Defense looking better

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Marcus Williams shut whoever he was covering today down. Didn't hear his name once. Well, once, when he made the great interception that gave us all the momentum we needed to start fast and win this game. He's now leading the league in interceptions...Bowles better not bench him again next week when Revis returns. Especially not with Cromartie half assing his way through another game, with that missed tackle at the end, another bigplay TD he gave up that should have been a 5-10 yard catch at best. This guy simply can't be counted on.

Mauldin also got a lot of playing time today. Didn't like how Bowles used him on the strong side where he had to fight off the RT and TE for the most part, and Catapano on the left side even though he doesn't really look like an edge rusher. Mauldin still had a big sack, Catapano also had some nice rushes.

Also great to see Demario Davis rotate with Erin Henderson. Henderson looked good, hopefully Bowles doesn't go back to giving Davis 100% of the snaps again.

Pryor...what a savage! Enough said. He's playing at a Pro Bowl level, he's showing signs of becoming that next Polamalu. To think that exactly a year ago some people labeled him a bust. Let's not forget Mo & Sheldon as well. Pace didn't see many snaps on passing downs. Just...don't go back to Cromartie next week. Don't ruin this, Todd. DON'T! :mad:

2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Did Williams come back after the interception? Could be why his name wasnt said. Walls had a great day and Pryor is becoming a stud. Maybe he was the reason the D was so average when he was hurt? Certainly looks that way.

Some consistency now is what is needed.

Im glad we won today but a strong performance and a W next week will get me re-energized about this season.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Still not getting pressure on the QB. Other than those three sacks, Tannehill looked real comfortable.

zace likes this.
  4. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Missing Pryor for a couple of weeks killed our Defense........ I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's the Heart of the Defense...... The Tone setter we need....... He's our Defensive MVP

greaser likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know when he got hurt but it wasn't too far into the game, and he didn't return.

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

bruhhhhh don't be calling pryor the next polamalu, he's one of the greatest safeties ever

7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Williams never came back after he got hurt. Walls played the majority of the game, and played well

8. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Wilson was out of the game after his interception. He didn't play 3 quarters but yes he should be the starter over cro next week if healthy

9. DaBallhawk

Sprained knee for Marcus Williams. Tired of this shit...

Axel3419 likes this.
  10. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

He hurt his leg on the interception.

11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Hopefully Williams is ok, and Pryor's absence was definitely felt on defense, today made it more noticeable.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think he hurt his leg on the interception. I think he tweaked his knee doing the interception dance afterwards. Only on the Jets.

jdon likes this.
  13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Walls gave up 2 tds and almost gave up a third on a long pass in the 4th quarter. Far from playing well

tomdeb likes this.
  14. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Bro took a big hit at the end of his run.

15. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Was that late in the game? Because I stopped paying much attention in the 4th quarter

16. Br4d

And then he got up and started dancing. Go look again.

Maybe he already had the sprained knee and somehow danced through it in the heat of the moment but that seems kind of doubtful.

17. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

That's what I saw. Walls sucked after he replaced Williams. Don't know why Bowles didn't play Milliner more. Walls was getting burned on multiple times by Landry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. DaBallhawk

Marcus day to day. Sounds good.

19. DaBallhawk

Nah, he took a nasty hit on his knee but I guess he didn't want to lay there after the INT, he got up and celebrated instead. Probably didn't feel/realize it with how excited he was.

20. Br4d

Parcells used to have players in the doghouse also. Guys that you'd think would get more playing time but didn't. I'm not sure if that was a Joe Gibbs MO. I didn't watch him as closely as I watched Parcells. Less entertainment value.