WEEK 13: New York Jets (6-5) at New York Giants (5-6) Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh :oops:

talisaynon likes this.
  2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets need to take a page of what Washington did and win the T.O.P., keep the Giants out of sync on offense and wear their defense down with the running game.

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Ha. The real question is, was this another moral victory for the Giants?

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Maybe while Breno Giacomini is standing around watching the play happen, he can challenge JPP to a thumb wrestling contest. However, he would probably lose that battle too. Enunwa would have to help him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

There are certain teams I never feel comfortable about the Jets playing, regardless of how either team is playing at the time.

Ravens
    Raiders @ Oakland
    Eagles
    Giants

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I just hope the team gets over the jetlag of their visit to the opposing team's turf and can focus on the game at hand.

74, TNJet, Big Cat and 2 others like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Giants got beat by a team we already handled for whatever thats worth

However, They also played well against NE with all their weapons healthy

They are in a real suckslide down the drain so we have them in a good spot plus 50% home crowd

is there a Vegas line out yet?

8. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Pick'em

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Just curious what the ratio of Jet/Giants fans will be on Sunday. At 5-6 I think the Giants are pretty deflated as they were knocked out of first (and the playoffs in general as they are behind Seattle and 2 other teams for the final Wild Card in the NFC)

Meanwhile we have new life and control our own destiny.

I think it will be like 35% Jets fans there. If not more.

10. forevercursed

Have to add Steelers to that.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Obviously hate the Giants and desperately want to win this one, but if we're going to lose 2 more games I hope this is one, because it's the only one remaining that wouldn't hurt our conference record.

But 7-5 is light years better than 6-6 no matter how you slice it, especially with Titans and Cowboys on tap.

12. largojetfan

largojetfan Member

I have no opinion on the Browns...

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Going into the 2011 game I felt the Jets were the superior team. A Jets season collapse and Giants Super Bowl win later I still felt that way. Somehow the Jets blew it and the Giants caught fire though. Hard to explain. I feel similar in 2015. The Jets are better. Will they show it down the stretch and win on Sunday? We will see.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but I think the biggest key is on the other side of the ball. The Giants only have 12 sacks --- worst in the NFL. The Jets have only allowed 14 sacks --- best in the NFL. Looking at those numbers, Fitzpatrick should have all day to throw the ball. Marshall and Decker will have plenty of time to work free. It's up to Fitz to show up and deliver the ball for big yardage.

On top of that, the Giants are also dead last in opponents 3rd down conversions. We should be able to control the clock and also hit big plays on them. If we don't score at least 27 points on Sunday, the offense did a bad job.

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm going to throw my remote at the TV if we start every drive with a dive play. How about we get Ivory outside he tackles for once and let
    Him run over a CB

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'm worried, because the Giants are like the Eagles: It doesn't matter how good we're doing or how bad they're doing in any given season; they always seem to beat us. We haven't beaten the Giants in the regular season in over 20 years. Hopefully this breaks the trend.

LWC611 and LIJetsFan like this.
  17. forevercursed

The Giants are about as close to a two man team as you can possibly be in the NFL. Manning to Beckham. And Manning we know can have his dumb moments, but the his bread and butter is Odell Beckham and not much else.

The Giants defense is atrocious. Those old 80's (and 1990) Giants team laugh at them. They are ranked 32nd in the NFL. They give up an average 419 yards a game. Their secondary is a joke. Their run D is a little better (20th in the NFL, meh) but overall a good offense (which we do have) should be able to move the ball at will against them.

With our #1 run D we shouldn't allow anything to the mediocre R. Jennings and Shane Vereen (though both can be pests catching the ball out of the backfield) we have to be wary because the Giants employ this annoying chinese firedrill screen play where when protection breaks down around manning and he's twisting and turning in the pocket as his offensive line holds for dear life and does not get called for it (ie the Tyree catch) a Giants RB will run back to the LOS to receive an unplanned screen from Manning and usually take it 20 yards.

Pryor absolutely needs to pop Beckham early. Take the 15 if need be.

The matchup favors us in all facets of the game

And this may be the final nail in Coughlins coffin. If we drop them to 5-7 and Washington can beat a beleaguered Cowboys team it will be curtains for the Giants in 2015.

There is literally nothing that we can do on offense that they are equipped to stop. Nothing. And while we may have issues stopping Beckham, I think we can scheme enough to contain him.

I think our D Line will terrify the Giants O-Line who is beat up. They're playing a backup center (Dallas Reynolds...who?) Justin Pugh is out, and Geoff Schwartz just went out with a broken leg. D Rodgers Cromartie couldn't put any weight on his right foot and left yesterdays game too. They are falling apart...

Finish them off. Retire Coughlin. BEAT THE GIANTS!

18. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Having JPP in there helps their pass rush in reality but yes it hasnt translated to the actual game yet.

This game scares me cause the Jets never seem to take advantage of these opportunities plus the Giants never seem to die in these big games.

Considering we have a different team and coaching regime , this might be our biggest "statement" game since the 45-3 game against NE in 2010.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

JPP is 9/10 the player he used to be

Freddy Mondo, DRCâ„¢, FJF and 2 others like this.
  20. forevercursed

good point. Seems that way sometimes. Eagles came back from 21-0 on us in 1993, with Bubby Brister coming in for Randall Cunningham, and Rich Kotite as their coach

How? I'll never know

Also Halloween 1993 was the least time we beat the Giants. It was a 10-6 clunker (don't remember who was the home team) but we recovered a goalline fumble as a Giants player was about to score and Ronnie Lott made a play on a last second throw into the endzone by Simms.