish up 4-1 the rest of the way. Only losing the the Pats, and even then they could win if they played like yesterday.

Beating the Giants, Titans, Cowboys, Bills are all very doable. But we can't let up not taking weeks off.

Shut down OBJ, Walker, Dez, and Watkins respectively and we could easily sail into the playoffs at 10-6.

Now, knowing the Jets, I won't exactly be holdign my breath, but I did at least win dinner from a buddy with a season sweep of the dolphins.

12. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

This is an interesting game. The Giants have given up at least 20 pts to 9 out of 11 teams and scored at least 20 in 9 out of 11 games. This is not a game to get conservative in play calling or the Jets can easily lose 21-17. If they go out and take advantage of the Giants awful D I think they win.

On offense the Giants are one dimensional but successful, they throw the ball a lot given their poor rushing attack. With injuries at TE, no run game and their #2 WR out on IR this plays well into the strength of the Jets D. They easily could get 3/4 int's.

On defense the Giants pass D is awful, rushing D is middle of the pack so the Jets should be able to move the chains frequently in a variety of ways and they have the ability to put up 27 or so on this team. They'll need to do it.

The biggest issue is will Gailey play it conservative or get aggressive against a bad D. The jets play well against teams with bad D and struggle a lot against better defensive teams. If Gailey goes conservative I think they lose, if he pushes it on offense I think they win handily.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hear hear...It's my fear

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

imho you're being kind calling the Giants rush D middle of the pack. It's pretty bad and Ivory should be able to put up at least 90+ on them

Dwayne Harris could be a problem for us in the return game.

15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

If Todd Bowles wants to succeed where others have failed then he needs to "flip the script" and beat a Giants team that is winnable in every single facet of the game. The Jets are the more talented team across the board, save for QB. This should be a no brainer win.

16. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Cowboys Titans Giants i expect a win. Bills in week 17 will be tough because it's probably a win and in and Rex will be licking his chops to eliminate his old team. With the Pats loss last night i see that game as even more winnable (i believed we could win already) as they will probably home field locked up and no undefeated season to play for now. They by no means will take it easy but i see them resting a guy or two and closing up the playbook a little.

17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

They've only had 2 100 yd rushers against them all season (Dal / Phil) the same number as the Jets (Phil / Buf). The main difference is they've given up more rushing TD's than the Jets. It's surprising close in passing TD's allowed despite the Giants giving up over 300 receiving yds / game.

Jets D - passing TD's allowed 21 ; Giants 20

Jets D - Rushing TD's allowed 2 ; Giants 8

18. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

damn, feels like forever ago when the jets last beat the Giants in the regular season. I believe it was when Ronnie Lott deflected a Phil Simms pass in the end zone to help secure a 10-6 snoozer.....1993.

19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Well the total amount of rushing yards difference is stark. The Jets give up 84 Rushing yards a game. Best in football. Giants are at 110 yards a game. 20th.

20. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Interesting toss-up game. It stinks that Eli didn't have his meltdown game against us, I expect him to bounce back in a big way after the 3 INT performance against the Skins. When you play the Giants, it is very simple - you have to contain their passing attack at least a little bit. Easier said than done. I would expect us to be able to put up 24-28 points on their D though, the question is if that will be enough.